Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Hopefully something will be done about ammo. At leasy we recieved confirmation that the info had been passed onto the Dev team, which is better than being completely ignored.
    (0)

Character
    Symbiote
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 95
    Ok guys, really. You all need to stop complaining about the prices of bullets. 5-10k a stack is not a bad price. If you don't like it, go level Alchemy and make your own.

We get Quick Draw which burns a card instead of a bullet. This alone makes up for it in terms of damage. The TP gain is also better for those 2 shots.

You guys also cry and complain about the types of bullets we get? Let us all be honest for a moment. Yes, the bullet type will increase your Quick Draw damage but do we really need it?
    I am still working on getting a few better pieces of gear (example: Novio to replace Moldavite), but I am in no way gimp. I still manage to pull off 1-1.5k damage on Quick Draw. 3k+ if I equip my +2 and the set activates (which isn't worth it since it is rare).
    As for weapon skills, the bullet shouldn't matter since any self respecting COR has leaden salute and any hardcore COR has Wildfire. Bronze bullets work fine here. If you are still using Detonator or (ugh..) Slug shot, go get your Nyzul weapon.

So, basically, this entire thread was made by you guys to boast your laziness and unwillingness to level alchemy/go farm for gil in the form of crying to SE for new/cheaper bullets? There seems to be some flaw in the logic there. Go burn some cruor/dom notes and sell the gear off to npcs for 7k a pop. 1 piece of gear/weapon = 1 stack of bullets. Or use said gil to level alchemy.

Problem solved.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Symbiote View Post
    Ok guys, really. You all need to stop complaining about the prices of bullets. 5-10k a stack is not a bad price. If you don't like it, go level Alchemy and make your own.

We get Quick Draw which burns a card instead of a bullet. This alone makes up for it in terms of damage. The TP gain is also better for those 2 shots.

You guys also cry and complain about the types of bullets we get? Let us all be honest for a moment. Yes, the bullet type will increase your Quick Draw damage but do we really need it?
    I am still working on getting a few better pieces of gear (example: Novio to replace Moldavite), but I am in no way gimp. I still manage to pull off 1-1.5k damage on Quick Draw. 3k+ if I equip my +2 and the set activates (which isn't worth it since it is rare).
    As for weapon skills, the bullet shouldn't matter since any self respecting COR has leaden salute and any hardcore COR has Wildfire. Bronze bullets work fine here. If you are still using Detonator or (ugh..) Slug shot, go get your Nyzul weapon.

So, basically, this entire thread was made by you guys to boast your laziness and unwillingness to level alchemy/go farm for gil in the form of crying to SE for new/cheaper bullets? There seems to be some flaw in the logic there. Go burn some cruor/dom notes and sell the gear off to npcs for 7k a pop. 1 piece of gear/weapon = 1 stack of bullets. Or use said gil to level alchemy.

Problem solved.
    First off QD cards aren't free. 35-100 gil per shot. Second 5-10k per stack bullets only apply to Bronze which only applies to LS/WF which only applies to certain situations (inside Abyssea with WoE or Empyrean gun). Outside Abyssea or without Empyrean, slugshot is still our best WS and requires Oberon's to be maximized. Try finding those bullets for 5-10k per stack.

Yes a hardcore COR has WF. But many lifetime COR's, myself included still don't have an Empyrean due to things like scheduling conflicts, playtime, LS issues, etc. Should a non-Empyrean COR have to suffer extra costs? Of course this goes back to the whole concept of should only elitists be allowed to play FFXI? One shouldn't be required to have the best of best equipment to play the job. No job should require a relic/mythic/empyrean just to be decent.

The best bullet for COR is too expensive. QD cards are too expensive. If they are really trying to make things accessible, lower the price. Why should there be such a big cost associated with a job that's barely ever wanted?
    (1)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Symbiote
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 95
    Actually, cards are free. Craft them with alchemy (which you should do to also make bullets). If you're TPing with anything other than bronze bullets without alchemy or a ton of gil, then yeah.. I'll leave it up to you to figure out what I would say.

It is in no way hard to get Leaden Salute. You don't absolutely need Wildfire. I'm pretty sure there are a few CORs on your server that have the Runic Key. If you don't have the Quicksilver, ask them to run it once for you. 100% drop on the gun if a COR opens Nyzul for you.

Not sure what "extra costs" you are truely referring to. All I see are excuses.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I don't find the cost excessive if I did I wouldn't bother playing the job. Are they high? Sure. Are they Higher than RNG? Sure. If all I cared about was Cost I'd stick to a job that doesn't use consumable items aside from food.

