Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ezekieal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrial View Post
    You can't see it just from that text you posted, but if you look at the icons, they are rapier-type swords. Rapiers are usually usable by BRD, DRG, COR, and DNC, and are NEVER useable by BLU (with the lone exception of Lex Talionis). Just like DNC can't use baselard type daggers, but jobs like SCH can. (Which, back when Blau Dolch was still a big deal, pissed off DNCs to no end.)

But, I know many people will just say "who cares? we should still be able to use it because it's a sword and I think it looks cool and I waaaaaaant to, wahhhhhh!!" :P
    Yeah i did notice lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekieal View Post
    I have seen the icon for these swords now and they are Rapier style swords, so that explains why we cant wield
    having said that not getting a new sword still hurts (there is one with +7 AGI but it is obviously useless).
    Just wish it wasnt Rapier style cos those stats are sexy ; ;
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    This stuff is really QQ worthy. Never thought i'd get upset over this...
    (0)

Man am I gonna offhand this on war.
    (0)

never did get why drg are on rapier type, i mean when was the last time a drg was like "Screw this Polearm that I have a A+ skill with, let pick up that sword with C- with and don't even have any ws that i could proc with".
    Honestly these swords don't bother me too much, but then again i worked hard on getting my str magian sword and going for a almace, although have some swords blu can use with neat effects would be fun like stealing enhancements.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazus View Post
    never did get why drg are on rapier type, i mean when was the last time a drg was like "Screw this Polearm that I have a A+ skill with, let pick up that sword with C- with and don't even have any ws that i could proc with".
    Honestly these swords don't bother me too much, but then again i worked hard on getting my str magian sword and going for a almace, although have some swords blu can use with neat effects would be fun like stealing enhancements.
    Years ago in end game people used them for Spirits Within spamming when that was the cool way to do damage and DRG was lolDRG. I honestly don't think that was SE's intention but that's what the player base did with it at the time.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Years ago in end game people used them for Spirits Within spamming when that was the cool way to do damage and DRG was lolDRG. I honestly don't think that was SE's intention but that's what the player base did with it at the time.
    oh yea forgot about those days, probably for good reason,
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Oh PFFT! Ok BS I'm calling shinanigans on this, since when the hell did SE care about what type of sword we are using? I mean hell when they give RDM an AF3 that adds no native DD stats for a gear that in translation "One who uses a tuck style weapon" I mean that is almost so lolable it hurts. And also, we are using weapons that have no curve to them being completely not what the BLU is from its opening desctiption as a job class. I mean in all seriousness.... since when did they actually care enough to give us weapons that fit our job class. They still both do the same type of damage, so what does it even matter. SE are you telling me you are going to stick to this crap about a tuck style weapon not being usable by BLU's and yet you can't come up with shimitar weapons that a BLU can actually use? Aside from Isador....? Like Tyrfing for instance.... why in the hell can't that model be a BLU's almace model, or something. I mean if you're going to be such a stickler for weapon models, how about you go the full f*cking mile instead of jogging for a block and fetching a Big Gulp slurpie at the Seven Eleven.
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?

Character
    Kwate
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I understand people being upset about this, but to be blunt, put some effort and do a WOE (so easy to achieve) or Empyrean if you have more time to grind. This is what's going to separate your BLU.
    (0)

Character
    Volkai
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuro View Post
    Oh PFFT! Ok BS I'm calling shinanigans on this, since when the hell did SE care about what type of sword we are using?
    Always. Categorically speaking, Blue Mages cannot use Bastard Swords, Bilbos, Epees, Longswords, or Rapiers. There are individual exceptions, like ToM weapons or the Platoon Spatha, but they are exceptions.
    (0)
    "Don't take life too seriously, you can't get out of it alive."

Adoulin is installed but still not lighting up on your title screen? Here's what to do:
    Go to https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account and log in, then Select Service >>> PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI >>> Add a service account (blue button) >>> input expansion software registration code.

Player
    Yeah, all that's true but why didn't they just make these be swords that were of a type BLU could equip? That's the real question... sup with that?
    (0)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast