Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    SE just needs to give Rangers and Corsairs unlimited ammo so they can stop complaining about how they have to invest time, gil, or effort in being good at their job.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Lisotte
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    SE just needs to give Rangers and Corsairs unlimited ammo so they can stop complaining about how they have to invest time, gil, or effort in being good at their job.
    Oh yeah that makes perfect sense. Time, gil and effort should be invested but there's a reasonable amount; why penalise someone for playing cor as their first job instead of a cheap job like mnk? The only extra effort involved in playing cor is making money to pay for bullets, and that is completely, utterly unrelated to actually playing cor.
    (0)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisotte View Post
    The only extra effort involved in playing cor is making money to pay for bullets, and that is completely, utterly unrelated to actually playing cor.
    Incorrect: Ammo is directly related to playing any ammo class. Corsairs, Rangers, Thieves and Ninjas (in previous FF's , FFXI isn't too nice to NIN throwing) all have to consider ammunition as part of the gameplay. Corsair should be no different.

Ammo is they key ingredient to ranged attack classes. Forcing CORs (or any ranged class) to buy/maintain ammo is not a penalty, but rather part of the job.

In reference to the previous remarks about Abyssea, you could always do Cruor burns (as opposed to EXP burns) to convert the Cruor into Gil to by the ammo that you use ... it's almost like the job pays itself.

Then again, most CORs and RNGs have not taken too much time to craft their own ammunition, which in turn makes ammo appear to be more of a cost than it needs to be.

Also of note, changing ammo does not reset TP. So you can always use a cheaper ammunition until you WS; an advange over melee in that regard.
    (1)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    My original complaint in this thread was not that I need to pay gil in order to shoot bullets when I play corsair. The complaint was that I pay more gil per bullet than rng, yet do less damage per bullet than rng.

edit: Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention the direction cor gear/abilities was taking at the time (af3 and triple shot). It's all about shooting bullets more frequently, not about doing more damage per bullet.
    (1)
    Last edited by Yinnyth; 05-08-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    My original complaint in this thread was not that I need to pay gil in order to shoot bullets when I play corsair. The complaint was that I pay more gil per bullet than rng, yet do less damage per bullet than rng.
    While also being able to grant some exceptional buffs to party members, which RNG is not able to do.

The sacrifice of "less damage for more abiltiies" was intended since COR was introduced due to the role of a COR in a party; although the DMG output on COR has been improved since then. I do not see a problem with the current "damage per bullet per gil" issue as a result of the other, unique abilities COR is able to bring to the table.
    (1)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'm ok with cor doing less damage than rng. I'm ok with cor not having access to stronger bullets. That's reasonable. I'm not ok with weaker bullets costing more than stronger bullets.
    (3)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yin,

I hear what you're saying, but if your argument is about the AH, that's a playerbase issue, not a job-related issue.

I would suggest that you can always synth your own munitions if you want to be economical about it; the only "problem" with the suggestion is, that as posters below us said, "time = money", so if they have to do -anything-, they consider it an unnecessarily expensive undertaking.

Of course, in theory, you could craft ammo and sell off some of your stock at the already unfairly high price to make some Gil... but again, crafting is undesireable by some because it takes time.

To be honest, I have no desire to level up any crafting skills, which is somewhat related to my desire to not play an ammo-based job. They're expensive over time in general regardless of the appropriateness of cost-per-shot. Not "unfairly expensive" in my opinion; but enough that I'd rather invest in gear for my primary job(s).
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I do craft my own bullets, and I do sell off my overstock because there is currently profit to be made on orichalcum bullets. However, it is not completely a player issue. Substances ingame have varying amounts of rarity. If I were to go to the extreme, let's pretend that RNGs got their ultimate bullets made out of insect wings (extremely common, extremely easy to farm), and CORs got their ultimate bullets made out of ninurta's sashes (extremely uncommon, extremely hard to farm). That was the situation back when I made my OP.

Oberon bullets were the best bullets for COR at the time. Oberon gold only came from campaign, only from certain zones, and even then it was like a 1/3 chance drop off each kill. Oberon's gold was substantially more expensive than silver, substantially harder to get a hold of, and the bullets were only a fraction of the power.

SINCE THEN, however... things have changed a bit. Adaman is the new ultimate RNG bullet, Orichalcum is the new ultimate COR bullet. Orichalcum is substantially less expensive than adaman (I think because it drops in abyssea chests). So nowadays, my original complaint is a little bit harder to argue. I'd need to find some way to compare bullet prices and power to arrow prices and damage since arrows are what rngs use anyways.

Overall, I'm just happy I don't have to worry about oberons anymore, so yeah, not really a problem for me anymore. Unless we face a world-wide orichalcum shortage...
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    COR's should be put on Silver and Adaman bullets, it's retarded that their not. Same with THF + xbow / bolt and SAM + bow / arrow, both those jobs get access to some of the newer WS natively yet both have crap selection since 75.

None of the above would hold be able to beat a properly built RNG/WAR, but at least make them viable.
    (1)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6