Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Opto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 68
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkalinehoe View Post
    Not quite, Crit Rate from Atmas cap at 50% (Using Gnarled Horn and RR atmas for example, will give you 50%).
    No, the kid who posted that was wrong.
    see thread here:
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...5254632&page=1
    (0)

Character
    Neptuna
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Still finishing up Bukhis here, but Atma of the Scorpion Queen is intriguing to me. As with everything, depends on the situation and how active in the fight you will be (ex if you're there for blue !! regain would be better probably). But the crit hit rate 10% is a decrease compared to Gnarled Horn, but the +20 store tp when subbing SAM makes for a very easy 4 hit.

I'll be interested to try it out in situations where im actively engaged on the mob
    (0)

I use RR drifter and vv. Mainly sub war but if low on healing i sub nin.

sylvan head +2, vulcans staff, rose strap, hope torque clearview earring, volley earring, sylvan body +2 sylvan hands +2, bellona's ring, jalzahn ring, terebellum mantle, impulse belt, sylvan legs +2 sylvan feet +2 for tp.

Ws sylvan head +2, vulcan's staff, rose trap, light gorget, hollow earring, clearview earring, loki's, hachiryu hands, bellona's ring, rajas ring, vigilance mantle +1, light belt, byakko's haidate, scout socks +1.

This same set up is good for my coronach also on average ws is very high around 5k-8k have done very few 10k+ but think that was double damage aftermath.
    (0)

I always go Gnarled horn, Razed Ruins and Stout Arm. Those crits are crucial for Jishnu's Radiance. For WS macro the only thing I do different than everyone else are my head and waist slots. I use Shunten Hachimaki and Light belt for the conserve TP. I know they probably aren't the best for immediate damage returns but I like getting 40sh tp back on weaponskills.

I'm disappointed by Gandiva's aftermath though. I struggle to get more than 3 shots off in that 30 second time frame and unless you have barrage or double shot up you aren't going to maintain a WS->WS aftermath. It also seems to have the same activation rate as other weapons making it largely useless for X-hit builds with conserve TP.

I'm actually inclined to work for a Kraken Club now since Jishnu's Radiance burns through ammo faster than when I used Condor. I played with one a few days ago and it was pretty incredible.
    (0)
    Dear Customer,
    We have determined that the post you made was in violation of the User Agreement policies. The post was edited or deleted accordingly.
    Original Post:
    Signature states "JP ONRY" in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeyliea View Post
    My understanding is that the maximum you can increase your crit rate and damage by is 50% each - through gear or atma's
    You're Mistaken. It's as Alkaline says: Critical Hit damage caps at 50%, Critical Hit rate does not. Critical Hit rate probably caps at 95%, though that's just a guess.
    You would be much better using Gnarled Horn over Sanguine Scythe.

My KC tp set is haste

Brisk mask
    peacock charm
    dex/str earrings
    taranis harness
    dusk gloves
    rajas / keen ring
    cuch mantle
    bullwhip belt
    byakko's
    aurore feet
    Why use Chuchulain's Mantle and Brisk Mask? Store TP is not worth specifically gearing for concidering the amount of TP overflow you get when using KC, and Sharpeye Mantle has more Accuracy than Cuchulain's. Swap Brisk for Turban (untill Zelus) and Cuch for Sharpeye.
    (0)

Character
    Keade
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    Just after some advice, this thread has been helpful with sorting my Jishnu's setup out.
    My set is as follows

Vulkan's Staff
    Uther's Gripe
    Anwig Salade (Ws acc / Crit hit rate Aug)
    Light Gorget
    Clearview Earring (need to replace with a Dex earring)
    Volley Earring (same as above)
    Loki's Kaftan
    Sylvan Glovettes +2 (working on some Hachiyru gloves)
    Rajas Ring
    Thunder Ring
    Vigilance Mantle +1
    Light Belt
    Byakko's Haidate
    Lithe Boots

My main query is to find out if using Light Gorget/Belt is my best option, or if i should replace them slots with more Dex/Str/Rng Atk, im a bit useless with the maths. My set isnt perfect but working on it as i go along. Any advice would be appreciated \o/
    Thanks!
    Keade
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    With recent update making +Crit damage cap at 100%, the combination of RR SS again becomes nice. Also something that needs to be factored is the base crit chance of JR. Some WS's have a low chance while others have a high chance and one has a guaranteed chance. Ascetics Fury for example has something like 50% or more chance at criting and True Strike has a 100% chance of criting. If JR has a 50% base then RR + GH would + merits + gear + dDex would be almost wasting an atma.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2