Thread: Useless rolls

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anza View Post
    Part of the strategy is NOT interrupting the self-SCs, which add significant damage to the entire 2hr. This was common practice in Nyzul Isle back in 75cap days.
    Didn't Cerb, Khim, and Hydra all have massive magic defense? I thought the meikyo spam with wing was just powerful because SAM could unleash 7 WSs before the enemy got 1 off, and because sam was just stupid strong back then. Back when I used to do it with my static, our sam just used gekko 7 times- didn't even care about SC.
    (0)

Character
    Habiki
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Still not better than Wizard's/Warlock's. You're basing your argument on Scholar's beating Caster's, but I wouldn't use Caster's either for BLMs. In any situation Scholar's is good for (healer with refresh), Caster's is probably better.

Also, if you need MP (and with atma or /RDM, that may not even be a concern), Evoker's is generally more MP-efficient than Scholar's - it certainly is before factoring in BLM AF3 set effect, and even then would depend on the random nature of Conserve MP kicking in plus the rate at which the BLM is casting spells.

Evoker's/Caster's on a healer.
    Wizard's and either Warlock's/Evoker's on nukers.
    SCH roll has some utility, but not enough to ever be in the top 2 in any situation I find myself in.

I haven't had a single reason to use Scholar's since 75cap world, in lv64 to pre-merit level parties. After Evoker's, nothing else really did anything for a healer with refresh who wasn't resting. Evoker's/Scholar's on the healer, two melee rolls on the melees. Even once you hit 75 merits that went away - 1 melee roll, 1 mage roll, Corsair's roll for everyone.
    I agree with you on warlocks and wizards being better but i cant ever see using casters over scholars and thats what i replied to. Evokers is still useful outside abyssea but inside its pointless also scholars is probably better for a blm brewing rather then using warlocks evokers casters or wizards. Then again im not a blm just would think so since your capped on pretty much everything with a brew.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Habiki View Post
    I agree with you on warlocks and wizards being better but i cant ever see using casters over scholars and thats what i replied to. Evokers is still useful outside abyssea but inside its pointless also scholars is probably better for a blm brewing rather then using warlocks evokers casters or wizards. Then again im not a blm just would think so since your capped on pretty much everything with a brew.
    For mages, I've never actually given them anything more than evoker's (or wiz+warlock for blm). More recently, inside abyssea, I don't bother giving them rolls. Melee rolls, then focus on more Wildfires.
    (0)

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    By the way, I just ran into another situation where Allies Roll is useful. