Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Nin are better tanks now?

Think back to endgame now and what it has become or what is endgame anymore to that. It seem with the major improvement to nin they have made vs the paladin upgrade. Do you think in the over all Nin rate high as a tank now. I know in my ls I'm in. I'm the only nin tank and I tank everything in the abyss. Over all even in dynamis I can take a hundred fist no problem because of the evasion being so high. The only thing so far I see is the magic casting Vs Utsusemi which is a waste of tool half the time if you vs a spell caster.
    (0)

Character
    Juxtaposition
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    No. MNK is the best tank right now.
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I'd say NIN is only second to MNK.
    (0)

MNK, then NIN, then maybe THF.
    (0)

Character
    Turdinator
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    NIN's new found tanking ability comes from the damage created by Atma's. Personally I use NIN/DNC more often (Unless I'm there for proc's), and I generally find Haste Samba outweighs Provoke in terms of hate generation, and of course a nice increase in DoT for me and other DD's.

Violent Flourish is of course useful too for the potential chance to Stun mobs, but alas there's a chance it will miss, but the chance is nice regardless.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtaposition View Post
    No. MNK is the best tank right now.
    Depends on what you're fighting.

I would only take a mnk tank over a nin tank if red !! was not needed, as mnk is on the short end of the stick in that department.

Don't need red? Mnk

Need red? Nin
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I've only seen nin and mnk tanks since I came back. Most prefer mnk over nin though because they can keep hate and have higher HP.
    (0)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    I want my PLD tank back!
    /rant
    (3)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Player
    you topic title is nin are better tanks now?

To answer that simple questiong i'd say yes they are better tanks now with things such as Yonin and the Blade: Hi if you can get a kannagi or even the WoE version and if you need to blink tank stuff and get af3+2 feet can have 5 and 4 shadows from ni ichi utsu. So yes they are better at tanking than they use to be. But even then blink tanking not hardly needed, just throw a mnk in there with his high hp and a whm can pretty much let the mnk face tank and spam cure V and VI on him and never run out of mp.

Now are they better than say a mnk tank in abyssea? Well i'd say depends. What do you need your tank to do. MNK is the choice of the majority for the tank in abyssea. Can ninja tank this stuff as well, sure, but you will see that majority of groups use a mnk to tank abyssea. PLD's rarely seen in abyssea event groups, they pretty much got stuck with coming slash /nin to the exp abyssea pts and hitting 90 then putting their gear in storage due to being told "we tank with monk so dont even bother coming PLD to todays event"
    (0)

Character
    Langly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Ninjas certainly have come into their own these days. I can't attribute it to one or two things, but the entirety of these updates have bolstered our damage dealing capabilities in ways we couldn't have imagined at level 75.

Ninjas, in my opinion, were always capable tanks. We were adept at mitigating damage and we were good at holding hate in a lot of situations. The player base felt the survivability of Red Mage and Paladin tanks were superior to that of Ninja, and they got most of the play time. Though I'm certain that could be a lengthy discussion in itself.

Today, we have atmas that boost our damage output along with another tier of Dual Wield we didn't have at level 75. We are now hitting much harder, faster! This is keeping the enemy glued to us due to the sheer hate gain through damage. Couple that with higher Evasion Skill from the level increase and Cruor buffs that up our HP totals to a point where we have a lofty damage cushion, and there's no reason to not use us for tanking.
    (0)
    Faule -- Quetz
    Langly -- Ninja land (it's a place don't look at me like that)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast