Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    That's fine. If you have no life outside FFXI then there's no reason for you to take me seriously. Believe what you like, and do whatever boosts your E-Peen. If you can't beat any other DD on THF vs birds though, that must make your E-Peen droop.
    Saying that "I Don't lead a LS or join one because i have a life" is why he isn't taking you seriously, or what he was judging it on.

The context of what you said, its sounds like you're saying "LoL anyone who runs a LS or joins a HNMLS has no life". Which is something only an ignorant child would say. because its classify multiple diverse people all in 1 little group.

Its also generally used by very gimp unintelligent people who use "Real life" as an excuse to remain mediocre. Tell you, For years of FFXI, I had a full time job, School, and a GF (I still have 2/3 of those!) and I learned the game and geared myself just fine. Real life has 0 to do with it.

If thats not what you meant to say, You just need to clarify, Cause i assume this could be a misunderstanding on his part.

--------------------

More on this Specific at hand topic, Is it purposefully suppose to be about level 75 colibri parties? Cause so much has changed since 75 anything about those kind of parties is obsolete and stupid information.

THF since 75 has gotten more Dual Wield, Much better gear (For instance, i Can sift comfortably @ ~20% Triple Attack rate outside of Abyssea, With capped Haste). We have Critical hit Damage+ Job traits and gear, making Evisceration more powerful a tool than it used to be, etc.

A lot has changed. Not the least of which is much higher DEX/AGI improving our SA and TA numbers.

Now, For my opinion on THF. Its a wonderful job, but seriously cram a sock in it if you think it doesn't need fixing. This job needs so many things done. Only people who think the job is find is jealous and or/butthurt people who think Treasure hunter is so awesomely over-the-top broken. Its not that great. sure its useful for just about everything, But its not an excuse to screw THFs out of other meaningful abilities.

First off, 80% of THF abilities are completely useless in Solo/Duo groups where THF is tank. SA, TA, Hide, Flee, Mug, Steal, Despoil, Collab, Conspirator, Accomp, and in most cases these days, Even Feint.

Despoil/Steal/Mug are completely useless anyway outside of making some small bits of gil, And even so they're all worthless on NMs in abyssea, as for some reason SE thought it would be cool to give THF another Steal ability that doesn't work on things you might actually want to debuff, NMs.

THF needs to be looked at and Re-evaluated. I've given my ideas in other threads, THF is a wonderful job, But it desperately needs a boost in the DD department. It doesn't need to be pushed to the point its out-damaging Ukon WARs point for point, But pushing it to where the gap is at least not as huge as it is now would be nice.

THF was meant to be a DD and a TH, SA and TA didn't happen on accident. I dont ask for much, But maybe some boosts that actually put THF on top of the Critical Hit Rate/DMG Food-chain again.

MNK got Impetus, Which is JA that should have went straight to THF. Acc, Critical Hit Rate? Sounds THF to me. Acc+Subtle Blow? THF doesnt even get native Subtle Blow. FK Conspirator I'm sorry.

On to my Suggestions
    ---------------------------------------------

*Job Traits
    -Give THF Critical Attack Bonus sooner and more than everyone else. They should be unique in something, Critical hit Rate and Damage should be it.

-Crit. Atk. Bonus I
    Level 15 THF
    -Crit. Atk. bonus II
    lv 35 THF
    -Crit. Atk. Bonus III
    lv 55 THF
    -Crit Atk. Bonus IV
    lv 75 THF
    -Crit. atk. Bonus V
    Lv. 85 THF
    -Crit. Atk. Bonus VI
    lv. 99 THF
    *(Bonus being Starting @ +5, +3 Each Trait, total of +20% Critical hit Damage at level 99)

Also, Give THF the Same thing with Critical hit Rate. +3% Each level, Up to level V though, For a Total of +15% Critical Hit Rate. 10/30/50/70/90 levels.

This will help THF tremendously. I mentioned this before but I'll do it again:

Give us a "Restraint" Like Ability for sneak attack and Trick Attack. Make it for Each hit landed, It increases the DEX or AGI mod for Sneak Attack/Trick Attack by 0.5, for a Maximum of +50% (meaning 100 hits to cap potency).

For Fairness Sake, Give us this ability at 91+. It is rather beef,

THF doesn't need to become the best broken DD Ever, But giving it boosts like this will shorten the gap.
    (2)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    No it's not. Because you are making assumptions regarding Babekeke's judgement based on things you don't know. Which is silly.
    Wrong, I made logical inferences on things I did know. I know that they think you can't lead a LS or be in a HNMLS without having a life, because they said so. I also know for a fact that that's wrong. So either they're lying or making groundless assumptions or looking for excuses for their own incompetence.

You must play with some really bad Thieves?
    You must play with some exceptionally bad DDs. I can parse my own THF versus my own WAR, and the gap is quite large. So if I suck, I'd suck on both jobs, but my WAR clearly wins. And my THF is better geared, some quite nice pieces I'm still missing for WAR, while my THF is almost ideal.

THF is not one of the better tanks outside of Abyssea now. THF duo with mage support is not tanking. Keeping hate of other melees on anything that needs a "Tank" outside of Abyssea is not something THF excells at. Particularly because you can't use SA/TA to tank, because our WS are comparatively garbage on tanked mobs without stacking and so is our relative DPS if we can't ride SA/TA timers.
    Tanking means keeping the mob focused on you well enough while other members in your party can perform their job to kill the mob. This includes lowman, and THF can even hold against other DDs, if they hold back (which is not really a new idea, DDs specifically did that, they even subbed /THF for TA, just so the one designated tank could hold hate) and possibly combined with strategic use of Accollaborator. Either way, it holds true for THF + Support duo as well.

Perhaps if you don't gear for them properly?
    Stack DEX for SA, AGI for TA, right? Hecatomb gear, right? Is that how you deal damage with these abilities? Think long and hard before you answer this.

I have no idea what I'm talking about so here's some random insults at you. So is your face. And yo mama.

Ah, there's the problem. You lack experience. That's ok, you're still young yet. Wisdom starts accumulate as you get older. It takes some longer than others, but you'll eventually experience different things and make less silly assumptions as you get older. One would hope anyway.
    You made four factually wrong statements in this post alone, and several insults to my person and my (and some innocent bystanders') intelligence. I couldn't care less what you say, you've proven repeatedly you have no idea. The irony is, this thread's idea wasn't even bad, it simply wasn't needed. No one attacked your idea, only the motivation behind it, because you said you can't land SA/TA, which is rather easy. Yet you still feel superior and are acting smug about your THF, where's the logic in that?

You're the same as kingfury, holding on to your ideas for dear life and not being able to deal with any kind of criticism other than petty insults. But instead of annoying people by saying "nuh uh, my friend" you just say "nuh uh, idiot" and think you're done with it.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You must play with some exceptionally bad DDs. I can parse my own THF versus my own WAR, and the gap is quite large. So if I suck, I'd suck on both jobs, but my WAR clearly wins. And my THF is better geared, some quite nice pieces I'm still missing for WAR, while my THF is almost ideal.
    Maybe if you hadn't merited Flee?

THF can even hold against other DDs, if they hold back (which is not really a new idea, DDs specifically did that, they even subbed /THF for TA, just so the one designated tank could hold hate)
    This is WHY THF is a bad tank outside of abyssea. Because it requires all your other DD's to hold back more than better "tanks" would. You could definitely form an entire group strategy around everyone holding back and more support, sure. That does not mean THF is one of the better tanks. Many jobs are better at it, with more useful abilities to do it.

Stack DEX for SA, AGI for TA, right? Hecatomb gear, right? Is that how you deal damage with these abilities? Think long and hard before you answer this.
    You didn't know? Its AGI for SA and DEX for TA .

To your point, some heca pieces actually have situational use for solo Sneak Attack (mainly on some boss fights etc when you couldn't melee full time and could just run in/out and SA/TA). But a good THF would not use them to SA DPS in.

I couldn't care less what you say, you've proven repeatedly you have no idea. The irony is, this thread's idea wasn't even bad, it simply wasn't needed.
    lol. I have no idea? THF is fine? Arcon. Dude. THF as a job, isn't "fine." If its fine for the way you play, thats cool for you man. I don't have it in me to argue with you any more. It's counterproductive to the thread, anyway.

I've actually tried really hard up to this point to be patient, respectful and nice to you. You haven't made that an easy task.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you think that's lol I'd be more than interested to see your "ZOMG I use 79 slots on THF full time!" Gear list, because mine is getting shorter and shorter as I add the new AF3 gear.
    If you insist.

1) Toolbags
    2) Echo Drops
    3) Twilight Dagger
    4) Triplus Dagger
    5) Rapidus Sax
    6) AGI Killa
    7) AGI Killa
    8) Auric Dagger
    9) Thief's Knife
    10) Threw Bomblet
    11) Xbow
    12) Acid Bolts
    13) Bloody Bolts
    14) AF3 Hat
    15) Aias Bonnet
    16) Optical Hat
    17) Denali Bonnet
    18) Darksteel Cap+1
    19) Love Torque
    20) Peacock Charm
    21) Arctier's Torque
    22) Torero Torque
    23) Tiercel Necklace
    24) Twilight Torque
    25) Suppanomimi
    26) Brutal Earring
    27) Raiders Earring
    28) Merman's Earring
    29) Merman's Earring
    30) Pixie Earring
    31) Ethreal Earring
    32) Novia Earring
    33) Af3 Body
    34) Scorpion Harness +1
    35) Lokis Kaftan
    36) Hecatomb Harness
    37) Pahluwan Khazagand
    38) Avalon Breastplate
    39) Darksteel Harness +1
    40) Ocelot Gloves
    41) AF3 Gloves
    42) Denali Gloves
    43) AF1+1 Gloves
    44) AF2 Gloves
    45) Epona's Ring
    46) Dex Ring
    47) Rajas ring
    48) Agi Ring
    49) Agi Ring
    50) Merman's Ring
    51) Merman's Ring
    52) Dark Ring (PDT)
    53) Dark Ring (PDT)
    54) Boxer's Mantle
    55) Nifty Mantle
    56) Atheling Mantle
    57) Sharpeye Mantle
    58) Libeccio Mantle
    59) Lamia Mantle +1
    60) Twilight Belt
    61) Warwolf Belt
    62) Crudelis Belt
    63) Scouter's Rope
    64) Aguinus Belt
    65) AF3 legs
    66) Ocelot Trousers
    67) Oily Trousers
    68) Tumbler Trunks
    69) Hecatomb Leggings
    70) Homam Gambieras
    71) AF3 feet
    72) Aurore Gaiters
    73) Trotters
    74) Hecatomb
    75) Shihei
    76) Monomi tools
    77) Tonko tools

Satchel:
    75) Blind Bolts
    76) Sleep Bolts
    77) Acid Quivers
    78) Bloody Quivers
    79) Blind Quivers
    80) Sleep Quivers
    81) Pizza+1
    82) Pizza+1
    83) Red Curry Buns
    84) Sushi
    85) Warp Cudgel
    86) Warp Cudgel
    87) Tavnazia Ring
    88) Nexus Cape
    89) Kurayami Tools
    90) Doton Tools
    91) Katon Tools
    92) Suiton Tools
    93) Huton Tools
    94) Hyoton Tools
    95) Raiton Tools
    (0)

Character
    Misfitdc
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I like thief just the way it is it makes me happy ^^

Good luck everybody and Have fun
    (0)
    Don't mess around just get a Warrior to do it!

Character
    Alaik
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    What? You don't have some powder boots Noodles? :P

But yeah, if you don't have 75+ slots on THF of what you're *using* you can't claim your macros are that intensive. Maybe for a WAR/SAM it would be, but not a THF.

EDIT: Wrong N name.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alaik; 06-07-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaik View Post
    What? You don't have some powder boots Nebo? :P
    Actually I do . But I wasn't a part of that conversation
    (0)

Character
    Alaik
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Yeah, all N names look alike. There, I said it.
    (0)

My bad, sorry I dont currently have powder boots actually. Back before everything was abyssea I used to carry 2 pairs everywhere. Although I only really used them on Ranger for claiming ixion. I also missed out AF1 feet for flee boost. That would put me at 78/98 slots.

Oh what, mr 60 inv thf doesn't think racc, mdt or pdt gear slots are worth perminent inv space? Acid Bolts proc on a lot of shit (especially old content like tiamat), and although eva is arguably more important than PDT, mobs still have physical AoE moves.

Oh and for the record, the above is what I'm aiming for with ideal gear. However without above ideal gear I may need 2 slots to make up for one of the above and one piece may cover something I dont have at all, and so my personal gear works out about the same. Sadly I've been out of the game for the last month or so, and so I am very behind (Although a cute Jp hostess was a fair trade for FFXI I think). Those DA/TA/Haste legs also deserve a mention.
    (0)

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11