Thread: Last Names

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Last Names

I herd from a friend that FFXIV had implaminted last names, I haven't played XIV so I wasn't sure if it was true. If it is, dose SE plan on bringing it to FFXI? I can see as the game was first designed with a single name basis, that implaminting this system could potentualy bug out the AH system as well as a few other things. I only really ask because my whole family plays (-mom) and the only real thing linking us together is the family LS.
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I at first thought it was a nice feature, but turns out it's pretty inconvenient.

/tell name

is a lot easier than

/tell firstname lastname

And yes, I think there would be too many coding hickups to consider to make this efficient.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Really hated the firstname/lastname thing in XIV. It's cool to have a last name but like Arcon said it gets tricky trying to send tells since you need both names... especially if your spelling is bad or if your friend picks weird foreign sounding/spelled names. I guess if there had been a search function at that point it would have made that bearable since you could just /sea first 3 letters and then click on the name you wanted to tell.
    (0)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I didn't even think of the hole /tell thing, but I just really wanted to know if it was in fact a feature on FFXIV. Anywhoo, thanks for the super fast replys XD on a side note.. How do you post Signature pics?
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiichi View Post
    but I just really wanted to know if it was in fact a feature on FFXIV. Anywhoo,
    It is a feature in FFXIV. Their whole basis for it was a lot of FFXI players wanted to be able to use their same names if they switched games. However, as others said it ended up being a huge pain in the neck, and hopefully they'll figure out a way to get rid of it with all the fixes they're doing.

Because of that, I highly doubt they'd add them to FFXI.

As for pics go to edit your signature, and do [img]picturelink[/img]
    (0)

yeah, lots of ppl don't even like the whole first/last name thing in ffxiv. doubt they'd add that in ffxi
    (0)

Character
    Ildaron
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    On the other hand a lot of people do not like being xxMynamexx or Instead of Rain, Raine, Rainz, xxRainyxx, on the other odd spelling of a name.
    (0)