Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Useless rolls

Player

Useless rolls

In an effort to slow down the ridiculous rate at which COR consumes my gil, I'd like to know if there are dice I can just avoid completely that never get used. I don't really see myself using the subtle blow roll in the near future.
    (0)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Pet related ones, I in 4 years of COR career, had never used a pet related roll once, really, never, i finf it useless, teh other ones depends on situations, ones are used more often than others but used, but pet roll never, I know this may vary between other CORs but imo puppet's, beast's and crachen's roll are useless.
    (0)

Player
    The pet rolls once upon a time had there uses when it came to some HNM where you used more pet jobs to attack the mob rather then strait up DDing it. When I use to do cerb and khim we would have a party or two of just smn with a cor. Right now really don't have to worry about the pet related ones.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    BST, PUP, DRG rolls you will most likely never use unless you have friends who really enjoy playing pet jobs. PLD roll is the laughing stock of every roll and has no situation in which it's useful. BRD roll --could-- be useful, but mages always prefer the other rolls anyways. NIN roll you could probably go a year without using, but if you play the game long enough, you're going to find yourself in a situation where the evasion might be exactly what someone wants. DNC roll is fairly weak, and most corsairs never use it... I pop it out when there's nothing going on for a while, but you could probably get away without having that one. BLU roll I've only ever seen used on AV way back in the day when we were still trying for a legit kill on him. MNK roll used to be useful, and still could be under the right circumstances, but no DD will ever ask for it by name because their pride won't allow them to, so you can probably skip that one too.

As far as the new rolls go, allies roll sucks, badly. It only boosts SC damage, and even if you roll XI on it with the AF3+2 gloves to enhance it, it's barely noticable, so you can definately get away skipping that one. Blitzers roll is worthless imo since it's weaker than most other forms of haste and it slows your TP gain to match the delay it cuts. Courser's roll will be useful if they ever do HNMs where a firing squad of RNGs lines up to kill it from a safe distance, but currently it's mostly without use. Though you might use it on yourself at the higher levels to help skillup your marksmanship. I think that's about all of them...
    (0)

Player
    Thanks for the replies guys. Was extremely iffy on PLD roll but I honestly doubt I'd ever use it, even in ballista. I'm surprised Blitzer's rolls is worthless but since it lowers delay I can see why.
    (0)

Blitzer's Roll really isn't useless, it's just far more situational than a standard Haste buff. You really should have it.
    (1)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I should have mentioned that there are people who feel blitzer's roll is useful, but I have yet to see the situation in which that occurs myself. Since it lowers TP gain, it'll kill any x-hit setups your DDs are using. Since it can't break the overall haste cap, it will have 0 effect on an all-out zerg for people who have SV marches, haste, full equip haste, and dualwield/martial-arts/hasso. Even though it lowers YOUR TP gain per swing, the monster you're hitting will get just as much TP from you as it would if you DIDN'T have blitzers roll on. Finally, on a jackpot roll of XI, it's ~12.1% delay reduction, which is weaker than victory march with a +2 to marches (bards can get +4 to marches now with gjallarhorn and AF3 gloves, pushing victory march up to 15.6% haste). Hell, jackpot roll on WAR roll with no WAR in the party is 18%. If you get the job bonus via hat or having a WAR in party, it's 24% (twice as powerful as blitzers, plus it can proc during WS, plus it doesn't decrease TP gain, plus it stacks even if you have maxed out haste).

Those are the downsides to blitzer's roll. Granted, I didn't take the effect of haste stacking into account, but that's because its my opinion you either have lots of haste and don't need blitzers because you're already so close to the cap, or you have almost no haste in which case blitzers will be poo. It is not useless, but it has a lot working against it, and I have yet to even think of the situation in which it would be useful over another roll. Well... maybe a party with 6 corsairs.
    (0)

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    If you never used bst and drg rolls there's something wrong. Of course they're situational, but if you don't have them when the time comes you're a bad corsair. Monk roll is situational as well, but there are times when it helps. Only rolls I really never used are gallant, allies, puppet and well courser cause it's not worth the slot imho. All other rolls are useful(well, choral probably only 0.1% chance to use it)but you should have them all(how can you say magus is useless when it can save your party's ass big time?)
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I use NIN and DNC rolls for soloing weakish stuff like the harder tier magian trial NMs. BLU roll is used quite frequently for tank party in abyssea. I like to put DNC and Tactician's roll on my party while idle or recovering from a wipe. Bolter's roll is a fun toy and great for claiming stuff, esp when stacked with movement speed and mazurka. The last time I used BST/PUP/DRG rolls was in the SMN party on odin and we stopped bringing a SMN party to Odin quite some time ago... I would not say they're worth getting if you're short on gil. If you could only pick 6 rolls I think your best bet would be SAM DRK WAR SMN BLM BLU but rolls are probably situational based on what role you're playing and I'm mostly a tank party COR.

Also as a RNG I prefer SAM + DRK to Courser's... I'd prefer to have variable bonuses that don't randomly change how often I can fire.
    (0)

Character
    Dais
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Pld roll is far and away the most useless roll. I wish I could get a refund on that die.
    The pet rolls have very obvious limitations but are good at what they do. Dnc roll and Sch roll seem to be rarely used but not bad. I have personally never used blitzer, allies, or courser's rolls even once. Courser's would be good if there was ever more than a single rng around tough.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast