Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Spells that make use of Occult Acumen

was thinking for blms who dont use their TP meleeing we could get some spells that use the tp such as 100% / 200% / 300% to increase their dmg and upon use TP would be set back to 0 like for example if Meteor would be used at 0tp > 0 DMG... but used with 100tp > 1.5k DMG, 200tp > 3k DMG, 300tp > 5k DMG.

Due to the fact that it is relying on tp alone casting time should be fairly fast and recast time long.
    (0)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    The only problem with that is that any good BLM should be changing staves (either ele or magian) for each different element cast. If BLMs get meteor and it's dependent on TP, it'll be completely fail. Occult Acumen is pretty useless on BLM even if you're meleeing, because it's going to take you longer to cast spells to get the ~10tp you'd get from one connected non-zero melee swing.
    (0)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I like the idea^^
    (0)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Character
    Monkeynutz
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Occult Acumen gives so little tp that you have to spend 4,000 MP to get 100% TP (on BLM with Occult Accumen tier I). Anything that would otherwise be useful that relies on that in any way would be garbage. I could see it being useful immediately after an intense soothing light chest, but only then.
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    If Meteor requires TP for damage, there will be a lot of angry BLMs out there, including me.
    (3)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Multiple staffs, and only being able to use 1 TP wing every 15 minutes(?) outside of Abyssea, would make this a very bad thing to do.
    (1)

Character
    Yamoto
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    What if there were spells (or even applied to all spells?) that made use of tp for extra damage similar to SMN blood pacts? Did some quick mathing, going to try to explain this the best way I know how since it's already 6:30 am...

Tier of Occult Acumen determines TP gain from % of MP cost.
    So BLM90 with Occult Acumen I casts Bliz5 and gains 7.05TP.
    My idea, take the tier % of your current TP, and use that as bonus damage to spells. So 2.5% of 7.05% TP gives .0017625 bonus damage. So take final damage (or wherever you decide to put it in the equation) and multiply by 1+.0017625. It's a small bonus, ~7% damage increase @300TP, but that would make it unbroken I think. Keep casting same element spells (so you don't have to switch staffs) till you have 100+TP then cast another spell (of the same element...again for the staff) designed to use a larger part of your TP for extra damage that then resets TP.

Again, just an idea that was concocted at 3am...when I should be sleeping...
    (0)
    If at first you do not succeed, losing may be your only option.

Character
    Kimikiki
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Let's face it, Occult Acumen was not exactly SE's brightest move to give to BLM.
    (0)
    Kimiko - Siren
    /panic motion - http://www.panicmotion.net

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    If Dallas leveled BLM, he would totally want Occult Acumen.

I mean, if BLMs melee, that would mean double damage from both spells and physical damage. Who cares about 10%+ damage from spells with staves, you can nuke to your heart's content with Emp staff and get all your MP back with Myrkr and do 7.5% DoT damage under WARs.
    (0)

Character
    Schrute
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Occult Acumen is a great idea to give to blms. I am a career blm but the sole problem with Occult Acumen is that we blms, have a staff for every element. I know that this seems like a bad idea for giving this to blms, but if we had one staff to nuke in for all elements, IE Laevetin, I for see the blms dot damage being higher. I know that getting a mythic weapon right now is out of the question for almost every blm considering the time restraints and money factor but this is still fun to think about. I for one am in the process of obtaining the blm mythic for a chance at a one blm one staff deal.

Before I get on the wrong side of people who think this is a bad idea, I do agree with you, this job trait does not work for us. I have a kiting staff, magian trial staffs for all the elements, HQ staffs for binds gravity and burn, pluto's staff for sleeps and resting, and a scythe for aspir and drains. In the heat of battle that staff is going to change.

Those of us who want strive for the perfect blm, this ability is pretty cool as it opens up new ways of combat. And by perfect, I mean having a mythic weapon O-O... Who knows, maybe at lvl 99 they will combine all the elemental staves into one staff thus making this job trait pretty cool, even without a mythic.

A taru can dream
    (1)