Why doesn't the game tell us whenever a shield block or guard happens?

I've always wondered about this, and I think it would be nice to get it in the chat log. While sometimes it is obvious because your damage always gets cut to a certain amount, sometimes it isn't as easy to tell.

It would be nice if this could be implemented, but without adding another line in the log. It should ideally be on the same line, like when you get a resist-proc from a resist-something trait, or like counter attacks are shown.

Example:
    Shield block/guard! The Mandragora hits Mirage for 1 points of damage.

Or:
    The Mandragora's attack is guarded/blocked by Mirage. Mirage takes 1 points of damage.
    (5)

Would be nice to see this. I've always relied on the character animations and/or the reduced damage values, but it never hurts to have it in the chat log explicitly since both the other methods are subject to various other conditions that can make them unreliable.
    (0)

10 years ago Squaresoft was great. 10 years ago Hironobu Sakaguchi left Squaresoft. 10 years ago Square's profits were at an all time high. In the last 10 years their profits have done nothing but decline. Coincidence, I think not. Do yourself and the fans a favor SE, bring back Sakaguchi. Bring back the awesome you once had.

Character
    Mezzopiano
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    There are a few other oddities with the log too. Example: Drain only shows the amount you're healed by, not the damage it does. Back in the day, that started a rumor that if you cast it with full health, it doesn't deal damage.
    (0)
    Mezzopiano of Asura

~BLM90 SCH90 SMN90~

Character
    Kyrial
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezzopiano View Post
    There are a few other oddities with the log too. Example: Drain only shows the amount you're healed by, not the damage it does. Back in the day, that started a rumor that if you cast it with full health, it doesn't deal damage.
    I've heard that in the JP client, it actually shows the damage done, not the amount you were healed for.

That aside, I very much agree with the original post's idea: it would be a wonderful addition.
    (0)
    All Missions Complete
    Captain, Medal of Altana ∮∮∮∮
    Unique quests completed: 1063
    Records of Eminence completed: 801

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    PS2 limitation.