Character
    Angelios
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90

Specific Salvage Change {Can I have it?)

Personally I love Salvage, one of the most fun things to do in game for me. I have to give my kudos to you SE for upping the drop rate, it has made salvage alot of fun. There is only one issue I have, my hang up is Bhaflau Remnants because you have to work hard for a chance at a chance. Nothing is more disappointed than sitting at the rampart for 40+ minutes and never seeing say Gate Widow once.

Moreover since less and less people are remotely interested in doing this activity I'm wondering if its time to lower the difficulty specifically on the parts that used to require a lot of people. For example: Without more than 3 people "defeating all 10 Archaic Gear before they warp away" on the 4th floor is nearly impossible (not even gonna mention the fact that pulling is hard and in my case I have to play 2 character on each salvage run I do) As much as I'd like Skadi Body it seems impossible in my low-man group .

But again, other than Bhaflau, I'm pretty happy with all the changes made to salvage thus far. Keep it up!
    (4)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by KigenAngelios View Post
    Personally I love Salvage, one of the most fun things to do in game for me. I have to give my kudos to you SE for upping the drop rate, it has made salvage alot of fun. There is only one issue I have, my hang up is Bhaflau Remnants because you have to work hard for a chance at a chance. Nothing is more disappointed than sitting at the rampart for 40+ minutes and never seeing say Gate Widow once.

Moreover since less and less people are remotely interested in doing this activity I'm wondering if its time to lower the difficulty specifically on the parts that used to require a lot of people. For example: Without more than 3 people "defeating all 10 Archaic Gear before they warp away" on the 4th floor is nearly impossible (not even gonna mention the fact that pulling is hard and in my case I have to play 2 character on each salvage run I do) As much as I'd like Skadi Body it seems impossible in my low-man group .

But again, other than Bhaflau, I'm pretty happy with all the changes made to salvage thus far. Keep it up!
    Minimum entry is 3 people, don't blame anyone than yourself if you go in solo with mules. Also, we do Salvage recently for fun and town gears with friends, and from what I remember, THF+MNK destroy any gears duo before warp, I don't even waste mp on nukes there, just haste and gogo! Maybe try upgrading your weapons/armor a bit more?
    If you're having too much trouble still, try applying principles of MMORPG to this and team up with someone / ask a friend to tag along maybe?
    Personally, at this point I don't see much point of doing Salvage, but as you said, these days it's easy and more fun. Just reconsider your strategy a bit. Good luck!
    (0)

Yeah, you're definitely wrong about the ten gears in Bhaflau being impossible with 3 people. Considering my Ukon WAR basically destroys them solo, so even entering tri-box with mules it's not difficult. I'd definitely consider upgrading your gear and weapons before complaining about their difficulty.

As for the ramparts... I've done Salvage nearly every day since they made the last adjustment, and I can vouch for what seems like an increased NM spawn rate on all ramparts. Sure, it's still totally random in that many runs you will not see a NM at all... but it definitely seems like my group has had more rampart NMs over the last six months than ever before. While I still agree the spawn condition should be more certain than random, it's also ok as it is now.

If any adjustment is to be made, they should just make at least one NM 100% spawn, and keep the drop rates as they are. I'll admit it really is frustrating to enter and never see a NM. At least the other zones might not drop, but you get the chance. Bhaflau occasionally prevents that chance.
    (0)
    Sovereign of Diabolos
    http://www.etherealls.com

Player
    they need to make salvage gear upgradable with trials. most of it is out classed and not worth the effort to get. and its sad i have bodies that i paid 20mil each for that sit in storage because they have no use
    (0)

Character
    Treasurehider
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I'm still working on obtaining Skadi Body myself. I also enjoy Salvage ... but man ... Skadi Body (lv 35 piece) is a royal pain to obtain. We can kill the gears without any problem. But trying to kill all 10 without having 1 warp away?! Especially with wind weather!!!

I'd put money down on the fact that it has got to be one of the toughest pieces to obtain from Salvage. Whenever I have go on the Bhaflau run, I'm normally pulling. My hands get all sweaty and I start swearing like a sailor as I look for the one opportune moment to pull my gear so that the others don't link!

Once I'm at 7/10 pulled and on my last room with 3 gears, I make a pull, link, the link warps away, and run over! So depressed and demoralized. It's things like that that make me despise this game so much.

A lot of work for a piece of gear that's fairly obsolete today.

Wish they'd change the way to obtain that particular piece to make a little (NOT ALOT) easier.

Granted been at about 95% success rate on killing 10/10 gears but 0% on seeing the stupid NM pop once inside the rampart.

Just skill and luck, BUT ANNOYING! Thank you for giving me Tourettes. /sigh
    (0)

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My group has gotten all the gears except maybe once where we had one warp on us mid fight (bastard used restoral just at the end of a fight) otherwise we haven't had much of a problem getting to all our ramparts. Mind you getting the actually ramparts to spit out the NMs themselves is another matter. I for one don't think Gate Widow exists personally

I agree, for gear that's fairly obsolete I wish these particular nms would spawn a hell of a lot more often and when they do make this gear improvable. I hope they don't make it through Synergy like sky gear. I'd rather do it through Magian trials personally. Good luck to you all, I'll be waiting for my Gate widow to spawn >.<
    (0)
    My other car is a summoner.

Player
    took me 2 years of doing salvage at least 3/4 times a week to get skadi body
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by KigenAngelios View Post
    Without more than 3 people "defeating all 10 Archaic Gear before they warp away" on the 4th floor is nearly impossible
    This was possible at 75 with 2xSAM systematically meditating and skillchaining and 1 rdm nuking. At 90 we have empyreal and they can double your damage output. The only problem is pulling. But 3 or 6 won't change this.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ffshoh View Post
    they need to make salvage gear upgradable with trials. most of it is out classed and not worth the effort to get. and its sad i have bodies that i paid 20mil each for that sit in storage because they have no use
    No they need to make it upgradable by adding new drops to salvage, possibly in new salvage areas that are turned in to Ghanraam to be upgraded. I for one am sick to death of everything for the last two years being a moogle telling you to go kill X number of mobs/ bring back X number of items and then firing his LAZOR at the item.

Either add new salvage areas with new drops that are used to improve the original items or add new NMs to existing zones with new pop conditions. But for the LOVE Of GOD enough with the $%@#ING MOOGLES.

And no, Synergy and random augments are not the answer. Sorry SE but you need to face the fact that people don't like Synergy. And ramming it down our throats won't change that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 05-17-2011 at 10:08 PM.