HQ Crafting upgrade

An idea I've had for a while regarding crafting was a solution to how on certain items, the normal quality versions are sold at a massive loss because everyone is trying to HQ and the HQ versions sell for obscene amounts because of how hard it is to accomplish.

My solution is to have secondary recipes for items with an HQ version where you add the normal quality version as an ingredient. This new recipe would have a much greater chance to HQ but failure would cause the loss of all ingredients used. Hopefully this would make crafting more viable for making money and make saving up for a HQ item much more feasible.
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    The only reason HQ versions of items sell for obscene amounts of gil is because we the players will buy it at a high price. The only way that price is going to come down is if everyone puts their foot down and refuses to buy the HQ items for any more than x amount.
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Teakwood
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    The entire point of Shadotter's post was to suggest a way to increase the supply for HQ items. Supply increases and demand stays the same -> price will go down.
    (0)

*nods* that and part of the reason the prices are so high is because so many non hq synths have to be made first.
    (0)