Actually, cards are free. Craft them with alchemy (which you should do to also make bullets). If you're TPing with anything other than bronze bullets without alchemy or a ton of gil, then yeah.. I'll leave it up to you to figure out what I would say.
    Why do people still think this is true, nothing is free unless it shows up in your DB without you doing anything at all.

Farming supplies takes time, crafting takes time, bundling (assuming you're making a lot) takes time. All that time could have been spent getting gil so in the end they still cause you to lose gil. The only difference is you spent no actual gil when you craft them assuming you farmed all supplies needed.

It is in no way hard to get Leaden Salute. You don't absolutely need Wildfire. I'm pretty sure there are a few CORs on your server that have the Runic Key. If you don't have the Quicksilver, ask them to run it once for you. 100% drop on the gun if a COR opens Nyzul for you.
    Leaden Salute will never beat Slugshot outside of Abyssea assuming you're using the correct bullet for Slugshot.
    (1)

Character
    Symbiote
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 95
    When I say "free", I speak of not costing any gil to create the item. Do not act like a smart ass with pulling the "you spend your time" card. If you're going to attempt to troll a discussion, I suggest you go to the samurai or general discussion forums.

As for Leaden Salute not doing more than Slug Shot outside of Abyssea. I had no problem at 75 doing more with it at Colibri camps, back in the ToAU/WotG days. I see no reason that Slug Shot would immediately jump to the front of the pack without any major mechanics changes. Hell, even Detonator does more than Slug Shot outside abyssea. Granted that you are properly geared and not full timing that pink trash gear.
    (0)

Character
    Solbadgirl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    When I say "free", I speak of not costing any gil to create the item. Do not act like a smart ass with pulling the "you spend your time" card. If you're going to attempt to troll a discussion, I suggest you go to the samurai or general discussion forums.
    Time=money, how does that make him a smartass? It irritates me to no end when people tell me empyrean weapons are free.

"Everything's free in aby you just need lots of time!!!!"
    (2)

Character
    Symbiote
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by DebbieGibson View Post
    Time=money, how does that make him a smartass? It irritates me to no end when people tell me empyrean weapons are free.

"Everything's free in aby you just need lots of time!!!!"
    Are you blind? Seriously. Read the first sentence of my previous post.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    As for Leaden Salute not doing more than Slug Shot outside of Abyssea. I had no problem at 75 doing more with it at Colibri camps, back in the ToAU/WotG days. I see no reason that Slug Shot would immediately jump to the front of the pack without any major mechanics changes. Hell, even Detonator does more than Slug Shot outside abyssea. Granted that you are properly geared and not full timing that pink trash gear.
    How the hell did you get Leaden Salute to pull off 900-1.2k at 75? You did say Colibri Camp after all which favors Slugshot even more....

Are you blind? Seriously. Read the first sentence of my previous post.
    Say you spent 3 hours time farming/crafting and made 10,000 cards in that time (I'd be impressed if you could get that amount in 3 hours tbh). A value of 480,000 gil if you would have bought from an NPC.

In a 2 hour Cruor PT you should have made 150-300k Cruor (at least). I'm accounting for 1 hour spent getting NPCable items and NPCing them. So you would have made 375-750k.

How can you not see this as being a real argument? Farming and Crafting take time, time which can be used to make gil, whether you want to accept that fact or not has nothing to do with it being true.
    (1)

Character
    Symbiote
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 95
    Yes, I was often able to do approximately 1k Leaden Salute. Slug Shot could do the same, give or take a little bit. However, I was often required to use food, which would get eaten by colibri. This would tend to have me favor Leaden Salute.

This also isn't an argument about making money. This is about me telling people that they shouldn't be complaining about bullet choices. They are complaining about how Oberon's bullet is their best option. So I will explain it again.
    Quick Draw: Anything higher than Oberon's, at this point, would break the job and would require SE to intervene. We don't want them to start tweaking the job just because people don't want to craft/farm for ammo.
    Leaden Salute/Wildfire: Use Bronze bullets. This choice is obvious.
    Slug Shot/Detonator: Sure, the choice is either Steel or Oberon's for this and maybe the prices are a little high ball. This does not mean in any way that you couldn't take the money you make and spend it leveling Alchemy/Synergy and making your own.

This is and always has been my point. If you don't like the prices, craft. If you don't feel the bullets fit the DMG ratio for QD and such, reevaluate your understanding of the games mechanics.
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast