Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SS RR Apoc , is what im using now highs of about 7000 avg of about 4000 for VS , and as a comparison on my war my highs are 8-9000 avg 5.5-6000. as noted the DPS gained from the new crit dmg cap is huge.
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Best atma depends on buffs. VV isn't going to be as good as GH if say you have a BRD and/or are tanking (which most MNKs do.)
    (0)

Character
    Darkshade
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dfoley View Post
    For examples:
    TP SET:
    Thew Bomblet
    Tantra +2
    Faith
    Brutal
    Aesir
    Tantra +2
    Tantra +2
    Rajas
    Epona
    Atheling
    Black
    Tantra +2
    Tantra +2

VV/RR/APOC:
    WS Dmg:4171
    Set DPS:477.372
    Full DPS:402.584

GH/RR/APOC
    WS Dmg:3844
    Set DPS:459.444
    Full DPS:388.629

VV/RR/APOC is the clear winner. (Those ws were done in the same set as tp)

I just toyed around with the gear and got the highest combo as:
    mnk.war,
    r curry bun food,
    berk up
    Tantra Tathlum
    MKE WSDmg
    Ire +1
    Brutal
    Kemas
    Tantra +2
    Heafoc
    Strigoi
    Epona
    Vigilance +1
    Beir +1
    Hachiryu
    Tantra +2

WS Dmg:4910
    Set DPS:550.059
    Full DPS:462.754
    Since your able to get all these stastics, could you do me a favor and try btoh sets of gear, but using the atma setup:

RR/VV/SS It's what I use, and i NEVER hit under 6k WS. im not even full +2'd, using 85 Vere and some other bits of gear are not yet finished. I.e no DMG/STR/ATT on neck, just twlight neck. And 1 of my rings is HP+90. (W.I.P - no I dont think I need HP/Physical damage down, but when I haven't got anything yet, since working on vere, its what i've been using for tanking Dragua as taru!)
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicora View Post
    well even though im late to the party, 22k VS with brew on Dragua, 9392 no Brew on Ironclad best VS i get seems 7-8k and I full time af3+2. only time i macro in WS gear for VS is when i have a high def mob/nm and i still only get 6-7k Maybe i should get str+ pants but for the most part im the sinlge best DD in my LS even with a lvl 85 Uko's emp GA. I /sam alot now for sekk <3 was playin with kirin like that and took 35% of his HP within 45 sec. so as long as you Like your gear, dont give a care to what others say. VS nakked is still better than most blade Hi with the best gear.
    Not only is this incredibly exagerated, but it just makes your ls sound like it totally sucks.
    (1)

Character
    Itchyboto
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicora View Post
    well even though im late to the party, 22k VS with brew on Dragua, 9392 no Brew on Ironclad best VS i get seems 7-8k and I full time af3+2. only time i macro in WS gear for VS is when i have a high def mob/nm and i still only get 6-7k Maybe i should get str+ pants but for the most part im the sinlge best DD in my LS even with a lvl 85 Uko's emp GA. I /sam alot now for sekk <3 was playin with kirin like that and took 35% of his HP within 45 sec. so as long as you Like your gear, dont give a care to what others say. VS nakked is still better than most blade Hi with the best gear.
    what?! that war must fail! or your nose is just growing. STOP drinking the bong water
    (0)

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm halfway on the SS/RR/AA bandwagon.

I haven't seen it mathed out yet, but it 'feels' stronger than GH/RR/AA... I've stuck with GH still mostly, for the extra AGI/Counter - but sometimes I go with SS instead... soloed some NMs in Abyssea - Altep for fun using MNK/WAR and SS/RR/AA. Built TP to 300%, popped Victory Smite, Impetus, Hundred Fists... stuff dies fast... but you can too... so I suggest using a Fanatic's Powder/Drink.
    (0)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

SS/RR/AA combo can output higher potential criticals, but from what I've personally tried I see similar results with GN or VV combos in overall damage. The trade-offs between SS, GN, and VV differences are somewhat marginal to overall damage.
    (0)
    Last edited by Swords; 07-02-2011 at 03:49 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2