Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do you think Aby NPC's in starter cities will help PJ crowding?

The nature of FFXI lately and how important pug content is I don't think it will do much at all, since Square don't seem to like the idea of a shout channel I don't think they can do anything about crowding in PJ. On my server 1/4 of the whole populace are in PJ right now.

Most will still have to crowd around in port jeuno, the new NPC fix will only help people that have set groups for everything.

This game really needs either a shout channel or areas with Aby npcs to have linked shouts.
    (2)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    no. It wil not help with crowding in jeuno. The onyl thing it will do is make quicker access if someone happenes to be in a main nation. Since shouts are area specific, everyone has to be in one area to check them. Cant split up in to many groupd and still get much done. THey will remain in jeuno to be able to see shouts since thats where we are acustomed to seeing them.

Note tho that with the AH merger, if they could do something about that shout issue, they mgith actuly have a shot at helping with that crowding problem.
    (0)

Character
    Chronofantasy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    If they placed Abyssea NPCs in White Gate (Yet I know that makes no sense since it's all the way on the other end of vana'diel), do you think people would gather again in Aht Urgan? I think people will if Abyssea NPCs are placed there as well.
    (0)

Player
    I'd rather see aby NPCs in another zone of jeuno.
    Though I guess I wouldn't mind home nation, as long as the AHs are merged into 1.
    (0)

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    Doubt it since Jeuno is like a Pub to people.

Unless there was a system where you can tap into a different chatbox and shout in other zones, which would be awesome.

Edited for spelling.
    (0)
    Last edited by Miera; 05-10-2011 at 01:47 AM.
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    This thread amuses me now.
    (0)

Character
    Chronofantasy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My home nation is Windurst... but fack that, I'm not walking all the way to Heaven's tower now just to warp to abyssea. They should've made the Abyssea warp NPCs near OP NPCs.
    (1)

My home nation is Windurst... but fack that, I'm not walking all the way to Heaven's tower now just to warp to abyssea. They should've made the Abyssea warp NPCs near OP NPCs.
    Seriously, why the hell did they put it there..
    (2)

Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The only decent choice was Port Sandy but that would've been better in South Sandy.

Port Bastok is the worst zone to put the NPCs in. No AH, and only reason to appear here is for airship (which hardly anyone uses these days) or warp to whitegate. Mines would've been the best choice.

Windy has it the worst though. Can't even use the Mog House back-allies to get there quickly.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Game needs server wide chat channel for all major cities. That is the only thing that will eliminate Jeuno or even White Gate overcrowding. But then you also have to deal with the issue of not being able to invite someone unless they are in the same zone.

I don't know how hard it is to implement an invite system where you can invite players from anywhere but it seems impossible for SE.
    (1)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast