Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

The official Dark Knight adjustment and suggestion topic.

[SIZE="5"]-The Dark Knight Adjustment and Suggestion Topic-[/SIZE]

I am making this topic because I am sure that there will be plenty more topics dedicated to ideas. However, in order to have our voices be heard more easily, I find that a single topic should contain all the ideas players have thought about and hope for some changes to be made.

How this will work:
    Every day, I will examine this forum as well as other forums like KillingIfrit and ZAM and update this topic with anything that seems to be collectively accepted by Dark Knight players. I will categorize anything I find under different categories, such as equipment, abilities, magic and weapon skills. By doing this, any SquareEnix representative overseeing this forum can find a single post dedicated to things we Dark Knights are requesting rather than having to weed through several topics.

However, that is not to say everyone should just post here. In fact, I don't encourage that. With every good suggestion, there needs to be evidence of player support and a discussion explaining why. That is why I will provide a LINK to the topic and post where the idea first was introduced. This way anyone can see who came up with the idea, where they came up with it and how everyone responded to it. So please, don't use this topic as the only topic that needs attention.

What ideas will qualify:
    Ideas that qualify to be posted here will be those that seem to have more positive support. If more people agree than disagree, it qualifies to be edited here. For example, if someone requests a change that would greatly imbalance Dark Knight or give the job something it already has or does not need, it will not make this list. So remember, think wisely.

Other information:
    If you are just a guest but you still wish to get your opinion across, send me a Private Message on www.killingifrit.com if you do not have a SquareEnix ID. I will pass on your idea periodically in weekly topics for the Dark Knight players here to discuss. My user name on that website is "Logan Draconia."

And now, we get to the meat of the topic. Here will be the library of suggestions thought up and accepted by players in the Dark Knight community.

Job Abilities
    • Increased "Blood Weapon" duration.
      Source: Ethalio - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...a-Dark-Knight-!
    • Increased "Last Resort" duration.
      Source: Soeha - http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...a-Dark-Knight-!
    • "Stances" to swap between a melee mode and a magic mode to allow us to be stronger in both Melee and Magic, but we have to choose which "stance" for which occasion. Similar to how Hasso is an offensive "stance" and Seigan is a defensive "stance." We can only use one at any given time and activating the other cancels out the previous one.

Job Traits
    Equipment
    (Nothing yet)

Magic
    Weapon Skills
    Miscellaneous
    (Nothing yet)

*****Everything on this list is subject to change and will constantly be updated!*****
    (9)
    Last edited by Kagato; 03-31-2011 at 08:16 AM.

[SIZE="5"]Top Requests from Dark Knights[/SIZE]

Source: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...justment-Topic

8. Strengthen or Parry Skill (4 votes)
    -Having an Ability called "Tactical Parry" when we have a low Parry Skill isn't very effective.
    -Many would prefer a minimum of a B- in Parry skill.

7. Melee while Casting (9 votes)
    -A native trait to Dark Knights to allow us to still inflict Melee damage while casting a spell.

6. 2-Hour Ability Changes (11 votes)
    -Make Blood Weapon last longer. Or...
    -Change Blood Weapon to a 15-minute recast Job Ability and give us a new 2-hour ability completely.

5. "Stances" added to Dark Knight (17 votes)
    -Easy to switch between stances.
    -Magical Stance for more effective and stronger magical spells.
    -Melee stance to deal more effective melee damage.

4. Shortened Dark Magic casting times. (19 votes)
    -Preferred if this was a Dark Knight exclusive.
    -Would give more use to casting Absorb Spells mid-battle.

3. Strengthened Job Abilities and Traits. (23 Votes)
    -Adjustments to make Occult Acumen stronger by using more tiers of the trait based on level or change it to be affected by casting time instead of MP or Damage dealt.

2. New, stronger Dark Magic Absorbs and Spells. (34 votes)
    -Absord SPD (speed) is a popular request. Gives DRK Haste while giving the enemy Slow.
    -Slower Decay on Absorbs is another popular request.
    -New spells to inflict new enfeebles, such as Terrorize, Curse, Doom or Death.

1. Weapon Skill Changes (36 votes)
    -New weapon skill entirely to deal Critical Damage and compete with other powerful weapon skills. Or...
    -Changes to current Weapon Skills, such as Guillotine or Quietus, to deal critical damage or have stronger modifiers that DRKs normally use, with more focus on STR and DEX instead of INT and MND.

Goals Met:

May 10th, 2011: Last Resort now on a 3 Minute Duration.
    May 10th, 2011: New Job Ability to reduce Souleater HP consumption
    (6)
    Last edited by Kagato; 04-23-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Decent eternal suggestions:

Magic related:

Absorb-SPD
    Applies Slow effect to target and Haste effect to caster.

Occult Acumen needs to be enhanced further for Dark Magic spells, since the calculation is based on MP cost and all for the useful spells on DRK are fairly low in MP cost.

An enhanced Stun-esque spell, possibly Terror or inflicts Terror, and non-elemental to work on Lightning-resistant targets

There is currently an issue after the recalculation of Drain damage that Drain will now outperform Drain II with sufficient Dark Magic Skill (at least, extrapolating past level 90). A change in Drain II's calculations would be nice, and allowing it to work on top of Abyssea's HP buff would be acceptable too.

Return Absorb-TP to it's original effectiveness. Casting a spell for nothing is pointless and trite and makes it un-worthwhile.

Dark Magic Mastery Trait - Increases potency of Dark Magic spells by a moderate +%

Job Trait/Ability related

Two-handed weapon mastery
    Reduces delay of two-handed weapons.

It's preferable that this not reduce tp/hit to not break hit-builds.

A trait enhancement to Souleater at higher levels to increase damage without increasing HP loss. Possibly two-handed-weapon only.

Increased Last Resort duration (possibly in the new merit system), not just a few seconds though (which could hardly affect a single swing!) more like pushing it beyond a minute or more.

A job trait that will have an occasional and partial Blood Weapon effect at times when a Scythe is equipped. Should be at least 50% of damage.

Gear Related:

Empyrean +2 equipment has a laughable effect rate at 5%. It's a joke for most jobs really. Increasing the effect only on a full set is also less than worthwhile because that removes more important stats like Haste on DRK.

That covers most of the Allakhazam DRK forum's suggestions.
    (1)

Character
    Sakurawr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 92
    A native Double Attack trait wouldn't hurt. Caladbolg's delay is also terrible (too low - though obviously this applies only to a much more exclusive group) and severely hinders its otherwise decent potential.
    (0)

Thank you for providing these! The suggestions from the Alla-board are all not that bad. Maybe a few unbalancing ideas, but mostly pretty good.

However, the one regarding a natural double-attack just doesn't seem like a good idea. A natural DA seems to be WAR's gift and should stay that way.
    (0)

Character
    Sakurawr
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 92
    Most jobs are having their natural traits spread around and it's very hard for us ever to be respectable compared to WAR if we have a halfbaked Berserk, a halfbaked Aggressor, no Double Attack trait, etc
    (0)

Character
    Masekase
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    Thank you for providing these! The suggestions from the Alla-board are all not that bad. Maybe a few unbalancing ideas, but mostly pretty good.

However, the one regarding a natural double-attack just doesn't seem like a good idea. A natural DA seems to be WAR's gift and should stay that way.
    Ok fine thf has triple war has double hell ill settle for drks having quad attack then :P lol
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    Why restrict it to just WAR when even BLU gets it as a job trait set with spells? The only difference is WAR can make more use of Double Attack gear than most jobs.
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Make Occult Acumen based on casting time not mp and let it effect Absorb spells as well. that way we'd get decent tp return from drains and such.
    (0)

If you're not giving us spells, and if so, if you really want us to cast more spells... we need a cut from the long cast times of most of our spells.

If that doesn't happen, then at least, make Occult Amen the equivalent in TP of a swing.
    Because while I'm casting, I could've swung my weapon.

Occult Amen as it is... it's just a silly job trait.
    (0)

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast