Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Secondplanet View Post
    I do not mean to pick on those who shed blood sweat and tears to get their gear title's or status in the game but to look down on other players since some endgame players think they are above them isn't right, that is why relic and mythic etc.. carries such bad reputation with them. If there wasn't as many corrupt or greedy LS's out there for these very items they would still have the prestige title that comes with them but alas they don't, when most players see a relic item they think back on how they were stepped on to get someone else theres and automatically resentment sets in.

Its just like the matt cap, back in the day it was a sign of great worth but now its nothing more then a worthless object due to abyssea allowing any/everyone to get all jobs maxed out in a week. I love the trial weapons since they have given me the ability to get a good - perp cost as smn and why should that kind of awesomeness be reserved for only those with the mythic staff for smn?

I would show great respect for anyone able to finish a relic but with the sea of greedy/selfish/backstabbing people out there trying to get theirs its hard to distinguish between those who deserve them and those who took them.
    at 75 ele staffs, B staff was good, magin was good if you put the time in it but ele staffs was a good start.

I do understand where people are comming from secondplanet, I know it exists. Its painful to see that there is people that view everyone like that.

At 75 a lot of relic gear was good so Bahamut's comment was out of line, and hopfully after me mathing it out you understand why it is upsetting for him to make a statment like he did.

I do understand waiting to take the concept out so people are not encourage to use people in such a way. I made a post about how people abuse people in other ways as well, getting relics is not the only form of people abuse.

I had someone harass me on my BLU to run down to get someones yellow trigger, all they said was hurry hurry ( i was trying to be nice I said yes before they where in harass mode) I asked if i could lot PLD as i was running down there without an answer, I get there and I was kicked out of the party for lotting PLD.

A problem in this game of people abuse is not relics, but SE not having polices to let GMs do things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofy View Post
    Wow...really?

You may have some people figured out...but that is not everyone. I never sponsored a dynamis run, never even considered buying gil to finish. Ive always found myself as one of the more outgoing people to play FFXI

Remarks like these only lead to showing how butthurt you really are that you could never finish a relic.

When they released Empryean, I was 90% done with Annihilator, wasn't about to stop. And for the record, I didn't spend almost 2 years and 170mil to have a 2nd rate weapon..especially one out done by two weeks of what lazy people call "hard work"
    170 MIL?!?!?! wth gun is one of the cheapest ones

i shouted for 10 for shells and 12 for bronze, and people bought byne for 4/5k

2 years ago I am not sure if that was the point of 7k/8k ea, but ti was close to the peroid of being cheapest.

2008 sih is when i seen them at the cheapist rate.

when and how much did you buy each for?

But I am the same boat as you, I could sold all my currecy I had on me for 120 M before going though with it, but i went to get my bow anyway in hoping SE would fix them, plus I do not know what I would do with 120 M, donoate it to people that are in hand me stuff mode? pay people to get emp weapons?
    It was a goal I had for 6 years so I finished it ( serious work didnt really start till about 5 years ago ,saving money and buying and selling coins as i seen fit)
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-16-2011 at 09:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Hoofoopoopoo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Bynes: 5-6k
    Shells: 10-12k
    Bronze 14-16k, usually the latter...

Regardless, Doing relics/mythics takes a lot of discipline. As many times as I wanted to walk away, Then just to finish to find out you've completed a second rate weapon to something that can be done in a week..sigh
    (0)

Character
    Nattack
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    relic Weapon Skills need to be repaired, most of all, i believe.

the cost/reward ratio has always been a bit sketchy, except for things like Mandau and Apocalypse.
    (0)
    You can't even hold it.

Character
    Henihhi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    How exactly were people used and abused as a lot claimed? Most people got relic af drops that came and the person that forked over the gil for the glass got the currency. Noone asked you to go, most people went because they still needed relic af. And the person working on relic bought the glass, thus giving you a chance at said relic af. I don't even have a relic but my god you people with this hand me all drops attitude make my head hurt.
    (0)
    A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. Here is a game most of you can handle.

http://www.notdoppler.com/superpressspacetowinactionrpg2009.php

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoofy View Post
    Bynes: 5-6k
    Shells: 10-12k
    Bronze 14-16k, usually the latter...

Regardless, Doing relics/mythics takes a lot of discipline. As many times as I wanted to walk away, Then just to finish to find out you've completed a second rate weapon to something that can be done in a week..sigh
    yeah 14-16k would hurt since its your 4th dang /confort.

I would love the order to be relic>mythic emp. but a lot of fixing needs to achive that

casting damage needs a relic ( mages are not melee lol claustrum)

Quote Originally Posted by Nattack View Post
    relic Weapon Skills need to be repaired, most of all, i believe.

the cost/reward ratio has always been a bit sketchy, except for things like Mandau and Apocalypse.
    relics are easer to fix then mythics in my opion, relics just need the WS stronger ( at 75 most of the ws was weak anyway)

problems of mythics:
    mythics need a level 3 skillchain protperty

mythics like brd dagger, rdm sword, BLM staff needs more use then being macros.

PLD sword needs to pad PLD's damage a bit

SCH staff needs to be upgraded from useless

RNG mythic needs to be upgraded from useless ( hint trueflight is not a good ws)

DRK needs relic and mythic to be upreagred form useless. ( effect of ws and ws damage is bad for both)

COR gun: WS needs fixing

MNK mythic ( dont know pad ws to out do emp i guess/ better after effect)

THF ( affter effect/ WS issue)

SAM: different enchancement, maybe hasso, seigan, change affer effects, better ws

NIN: augement Yonin/Innin, better ws, better after effect

DRG: ( this looks decent actally, maybe better after effect, increase drakesbane damage when used by ryunohige)

BLU, PUP, DNC pretty much the same, better ws and after effect.

some other ways of changing relics/ mythics, allow a quest to gain acess to emp ws and let emp ws trigger the aftermaths

some mythic ws are bad I don't know if they are worth changing but giving them acess to the emp ws.
    If SE wants mythics to be stuck on thier mythic ws , the mythic ws under mythic weapon needs to be a lot better, and granted a level 3 property.

some mythics have good ws like drakesbane so might be easier to fix.

like to see mythics fixed so its more of every 20 emps i see, i see 5 relics and 1 mythic

and that mythic tends to be SMN staff or WHM club.
    (0)
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Character
    Cenzlo
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Sama View Post
    As title said, SE needs to rethink what they have done and going to do with relic weapon.

Relic is the hardest piece of weapon to obtain and now it turns out to be an laughable topic in game because its weapon skill damage is so weak that most relic owner would just use something else.

As a relic owner I'm terrified and very upset every time I log-on and wield my relic weapon, especially when an emp weapon can easily one-shot an IT aby mob...

Think about it SE, they way it is now it's definitely off balance. People with relic weapon (like me) lost trust in you.

Can you advise? Or at least tell us that this is the way you want relic to be or you will do something about it.
    LOL hardest piece of weapon.... try spamming glavoid pops and izapot or worse apedameks... but beside that ... Mythic is the hardest by far.... post 75 the relics become retarded... kill 1500 of this mob or 2k of that... for something that doesnt even compare in most cases to the emperions..... i do concur they should beef them up just so it would be worth doing for anyone that doesnt have one yet
    (0)

Character
    Newzarb
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenz View Post
    LOL hardest piece of weapon.... try spamming glavoid pops and izapot or worse apedameks... but beside that ... Mythic is the hardest by far.... post 75 the relics become retarded... kill 1500 of this mob or 2k of that... for something that doesnt even compare in most cases to the emperions..... i do concur they should beef them up just so it would be worth doing for anyone that doesnt have one yet
    If relics were so easy to obtain, why didn't we see everyone own one before empyrean weapons release? Both mythics and relics need a serious boost compared to empyreans.
    (0)
    http://pixies.guildwork.com/

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenz View Post
    I do not want to hear it, I had a LS mate doing dagger emp. now when you compare having to deal with glavoid or h2h emp compared to other emps, yeah its stupid that there is that imbalance in diffculty. That does not stop you from making an EXP pt, kill mobs with elemental ws, and getting the KIs from chests. I did that my self for my sword ( more of a soloable path but i suck at soloing for the most part, i hate it and like people interaction). Anyways after getting the KIs go pop the stupid thing and brew it and go back to collecting the kis from chests.

the 80-85 stage is all easy because they drop +2 item

85-90 can be brewed again, there is even small groups that would cour farm and go brew and collect KIs for eachother.

In otherwords emp weapons are SOLOABLE and FREE, it may take more time but there is no way in hell you can say that about mythics and relics.

your right about something yes relic trials are easier, I got to level 80 in 42 hrs. however It takes longer to get the base done, some people take a few months to get a relic, some a few years ( I took 5, I went though a lot of crap for mine). you have to wait around 10-11 days that is forced on you in waiting, in that time you can easly get an 85 emp done.

In theory mythics do sound harder, but if someone is going to tell me they have both and they find relic harder, most likey thats a server price issue or that he has a salavge farming group. I am not going to tell someone yeah your wrong that relics are harder then mythics even though your telling me that is not the case. I was in a salavge group for a bit, I said I just want alex, I do not want the gear and they all agreed and gave them to me.

Talking about this quote if your wondering:
    Quote Originally Posted by Michaeluk View Post
    It's jealousy, been a relic and a empy holder take it from me the relic was the harder to make and should be the number one weapon, half of these people posting against relics are just fools who would never get one and are just to damn lazy to work for the gil to get a relic, so they get easy mode emps and then demand they stay the best weapon.

I tell you something these so called casual players make me sick.
    (0)
    Last edited by Rambus; 03-17-2011 at 04:44 AM.

Player
    I have a solution, just lower the currency requirement for trash relic and mythic weapons down to about 30 million gil. That means 6k alexandrite, and about 4k(?) currency (7k with 3k refund). It's not like anyone will use the weapons anyway.
    (0)

Player
    Idk if they would seriously make an npc that sells currency...

it might be an easy , albeit less than satisfactory solution to fixing the alexandrite situation.

I feel they should just adjust the drop rates of currency to a more acceptable level that way people still have to do the event if they happen to want a relic / mythic for w/e reason.
    (0)

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast