Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Don't lower the price of my crystals ):

I've only been playing for 2 months.

Crystals are the only things that sell with any sort of consistency, and for a decent price.

I'd have absolutely no money if it wasn't for Crystals. I buy out crystals when they're going for 600-800g a stack, and resell once they're going for 3-5k. Selling out my stock of Fire Crystals now for a 2400 profit, have about 12 stacks that need to be sold. (:
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    i love how everyones reason for being against that is simply so they can make more gill. No experenced player should rly need to rely on crystals as their income to being with. The only ppl that have a logical right to make that claim is guys like Todo. New players who actuly need stuff liek that.

But that can be counterd with a simple adjsutment. Every nation has repeatable starter quests that give gill as a reward. Soemthing noone excpet new players might do. Just adjust the reward of that to something actuly worth while for the new players, and that problem gone.

99% of all crystals are used by crafters. So they should be desigen to serve their needs. Its not like you wake up one day and say ima take that craft to 100, and by that night its done. It takes (most) months of work, if not longer. And a loss of unbeleiveable amounts of gill leveling. Its insulting to those long term FF players that put so much time and effort into their crafts only to dela with massive crystal shortages, and as a result, insainly high prices.

Adding some crystal drops to mobs is not that big of a request. And intill recently, the way its always been. So its not that big a change. Support your crafters!
    (0)

Character
    Fhernias
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarly View Post
    Exactly!

1. Get off your ass
    2. Farm
    3. ???
    4. Profit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephilipitou View Post
    Go kill elementals. Spend like 2-3 hours in places with a decent amount of crystals and you'll have more than you can handle. >_>
    The reality is that 5k ish is what stacks of crystals should be worth in the first place and they were higher priced like GERM said, then the crystals went down to like 500 gil per stock, specially wind crystals from all the colibri parties, and to give you a point that was because ToAU was the main focus point for players at the time. That was a golden era for crafters in that sense, because you could take advantage of such low prices, but then again not so good for new players.

I have Goldsmithing 100 with all subs 60 and Woodworking 100 on my mule, yet crystals is last on my list of complains, I have a mule with at least 10 stack of each different kind of crystal for rainy days when they're hard to find or whatever, I have many more mules that garden stuff for me so I can reduce my overall investment, like GERM said I'm cheap too. Now that's not to say that has to be your solution, but as a experienced player you claim to be, you should be more than capable to find ways to get your raw materials (to include crystals) and resources.

So once again:

Quote Originally Posted by Yarly View Post
    Exactly!

1. Get off your ass
    2. Farm
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

Classic South Park ^^
    (0)
    Last edited by Bustax; 03-13-2011 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Fixing errors

Character
    Katz
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 57
    Best way to get crystals is to go old style partying outside of Abyssea. If you supplied crystals in abyssea then the other area would definately have no reason to go. New players lower than level 30 and havent passed the maat fight yet need older players to help them out. If you are always stuck in Abyssea then they dont stand a chance. And yes, there are new people in the game, but you probably wont have found them cos you are stuck in Abyssea. There isnt any problems in farming elementals either. Plenty about if you go looking.
    (0)

Character
    Gravionblack
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Well i believe that i myself and so many others like GodofGods have seen very large amounts of gil go into crafting, whether it be for profit, for friends, or for ourselves. I do have to say that crystals are a great way for new players to get gil built up right now (i got my gil fishing moat carp when i started) and i have seen enough crystals go through through my gobbie bag then i care to try and keep track of, this is just my option but when i have the gil i hit the ah for my crystals. However when i want to make/save as much gil as i can i have sat in area's for 2 and 3 hrs waiting on weather. So it can go both way's i believe, unless your a power crafter then i see no problem with taking a little of time to farm the elemental's you need.
    (0)

As said earlier, cruor is more or less directly convertable into gil. Take some of those 5 billion cruor you've got and NPC some gear. There's your abyssea crystals.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bustax View Post
    I have a mule with at least 10 stack of each different kind of crystal for rainy days when they're hard to find or whatever
    I have 7 mules dedicated to storing my crystals. I miss the days where they were all full.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    Best way to get crystals is to go old style partying outside of Abyssea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    As said earlier, cruor is more or less directly convertable into gil. Take some of those 5 billion cruor you've got and NPC some gear. There's your abyssea crystals.
    I never said it was impossible to afford it. But rather the supply was maasively limited now. (prices are jsut a side effect of that) With only new ppl and a fewolder ppl doing subs, very few are reaching the AH. Not to mention the idiots who feel the price of crystals 'arnt worth their time' to put up on the AH. (hate them ppl)

While yes, cryatls can be specficly farmed form pts or ele's, the time involed can be illogical. Farming one or two stacks for crafting is one thing. But usaly when i craft, its across two days, and i run though a good 50 or so stacks of crystals. The time it would take to try and farm that many crystals independently would take longer then the entire crafting prossess. Their for not a loggical thing to do. So i buy off the AH, naturaly. And i have no problem paying a decent price to those that did collect them from their parties and put them on AH. However supply is still a problem irregaurdless. Their have been times I search every AH and they all had 2~5 stacks left, or flat out.. out of them entirly. For server wide thats a bit of an issue. And im jsut one person that cant get enough crystals. Their many other ppl on these servers that might need them as well. So i feel supply needs to be looked at. If not in abyssea then maybe up the amount that drop from normal mobs outside a fair bit. Something...
    (0)

Character
    Nephilipitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    The biggest problem is that people are buying the crystals at such a huge price. I've seen fire crystals go from 800-1200 at stack to see them get to 2000-3000 a stack and there were like 30-40 up at one time. That's not a supply issue right there. I've seen fire crystals sell for 200 a stack with there being only 200-300. I used to buy light crystals for 1k a stack.

The problem with the high crystal prices is not Abyssea. If you're able to get into Abyssea, Cruor is far more profitable NPCing than crafting is unless you're HQing stuff you bought for cheap.

If the prices are too high then NPC 1 piece of Teal, Aurore, or Perle gear and buy 1-4 stacks of crystals depending on your server, prices, etcetera. I have 400k gil so if I put the time and effort to go back and forth I could turn that into anywhere from 1-2 mil.

If your'e doing the Dominion Ops then you'll make even more cruor, and you'll make Dominion Ops which is like 150k = 700k

at 480 dominion Ops and like 1200 cruor per 5 kills, you end up with 240 cruor per kill at least, and like 100 dominion ops per kill.

you're basically making 560 gil per kill based off of Cruor-Gil exchange rate estimate of 3000 Cruor being 7k gil on average. You're then making another 466 gil per kill off of Dominion Ops for the same ratio. So by meriting jobs for the hell of it you can literally make 1k per kill at absolute highest efficiency I can calculate for. Even if you're only doing half of that, you're still much more likely to make more gil than farming anything else I can think of and that's a per person rate.

Or you could go and do BCNMs and make 500k-1mil on a good day per run you do.

But at the end of the day the ones that have the biggest right to complain are the people leveling BLM and scholar and want Tier IVs for procing lights because if we don't have them we can't proc as often as we should, and it costs 1 mil to get all the tier IVs. Which I'm going to bite the bullet and buy. And farming them is not easy at all otherwise I would have done it by now but it requires high level NMs one of which I've already killed half a dozen times for testimonies, and the drop rate just isn't that good.

Plus we also have those elemental staves to buy which is another mil if you get all the HQs. Unless you spend a ton of time farming you're spending millions just to get your seals to drop more frequently. So... ya... um... sorry if I find it hard to sympathize with you about the whole crystals being over priced thing. It helps the lower level players, and higher level players can afford it. We don't need crystals to drop simultaneously with everything else. We're already making like 1k gil per kill if done correctly and killing multiple times per minute. That doesn't even include Cruor chests.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I would love to see crystals drop in abyssea but I think I'm in the minority on that.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast