Thread: Avesta Bangles

Character
    Kimikiki
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Avesta Bangles

Well, if you all haven't been following the updates that are coming in. Looks like the legendary JP Red Mage Avesta (known for some of the most difficult solos in the game) is getting an item named after him.

Avesta Bangles Rare Exclusive
    Hands
    Magic Accuracy+6
    Enfeebling magic skill +15
    Elemental magic skill +15
    Dark magic skill +15
    Lv88 MNK WHM BLM RDM THF DRK BRD RNG SMN BLU COR PUP DNC SCH

Seriously, that is a huge honor to have something named after you. I'd love to get my hands on these one day. =D
    (7)
    Kimiko - Siren
    /panic motion - http://www.panicmotion.net

Character
    Jtf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 88
    Where did you hear this?
    (0)

I wonder if Avesta still plays, well awesome if he does and he gets to equip them lol What an honour for one of the legends of FFXI. *inb4 "he isn't that great I can solo despot too"
    (0)

He isn't that great, i can solo despot, and everything else he has in 1/3 the time he takes.
    (5)

He isn't that great, i can solo despot, and everything else he has in 1/3 the time he takes.
    Everything is easy once someone else has done it and shown others it's possible, even the devs see that and have made an item to honour him. Won't ever see any items named after you.

It's easy to copy or improve on something, being the first is where the status is. e.g. first shell to beat AV legit > shell that killed it quicker/better.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Runespider View Post
    *inb4 "he isn't that great I can solo despot too"
    Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    He isn't that great, i can solo despot,
    stuff
    gonna hazard a guess and say you failed at reading a joke rune....
    (0)

Everything is easy once someone else has done it and shown others it's possible, even the devs see that and have made an item to honour him. Won't ever see any items named after you.

It's easy to copy or improve on something, being the first is where the status is. e.g. first shell to beat AV legit > shell that killed it quicker/better.
    Sorry but the only significant difference between almost all nms is the name. Applying a strategy that has been used since day one on a new mob does not count for anything.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Romanova View Post
    gonna hazard a guess and say you failed at reading a joke rune....
    Second half of the sentence was serious.

I mean, he is definitely good, and props to him for showing people what rdm is capable of, but he was never an amazing soloist. Great? Yes. Legendary? Hardly.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I doubt SE named a piece of gear after Avesta. You should google Avesta sometime. It's much more likely it involves real world stuffs. Also consider what the chances are that SE even knows or cares who Avesta is.
    (4)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Sorry but the only significant difference between almost all nms is the name. Applying a strategy that has been used since day one on a new mob does not count for anything.
    Having an awesome piece of gear every good rdm would want to try to own named after him says different. In a game steeped in status, this is the ultimate.
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast