Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zenairis
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Possible Hasso and Seigan spell cast/recast adjustments.

I've wanted the Dev Team to consider removing the spell casting time and spell recast time increase on both Hasso and Seigan. This will also help other job's like Dark Knights who use Samurai as a sub job that cast often where Seigan and Hasso both limit it's spell cast and recast times severely.

Feel free to comment I want other opinions on this as well.
    (0)
    Former Toren of Fairy

Utsu down? NP, seigan up.
    (0)

Character
    Zenairis
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I believe it would help Samurai's survivability when Ninja is subbed (without constantly have to drop Seigan or Hasso to cast), as well as amend the fact Dark Knight has to drop Seigan or Hasso every time they want to cast.
    (0)
    Former Toren of Fairy

drk/sam is perhaps the only situation where I think the recast timer increase is unfair. However, with the new update, they no longer need to be in hasso mode to cap ja haste anyway. Unless they ninja nerf desperate blows.

The recast increase was added exactly because SE thought it would be imba to have basically a third utsu that could be activated instantly with 0 cast time, on top of normal utsu timers.
    (0)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    When using Samurai as a support job, I wouldn't mind removing the Magic casting/recasting penalty.
    Although when maining Samurai, yeah. I can't really see it happening, no offense or anything. Would just mean Samurai can be on par with survivability as maybe a Ninja? Samurai has an A- in Parrying and a B+ in Evasion, with the proper gear, I think Samurai would actually end up outlasting a Ninja then with the Spellcasting/Recasting penalties removed.

I don't play Samurai alot, but I play it enough to understand that Seigan-Third eye alone can be very gimp or very awesome at random, lol. But without the Spellcastin penalties...then yeah, Seigan-Third eye will last long enough to get shadows back up for most cases.

The thought is good still, don't get me wrong, but I would only consider it for Samurai sub.
    (0)

Character
    Jacs
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    It seems a little strange to modify a job so that a sub works better with it.
    (0)

Character
    Karumac
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The entire point of this restriction is to keep Mages from /SAM to Seigan+TE for protection since they tend to be holding staves anyways. So removing it on subjob just kinda defeats the entire point.
    (0)
    "I Trick Attacked some guy. He's dead now."

Character
    Jacs
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    The only person I would believe about the intention of the cast time delay is a developer. No halfway smart mage would /SAM anyways, as Utsusemi offers way more in survivability than SE+TE. Its all just an issue of balance.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Karumac View Post
    The entire point of this restriction is to keep Mages from /SAM to Seigan+TE for protection since they tend to be holding staves anyways. So removing it on subjob just kinda defeats the entire point.
    Yeah, somehow i doubt that, seeing as /nin has no such restriction for mages that want even better protection.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The recast restrictions are pretty obviously designed to not turn SAM/NIN into "Damage Mitigation Master X." Dark Knight just gets hit with the crossfire and explodes in a burst of emo glory.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast