Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94

Trial of the Magians Suggestions

I know that you guys at SE have it hard with this as is, but can you add something that would include a global BP- for staves?

I don't need the perp cost down to have free avatars with the gear I have. But in order to get the benifits of BP-10 for all avatars, I would have to make 8 staves to level 90, which is not really worth the time investment for a job that I mainly solo a lot. I was wondering if you can do what you did with TP+100 trials and include this for pet owners, including but not limited to SMN.

Like Reward Recast Time down or Wyvern Breath +% damage/recovery, maybe Automation WS+ for PUPs. Something useful for other pet jobs out there.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    It sounds inconvenient, but there's already enough gear to cap Blood Pact delay without using staves. And since Blood Pact delay is calculated before the actual damage/effect of the Blood Pact, so equip Blood Pact delay reduction gear and Enmity- gear, then use the ability, then equip gear that enhances the effect (Avatar Attack/Accuracy, Skill, etc.).
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    It sounds inconvenient, but there's already enough gear to cap Blood Pact delay without using staves. And since Blood Pact delay is calculated before the actual damage/effect of the Blood Pact, so equip Blood Pact delay reduction gear and Enmity- gear, then use the ability, then equip gear that enhances the effect (Avatar Attack/Accuracy, Skill, etc.).
    Yes, but I want my BP-10 without having to change my Emp+2 gear so I can get 45 second BPs with my set bonus included.

If they didn't add the "X element affinity: Blood Pact -10" to the level 90 staves, I would go right now and make one real quick.

For some reason, the calculation for set bonus happens at the same time as BP- gear, so you can either have one or the other, not both.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpg View Post
    For some reason, the calculation for set bonus happens at the same time as BP- gear, so you can either have one or the other, not both.
    Really? That's pretty weird, since MP consumption doesn't happen until the Blood Pact goes off. I didn't know that. In that case, I wouldn't mind it either, although I'd still prefer a general Perpetuation Cost reduction staff (that isn't Nirvana).
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Really? That's pretty weird, since MP consumption doesn't happen until the Blood Pact goes off. I didn't know that. In that case, I wouldn't mind it either, although I'd still prefer a general Perpetuation Cost reduction staff (that isn't Nirvana).
    I have not noticed any set procs when I bring my BP reduction set with me, but the times I don't, I notice it happen rarely. I doubt it would be just bad luck because I generally bring my set with me almost all the time, but when I'm fishing in zones that require a BP, to conserve space, I don't bring the extra set with me. But I'm able to keep my avatars out for free, so it will only cost me a convert and a couple of cures.
    (0)

Ummm, they have one already....

Nirvana(85)

complain all you want, that's the whole point to a nirvana. If you're that focused on not switching staffs, then you know what you have to do.

[edit] probably takes a shorter time to get/upgrade it too than to do all of the other ele staffs.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanova View Post
    Ummm, they have one already....

Nirvana(85)

complain all you want, that's the whole point to a nirvana. If you're that focused on not switching staffs, then you know what you have to do.

[edit] probably takes a shorter time to get/upgrade it too than to do all of the other ele staffs.
    It seems you misread every post in here.
    (0)
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

oh fail, that's what I get for posting first thing in the morning!

[edit] for keeping the bonus you can still get to -9 at least though with these:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Caller%27s_Earring = -1

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Fay_Crozier = -5 (gotta spam to get)

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Tiresias%27_Cape = -3

probably missing something but I'm still waking up.
    (0)
    Last edited by Romanova; 05-08-2011 at 01:55 AM.