Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And chainspell, and manafont, and spirit surge, and meikyo shisui, and even perfect dodge. RNG is a DD, their 2hour is supposed to deal a lot of damage, but it doesn't. Just because a few other 2hours aren't super good, doesn't mean rng's doesn't need a buff.
    Perfect Dodge? Are you serious?
    Also no, Spirit Surge is not awesome. It's a good 2hr ability, but it's not awesome. Because whilst it gives 25% Haste, it is magic haste, and is lost to the Magic Haste cap as soon as you through Marches and Haste spell into the mix. In a zerg all it does is give you some extra STR and reset your Jump timers. Except in a zerg you don't have time to use all the JAs anyway. Last time I fought AV, by the time I had used Sekka, Med, Spirit and Soul Jump (And WSs between of course) he was almost dead. After spirit surging to reset jump timers I didn't actually have time to use them again before he died.

And perfect dodge? A good 2hr? Don't make me laugh.
    (0)

Better than EES. But sure, it's not as good anymore now that there aren't many things thf isn't capping evasion on anyway.

As for spirit surge being magical haste, what would be a better choice? with hasso up you'd lose 10% of spirit surge's haste from the JA haste cap. Gear haste is usually close to cap as well. I can think of plenty of situations where I don't have both double march and haste spell on me.

Sounds like you're saying all 2hours which aren't perfect for a fully buffed zerg run is a bad 2hour.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 05-11-2011 at 08:06 PM.

May as well just give them a 2 hour that shoots a "death" arrow that won't be broken at all, nope.
    I've seen SMN do some pretty insane crap with Odin and no one calls them broken. I've heard of some pretty insan damage from Jishnu's rdiance and Wildfire and no one says thats broken. A 0.6% chance every two hours of 30k damage is hardly broken. But I'm not demanding such a change i just happen to think it would be fun because of the random nature of it. But I'm a COR at heart so randomness is my life lol.
    (1)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

How do you see that as being a good idea? My arrows hit from like 200-600 dmg, times that by 99 and make it hate free. You think that's a reasonable two hour ability? Are you stoned?
    If you worked it like barrage and didn't allow crits into the equation, your chance at hitting full 99 would be 0.6%. Most of the time you'd hit for 10k or less. Maybe a bit broken but compared to what a DRK zerg used to do, not so insane.
    (1)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    There are much worse 2hr abilities than Eagle Eye Shot. Yes, I would love if it had an update too, but people need to stop comparing every shitty two-hour ability to Hundred Fists and Mighty Strikes.
    I wasn't. I was comparing how it was drastically weaker than WAR's average WS, without 2hr.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Better than EES. But sure, it's not as good anymore now that there aren't many things thf isn't capping evasion on anyway.

As for spirit surge being magical haste, what would be a better choice? with hasso up you'd lose 10% of spirit surge's haste from the JA haste cap. Gear haste is usually close to cap as well. I can think of plenty of situations where I don't have both double march and haste spell on me.
    JA Haste or Equipment haste would be better. JA haste would allow you to go from 78.5 to 80% haste. Gear haste would allow you to wear non-aste DD gear, similar to when a Drk uses Catastrophe.

And EES is still better than Perfect Dodge. EES if nothing else gives a little extra damage every 2hrs. Perfect Dodge does sweet FA.
    (0)

Character
    Fancyone
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    that was nice lol but too powerful what about this FREE RANGE ^^
    description will be for 30sec you can fire with out consuming ammo and increases rate of crit hits for the duration
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkalinehoe View Post
    I liked my idea for the new 2hrs thread.

Blackout - Fires every single arrow in your ammo slot at one opponent. Enmity is reset for the RNG.
    (0)

Character
    Fancyone
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    its was an opinion please stop attacking an idea good or bad. if you dont like it, fine come up with yours and stop the hate please grow up
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    How do you see that as being a good idea? My arrows hit from like 200-600 dmg, times that by 99 and make it hate free. You think that's a reasonable two hour ability? Are you stoned?

Used in Abyssea. Let's say 600 dmg a shot. That's roughly 60k dmg. HATE FREE. Oh, I have a Revit, 120k dmg in a couple of seconds hate free.

Ya, nothing wrong with that.

Outside of Abyssea, let's say 400 dmg a shot. That's roughly 40k dmg, again, hate free. Oh, I have a Cor with me. 80k Dmg right there. Yep, not broken.

Man, why hasn't SE added this completely legit idea.
    (0)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Gatling Shot. Consider this a rng chainspell. Duration 1 min. Extreme reduction of delay between ranged attacks. The delay should be reduced so as to allow maybe 20 shots to be fired in that time. Note that this could be combined with Camo and/or Decoy shot to reduce the chance of taking a dirt nap half way through.

The delay reduction could be a set % of equipped ranged delay. This would probably balance the damage between high delay weapons (which are normally higher damage) and low delay weapons.

And keep EES but make it a JA on a 5 or 10 min timer.
    (0)
    Last edited by Lokithor; 09-11-2011 at 12:11 PM.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Now, I'm basing my numbers on what other people are saying, so if 20-30k isn't the damage that could be done with it, shoot them in the foot, not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkalinehoe View Post
    With NMs having higher HP 20-30k isn't that broken. Especially for a 2hr ability.
    Ranger parties say hi. SE didn't want a party of Scholars to be able to instantly kill Absolute Virtue which has somewhere south of 70k HP if I'm not mistaken, so why would Ranger be any different? Granted, Rangers would need to use their two hours, but four-six Rangers shooting at the same time could easily kill most mobs if they could do 20-30k damage.

I think Shinryu has somewhere south of 70k HP too, which would mean you could do Shinyru without a brew by getting a Monk/White Mage pair to proc Blue and four Rangers to instakill Shinryu before he could start to absorb damage.

Edit: This could even be considered balanced by some definition probably, but I just want to make sure it is clear how powerful this could be. I'm not saying Ranger should or should not get this as a two hour, just stating some numbers.
    (0)
    Last edited by Economizer; 09-11-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast