Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Character
    Niyariko
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    SE doesn't seems to care, they are working to release on their next lolMMO.

The AI has been broken since day one on pup release, if they thought this was an issue, they could have fixed it years ago, they gave us new attachments, new WS, even new head and frames without going thru the trouble to fix the AI or even say anything about it... orz
    (0)
    recently returned player

Character
    Draconious
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Niyariko View Post
    SE doesn't seems to care, they are working to release on their next lolMMO.

The AI has been broken since day one on pup release, if they thought this was an issue, they could have fixed it years ago, they gave us new attachments, new WS, even new head and frames without going thru the trouble to fix the AI or even say anything about it... orz
    This is really the reason we can't just let the issue die off without a response. It really has been broken for too long!
    (0)

Character
    Azureyes
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Hmm. Seems this little fella got lost on page 3...

Anyway, I'll agree that improving of the automaton AI should be a high priority since I'm pretty sure the general consensus would agree that it does not function the way it should. Having split timers for "Cure" and "-na" spells is certainly my favored suggestion, but I think I would like to see it taken a step further and applied to all variants of the Stormwaker puppet. Like it was also mentioned how spells such as Drain and Aspir can be an annoyance when using Spiritreaver. What if those types of spells were also split from the usual nuking cycle? Not so much of a problem then. Full Stormwaker has the most complex variety of spell types so it could take a bit more thinking to figure out how to split that one, but as a general rule I would say that Cure and -na spells should never occupy the same space without Cure being given proper priority. (Edit: Though, looking back I remember that Stormwaker itself doesn't have -na spells anyway.)
    (1)
    Last edited by Blueyes; 09-06-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lushipur View Post
    thing is, scanner (attach or built is) should see if a mob is immune/absorb or triggered by a spell and avoid it.
    i'm pretty sure scanner doesn't tell the automaton when a mob will absorb a spell. i tried using blm with scanner at JoL and she healed him a lot. i had to give up and swap to rng puppet.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dohati View Post
    i'm pretty sure scanner doesn't tell the automaton when a mob will absorb a spell. i tried using blm with scanner at JoL and she healed him a lot. i had to give up and swap to rng puppet.
    The keyword here is should. If a mob has 50% resistance to all elements except one, and that element is absorbed instead, the maton will happily do it's best to cure the mob as best it can. Even though a 50% resisted nuke is preferable over a negative damage nuke...
    I could understand if the default scanner of the automaton could not make the difference, but when you slap on a Scanner attachment, on Spiritreaver no less, it should use expected damage rather then expected resistance.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    With the new announcements of PUP changes, it looks like it's possible the devs actually did consider the player feedback in this thread. If so, a gigantic THANK YOU for addressing these concerns.

Most of us understand implementing these changes does take time, but the important part is getting it right... and it looks like the newly announced PUP adjustments heading to the testing server do address the big issues.
    (0)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11