Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    NIN isn't a better tank. PLD is just a bad tank now and others are filling in the vacume.
    (0)

Ninja was always a good tank when you could DD tank things, which basically means anything in the T or weaker range as opposed to the VT-IT range. It just so happens that now, everything is weak, so DD tanking is the way to go.

Every job has their strengths too, monk has insane HP for instance. Stuff that would 1 shot your ninja, a monk would laugh at. But for mobs with hate reset a ninja will do better then a monk, because ninja can build enmity faster starting from nothing. Also a good ninja can avoid taking damage better then a monk, they have slow, blind, good evasion and more shadows.

In the end all this discussion is sort of pointless though, several jobs are good tanks now, what it really comes down to is the person playing the character, and what sort of gear sets/atmas/abyssites they have. Player skill and how much they have bothered to go out and accomplish/bothered to learn about game mechanics is what matters most now, not job. Give me a war or drk subbing sam with a full DR set/merit abyssites/etc over a pink monk with a twilight belt any day! (`ヘ´)
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Player
    really, maybe i had no good experience with mnk tanks, but i don't get all this excitement about it
    wow, you can go mnk + whm and duo wathever you want, the mnk keep blindly hitting and the whm spams cure, at the end of the fight you see no drops and go home happy!
    as a nin, i nealy never need a whm to cure me. i usually duo with a blm, we proc yellow and red 90% of the times, with stun and violent flourish i hardly take any dmg, hate reset is not an issue, just throw a hyoton san.
    i'm not underestimating mnks, but for low man situation in aby, i'd rather go with a multi purpose tank and a multi purpose healer, than with a big punching ball followed by an ambulance.

the problem is always the same, /nin? no provoke waltzes and so on
    /war or /dnc? no shadows
    u want both? NIN/DNC and DNC/NIN are the way to go

that said, i'm sure in particular situations MNK is unbeatable, but in abyssea nin and blm can duo nearly everything, and they get better drops
    (0)

Character
    Langly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Their boon is counterstance and perfect counter. Consider it like an unending supply of shadows for melee attacks.

Couple that with every blue proc during 22:00 to 7:00 and they will go home with drops. Red is a different story. It's where we as Ninjas shine.
    (0)
    Faule -- Quetz
    Langly -- Ninja land (it's a place don't look at me like that)

Player
    what about grellow?
    (0)

Character
    Langly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    What about it.
    (0)
    Faule -- Quetz

Player
    with a mnk and whm duo it will unlikely happen. nin + blm is a different planet
    i repeat, i'm sure mnk is a great choice for some kind of NMs, but for farming, i'd definitely go nin
    and i repeat again, no need for a huge hp pool when you're hardly taking dmg and what can oneshot you nets you a sweet 0 dmg
    as usual everything is situational, i just state that nin is a way more versatile choice
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The damage output of both NIN & MNK when contrasted to their damage mitigation properties towers above all other classes and are generally on par (in Abyssea, at least) for most of the fights in the game. The only difference between between the two, as it's been stated, is the type of procs you want for drops.

MNK => Azure procs
    NIN => Amber & Ruby procs

It's that simple, really.
    (0)

Character
    Langly
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by vajral View Post
    with a mnk and whm duo it will unlikely happen. nin + blm is a different planet
    i repeat, i'm sure mnk is a great choice for some kind of NMs, but for farming, i'd definitely go nin
    and i repeat again, no need for a huge hp pool when you're hardly taking dmg and what can oneshot you nets you a sweet 0 dmg
    as usual everything is situational, i just state that nin is a way more versatile choice
    You compare NIN + BLM to MNK + WHM. That's fairly inadequate.

MNK/NIN can cast the same Grellow spells as NIN/???.

So if you go to fight your enemy around lightsday/darksday, a very possible option, your MNK + WHM has just as good of a chance to proc yellow as your NIN + WHM.

Of course if either group brings a BLM, your Grellow chances are that much better. But in terms of proc'ing Grellow, MNK can achieve the same outcome as NIN. It's neither here nor there really.
    (1)
    Faule -- Quetz

Player
    hmmm i don't agree
    i actually found myself doing blue procs more often with a club or dagger than with my katana
    nin/war has access to
    club : 3 ws
    staff : 1ws
    Katana: 2 ws
    dagger 2 ws
    h2h: 1ws
    sword: 1ws

naturally 22-7 mnk is THE king of blu !!
    (0)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast