Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Events - Annoying to Participate?

Well, in short, most of FFXI's events are based on the idea that a lot of people are participating.
    Over the years, less and less people participate in these events.
    Since the rewards are they same as last year, there's no reason to repeat the event if you've done it.
    There's never anyone else participating either, for those who want to do it.

An example would be the current Feast of Swords, it takes a VERY LONG TIME to actually finish killing an Armor. They have way too much HP to do it solo, and as I said, nobody else is participating because they either already finished or simply don't care for events. Plus, most events don't provide any actual entertainment to make anyone want to just come out and do it with me for no reason.

Just saying, you're making tons of other changes due to the lack of player interest in things that require groups outside of end-game, why do all the events still suck?
    I'd highly suggest making new events, remodeling old events, and giving out new rewards that are actually relevant. Or, you could take the lazy option and do things like giving the armors less HP.
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

I avoid all the events now except for Halloween which has some fun things to do and generally good rewards. Much as I love this game, the events leave me saying "oh no not again". I can't stand the fireworks and music around the 4th of July event, or maybe it's later, always have, always will. That dreadful music is even used at a certain point in Dynamis Tav, just made me shudder. The Christmas music in Jeuno is awesome though.

You are right, almost no-one does these events anymore and I agree, time for a revamp or get rid of them entirely.
    (1)

Character
    Misi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I love the events. Feast of swords isn't my favorite,but mainly because of what was mentioned about lack of participation. (it was awesome years ago when people wanted to do it, this is when we still had wooden katanas) I tried it solo a few times, and out of those times I only saw one other person, who gave up after they died and the armor ran off.

I like that it is in your native town area (and this one in other ones as well) but if it stays this low, I think it would be better off only being in one zone and having a moogle teleport the player to said zone so everyone has a chance to play it. and then maybe only 2 other zones so its not insanely easy if you don't want it to be.

Also, was there a new item this year? The picture made it look like maybe a Shinto robe was in question.. or a dradle looking firework? lol but with a lack of players wearing any new item i'd guess that's a no.
    (0)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    There's never anyone else participating either, for those who want to do it.
    Complete and utter waste of development time.
    (1)

Character
    Firebert
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I mainly do the event for new stable collars. Halloween just seems to be the easiest since mnks can go to town on the NM.
    (0)
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...