Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    mnk whm blm it's a trio, not a duo
    nin whm blm is grellow nearly guaranteed all week long /joy, and it saves inventory space
    (0)

Character
    Langly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    But you're touting 10 weapon skills that Ninja can perform spread across a lengthy amount of time.
    10 out of 59 possible blue weapon skills.

Whereas all of Monk's land in blunt time.
    And Monk can perform all but two. 16 possible weapon skills (17 if /WAR) out of 18.

The very nature of Ninja's blue procs widen the spectrum of when it can use them. Because Monk's procs are contained within Blunt, as long as you're hunting during Blunt they win.

mnk whm blm it's a trio, not a duo
    Yes you're right it's a duo. But I never said it wasn't a duo. You brought up NIN + BLM compared to MNK + WHM. Which isn't an adequate comparison. I was trying to illustrate that a MNK + WHM can have the exact same Grellow procs as a NIN + WHM.
    (1)
    Faule -- Quetz
    Langly -- Ninja land (it's a place don't look at me like that)

Player
    i've been told grellow can occur even as a sub, but to be honest i never saw it
    maybe it's just because i'm tanking EVERY nm
    and i really think mnk/nin cannot land kurayami and hojo, correct me if i'm wrong
    (0)

Player
    and i was also saying that a nin needs no whm to be kept alive, dunno if mnk + blm is a viable option
    (0)

Character
    Langly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Kurayami as a subjob can land. If you have trouble I've had no problem getting it to land as MNK/NIN COR/NIN PUP/NIN etc, with the use of Ascetic's Tonic (easily obtained in abyssea). As well as Grellow procs from the elemental Ninjutsu.

And I wouldn't be caught dead saying
    that a nin needs no whm to be kept alive
    I'm sure my WHM's would gladly let me die just to prove a point.

On lesser NM's the difficulty isn't high enough to warrant a WHM, sure. Or if you're /DNC your survivability also rises. Though I don't think I would go so far as to say that WHM's aren't necessary.
    (0)
    Faule -- Quetz
    Langly -- Ninja land (it's a place don't look at me like that)

Player
    a blm is usually more than enough, expecially if going /dnc
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    NIN + BLM vs MNK + WHM is a fair comparison in many situations. BLM is rarely adequate support for a MNK, but it is often adequate support for a NIN. So if you're intent on duoing, especially for AF3+2 items, then NIN is much better for this not only because of Ruby procs but also more Amber procs due to the conversion of a WHM to a BLM.

My team of friends is usually NIN WHM BLM. This is very efficient for nearly every activity in the game. If there is a situation where we want Azure procs, I simply switch to MNK after farming the pop set probably on NIN.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    NIN + BLM vs MNK + WHM is a fair comparison in many situations. BLM is rarely adequate support for a MNK, but it is often adequate support for a NIN. So if you're intent on duoing, especially for AF3+2 items, then NIN is much better for this not only because of Ruby procs but also more Amber procs due to the conversion of a WHM to a BLM.

My team of friends is usually NIN WHM BLM. This is very efficient for nearly every activity in the game. If there is a situation where we want Azure procs, I simply switch to MNK after farming the pop set probably on NIN.
    THAT is a good move
    (0)

Character
    Juxtaposition
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    Wow. There are a lot of bad players in this thread.

I want my PLD tank back!
    /rant
    If I wanted a melee to not hold hate and do no damage, I'd invite a PUP.

i usually duo with a blm, we proc yellow and red 90% of the times
    No, you proc grellow 62% of the time, or 42~54% of the time on Lightningday, Lightsday, or Darskday.

You proc red 69% of the time, 76% if you have the event polearm, but I'm willing to bet you don't.

...with stun and violent flourish i hardly take any dmg, hate reset is not an issue, just throw a hyoton san.
    WAIT, never mind, your red proc rate plummeted to 38%. Subbing DNC should be a last resort option only, and only, only, only if your other duo buddy is a WAR.

i actually found myself doing blue procs more often with a club or dagger than with my katana
    Great, the stars aligned and you managed to proc blue on Briareus which is completely worthless, save 10 seconds of Amnesia. For things that you are actively building popsets for blue trigger items, you are going to bring a MNK and a WHM during blunt o'clock. Don't spread your ignorance that NIN > MNK when it comes to blue procs.

i've been told grellow can occur even as a sub, but to be honest i never saw it
    maybe it's just because i'm tanking EVERY nm
    and i really think mnk/nin cannot land kurayami and hojo, correct me if i'm wrong
    You're wrong.

a blm is usually more than enough, expecially if going /dnc
    Don't gimp yourself by going /DNC. You are wasting everyone else's time by not proccing red and by killing slowly.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtaposition View Post
    epic post of win
    I was just about to say most of that! (`ヘ´)
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast