Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Enfeebles

New Enfeebles

Time for rdm to get some more of the status ailments.

lemme see some

Plague

and some

Amnesia

And some Accuracy down; atk down; def down
    (0)

Character
    Vinedrius
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    Accuracy down; atk down; def down
    tell me what Blind, Bio and Dia spells are for............................... /sigh
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    No, kill RDM being the Enfeebling job, it's dumb. 90% of mobs resist them, and we have no spells that are our own except merits, WHM will be getting ADDLE soon.
    (1)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    Time for rdm to get some more of the status ailments.

lemme see some

Plague

and some

Amnesia

And some Accuracy down; atk down; def down
    hmm plague could be a good one, but amnesia idk, it would make fights very boring if u stack, paralyze,amnesia,plague,silence,slow on the mob.
    well i love challenges

Edit: as pre poster said, we already have acc (blind) ,def (dia) ,att (bio) ,eva (gravity) down
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    90% of mobs resist them
    Wat.
    Paralyze lands on almost everything in abyssea. Slow lands on the majority. Addle lands on damn near everything.
    Just because you can't land your spells doesn't mean the mobs resist them.
    (1)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    (Wind : Black Magic) Confuse: Target temporarily loses access to some spells and TP maneuvers.
    INT check determines how many of each are blocked. Lasts up to 3 minutes.

(Water : White Magic) Inhibit: Reduces the power of a target's TP maneuvers and increases their ready time. TP gain is also lessened.
    10-25% reductions for power and time based on a MND check. -Store TP and Subtle Blow+ for players would also vary. Lasts up to 3 minutes.

(Fire : Black Magic) Muddle: Reduces the target's Magic Attack and INT.
    Variable between 10-30 MATK and 15-30 INT based on INT check. Lasts up to 3 minutes.

(Thunder : White Magic) Shatter: Reduces the target's Magic Defense and MND.
    Variable between 10-30 MDEF and 15-30 MND based on MND check. Lasts up to 3 minutes.

(Dark : Black Magic) Spellbind: Reduces target's Magic Evasion and Magic Accuracy.
    Variable between 15-30 based on INT checks. Lasts up to 3 minutes.

(Light : Black Magic) Regress: Reduces the target's level.
    How many levels will depend on the INT difference, but this would mainly reduce all stats by the amount the players might gain through their own leveling and possibly weakening the strength of job traits if, say, the level down would take a mob from Evasion Bonus IV to III. EXP gain or skill up checks would stay at the mob's default level. Does not wear if landed, but can not be overwritten, either.

(Wind : White Magic) Panic: Target is compelled to run around in a panicked state while losing stamina.
    Target will run around randomly in a 15 yalm radius at varying speeds from the point they're inflicted with the spell, losing 1% HP for every tick they're running. They will not attack or cast in this state, but taking damage from anything other than the spell's effect will bring them back to their senses. Can last up to 60 seconds.

(Earth : Black Magic) Bog: Target is knocked back with slight earth damage and their movement speed and evasion is encumbered.
    Distance knocked back can be 5-20 yalms. Movement speed reduction can be 10-30% and Evasion -10-20. Damage should be somewhere between Stone II and III. Additional effects can last up to 45 seconds.

(Light : White Magic) Emanate: MP costs of spells cast by the target is distributed to party members and further deducted from the target's MP pool.
    For example, if a mob casts a 300 MP spell, a percentage of 10-50% of that cost would be given variably to each party member in range (~15 yalms) resulting in a 180-900 MP loss for a party of 6 on top of the 300 spent to cast the spell. Lasts 2 minutes or 10% of the mob's Max MP.

(Dark : Black Magic) Pain: Physical damage done is reflected upon the target while reducing its ATK by that amount.
    INT-based spell that reflects 10-25% of damage a mob does in attack back to it. If a hit does 300 damage, its next swing will be performed with -300 ATK, changing to -150 for the next round if that's how much it did as a result of that, and so on for the duration of the effect, up to 3 minutes.

(Non-Elemental : Black Magic) Ensanguine: Inflicts a powerful DoT that slows a mob's attack speed the lower its HP gets.
    Thinking roughly 20-30 a tick with the slow effect being 1/3 the percentage of HP lost. So, a mob with 30% HP left would have a 23% slow. This would stack with other slow sources like Slow II and Elegy. Spell would last up to 120 seconds.

I'll stop for now. Things like Plague are also a bit of a given.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Wat.
    Paralyze lands on almost everything in abyssea. Slow lands on the majority. Addle lands on damn near everything.
    Just because you can't land your spells doesn't mean the mobs resist them.
    Addle is about the only thing that you said that was true in that.

I shall also add anything actually potentially a challenge resists, low level NM's are not worth mentioning.
    (0)

Frankly I don't think adding a new slew of spells would help RDM any, lord knows I don't need even MORE spells to cast every 30 seconds. I'd rather SE tried to tweak what we already have making it more viable and useful even if it means uncapping or upping the potential potency of spells, I think that would be a fair tradeoff considering many new mobs have increased resistance/immunity to many enfeebles. Not to mention it would be easier to fix rather than coming up with new spells/traits every update.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    My spelldump was kind of in the vein of SE just saying, "Screw it, you're gonna be the master enfeebler, have a ball!" No, you won't need all of them on every mob, but some would be exceptionally useful on harder targets. I still think our merit spells should be changed to learned with the merits then becoming potency/accuracy buffs that'd apply to all versions, but that's just me trying to be sensible.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Devrom View Post
    tell me what Blind, Bio and Dia spells are for............................... /faff
    Oh so the icon from blind is the same icon as the accuracy down icon? wait THEY ARENT!

They might do the same or similar things but they are not the same thing.

Bio Dia and Blind all have their own icons. Im talking about spells that use the acc down, def down, and atk down icons.

And before you say something dumb like "why would we want that when we already have a way to lower acc def and atk?"
    Let me explain that different icons means they stack together.
    (1)
    Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 05-07-2011 at 04:47 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast