Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pet Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Fabby View Post
    Gotta catch them all? lol

I personally don't mind the crafting of Jug pets, as I can craft the majority of them as well as farm the materials. I sell the extra and make a little gil on the side, so nothing wrong with this process. I can't right now say farm my own Dipper Lesser Chigoes for the jugs, but I am working on it. I cannot craft the high level alchemy or woodworking ones yet, but I am working on it. One day I will.

For me thats part of the fun.
    If you are a crafter then Obviously u wont like this idea. You make money of the Monopoly u hold on pet prices. Doesnt change that monopolies are bad for the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I say no to the pet shop, I wont EVER pay 10k for a single Dancing Herbal Broth. And you all know that the NPC prices will be even more outrageous then that.
    Just look at universal ninja tools...
    Who says the prices are gunna be unreasonable? 13,500 gil-15000 gil for 99 universal tools seems like a decent deal to me. Its definately better than 30,000- 50,000 gil for 12 pet cookies.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 03-12-2011 at 05:10 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    If you are a crafter then Obviously u wont like this idea. You make money of the Monopoly u hold on pet prices. Doesnt change that monopolies are bad for the economy.
    You have an opinion, how nice for you. I'm a crafter becuase I needed to make money in this game to afford things, DUH.

I hold a monopoly?! Fellow BST, I simply supply the demand. I make profit because people are paying for it, because that's the price they've been paying for it.

Don't like it? Tough cookie's buddy boy. Either learn to craft, or grab a cooking LS mate/firend with the cooking skill and provide them with the materials YOU FARM to make the jugs for you.

I call you lazy sir. This is why we can't have nice things. Good day!
    (2)

Player
    And another thing. Crafters are to blame for this "monopoly" scheme you thought of?

Son, why do you think I craft jugs in the first place? Because I'm a bloody BEASTMASTER!

Stop blaming your inability to learn the crafts, and farm the materials on others willing to do the work for you. Without us you wouldn't have the darn things. You should be grateful, but since you can't be... we'll take your gil instead.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabby View Post
    Gotta catch them all? lol

I personally don't mind the crafting of Jug pets, as I can craft the majority of them as well as farm the materials. I sell the extra and make a little gil on the side, so nothing wrong with this process. I can't right now say farm my own Dipper Lesser Chigoes for the jugs, but I am working on it. I cannot craft the high level alchemy or woodworking ones yet, but I am working on it. One day I will.

For me thats part of the fun.
    How comes? You can harvest the Lesser Chigoe in Grauberg (S).
    (0)

Player
    Ah yes, can harvest but extremely low output. Lower than the steal rate from Wild Karakul's, and chocobo digging. Working on chocobo digging and my wife is working on her THF! Hopefully we'll be grabbing them up with some type of regularity in the near future. And yeah, I would sell some of the extra's. Evil me, I know.
    (0)

You call me lazy because you don't know me. You might be able to farm and cook the pet supplies you need to live at your pace, but i blow through an insane amount of supplies a week. I have cooking leveled but if i stopped to craft what i needed id be crafting for a few days, and thats time i dont have. This thread isnt even about that. Its about bst getting what everyone else has. Angon NPC sells it. Automaton oils NPC sells it, Corsair cards NPC sells it, Universal tools NPC sells it. I still maintain that a NPC with endgame appropriate Cookies and jugs is both fair and needed. It helps to regulate crafting prices and ensures that a bstmaster always has the tools needed to actually play the job.
    (0)

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    ouch to a pet shop, if you do then my BeastyMart mule would be put out of business ^^

5k for Sheep and 13k for Zeta food
    (0)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

reserved for useless space filler

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    You call me lazy because you don't know me. You might be able to farm and cook the pet supplies you need to live at your pace, but i blow through an insane amount of supplies a week. I have cooking leveled but if i stopped to craft what i needed id be crafting for a few days, and thats time i dont have. This thread isnt even about that. Its about bst getting what everyone else has. Angon NPC sells it. Automaton oils NPC sells it, Corsair cards NPC sells it, Universal tools NPC sells it. I still maintain that a NPC with endgame appropriate Cookies and jugs is both fair and needed. It helps to regulate crafting prices and ensures that a bstmaster always has the tools needed to actually play the job.
    So, you can craft the stuff you need, but you choose not to because it's not worth your time... but buying them from the AH is evil, because of "price monopoly".

Yeah, you are lazy.

Look, I don't want to butt heads with a fellow beastmaster of a matter of opinions regarding how we choose to play this game. I'll just end this back and forth with you by saying, this "pet shop" idea will never happen. Ever. Never. Jugs will still need to be crafted, you will still need to craft them, buy them... whatever. And those that craft will profit from it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Fabby; 03-13-2011 at 05:39 AM.

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    If you would have asked me 1 year ago if we needed a jug shop, I would have said "DEFINITELY!!"

Today, nope. The recipes and prices for jugs are rather appropriate. I like the economy that exists. I"ve farmed every single new jug recipe. They are perfectly appropriate for a level 90 bst. shucks, we've got dipper. Farming for our jugs once a week is not hard at all, and you can make a killing doing it.
    (0)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Heres the difference between me and you. I am introducing an idea from the perspective of whats good for the majority and you are responding with "it's no problem for me i just craft what i need." i find your response self-centered and your insults distasteful.

Personally, I have 0 problems with gil. It's incredibly ignorant to call me lazy because i would rather spend 4 hours making 2-4 mil doing exciting things that actually feel like playing the game, instead of 4 hours of boring farming and crafting for insuffecient supplies and or chump change. But there are a LOT of bstmasters who lack the gil to blow on some of the more outrageously priced jugs. And not everyone wants to have to craft all there stuff or be beholden to crafters for their everyday JOB ABILITY needs.

But we can even ignore the crafting part. There is other points to focus on. For instance, some of the pet supplies are never even for sale ever. Mole broths and the 99 stack pet foods are difficult to find for sale on the AH. ur answer is "just go craft them!" but as i said b4 not everyone enjoys crafting.
    Being understocked is incredibly disruptive to playtime for non-crafters.

and lastly, again its only FAIR. Every job has an NPC. Except beastmaster.

P.S. Just because someone doesnt find crafting fun, doesnt mean they are lazy, or should lose all their money, or should go without valuable items needed to play their job. Ive seriously had more fun playing facebook games than i have had crafting.
    (0)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast