Well, Glad I Didn't have to continue all this jazz. You guys seem to have it covered. Will like to touch on one thing again.

If you don't feel the goal of an MMORPG, an Ever-Expanding Game that offers you new goals, New challenges, and new armor, Is to conquer all those challenges, Get all that gear, and experience all that they give you. What is it?

In my opinion, MMORPGs aren't just some lame excuse for a social interaction. They're an ever evolving game that offers serious players goals to obtain, new armor to look forward too. I understand there are some players who enjoy other aspects, but the core design of an MMO is gear, Challenge, and making yourself better. I'm sorry if thats not your opinion on it.

When i picked up FFXI literally back in the BEta stage of the game. The first thing i did was go kill things, then stare at how cool the Crystals looked in my Inventory, didn't even know what they were for. Just... Staring at the awesome Crystals.

Eventually Beta ended and i forgot about FFXI for about a year, Eventually i picked it up again though. Made my Own Character. I Can't recall the exact date, but i know i picked THF, Leaping Lizzy still dropped Leaping Boots, and Chains of Promathia wasn't even a teaser trailer.

I leveled like a nub, I was a THF/SMN at some point, had gimp armor, and was flat out terrible. But so was everyone. Despite that I came to enjoy the game a lot.

By the time i had a serious endgame job (lv75) i had a new goal, I was going to be the best F**king THF on the server, I'm still working on that goal, And i plan to accomplish it one day. So yeah, I enjoy the MMO idea because it keeps expanding my goals to be the best. I don't want to be the best because i want to stomp on noobs, I want to be the best because I feel its a goal i can obtain. Its something i want to do for no other reason than to say I did it.

My personal opinion is, Theres no reason to pay 12.95 a month without a goal for the game. If you want to interact with your friends in game, Get skype. Or go outside. MMOs are goal oriented/driven Games by nature. If you polled 100 MMO Players in FFXI, or any other game about what they want from logging in out of these 3 choices, Assuming they all "Enjoy the game" Equally.

1) Get gear, Be good at your job.
2) Talk with people.
3) explore.

You'd be looking at ... SURVEY SAYS

Get Gear: 96
Talk: 3
Explore: 1

I'm making this up, i thought it was pretty funny though. Point being. You can enjoy the game any way you want. But its a 2 way street. Don't act like those who play the game for gear and enjoy it are so much worse than you who play the game to play the game. We all enjoy things for different reason.