I am sure SqEnix has thought about this but in case they haven't I wanted to put a concern about this concept.
When it comes to augmented gear you can't sell, trade or anything with the gear short of NPC buying it. If this is the case in the future update is everyone going to have to synth their own gear and to increase the rate of +1 or +2 will have to start synthing this way. Now personally I have spent some time building by crafting skill as is and by doing this I was under the impression I could be content with the skills ive built and rely on that for the rest of my FFXI life now if I have to work on another craft and spend more time and gil doing this (espcially at the cost of restocking furnaces) I will be upset when I know people that have a fairly high synergy craft. This seems to be another way to have synergists obtain gil but at the same time this will cause more problems with people wanting to camp HNM and other mobs that will drop these things causing more frustration at trying to obtain an item yourself.
So when implamenting this concept if you allow a person to sell something they augment you may want to look into revising pop conditions or pop time of mobs so you don't have 15 people trying to cap an item for 3 days so 1 person can get 1 drop and the other 14 will do the same and only more people will clutter the zone.
On the latter if a person can't trade or bazaar an item then this will require once again crafting time and everyone who wants to procure a +1 or +2 will be flooding the market with items causing a lot of under cutting and frustration trying to get things to sell because they are not popular items. The limit on synergy recipes will be the determining factor on how what people will skill up with.
Yes this is a hypothetical situation as of yet but I see this daily on big skill up items such as arrows in wood working for example. The market will go from 40k a stack of quivered arrows down to 20k (which is practically break even price if not under)
this is just an example and I know it varies from server to server but it seems to be a pretty good concern trying to get 4 stacks of quivered items sold without being underbid constantly by people just bridging a gap..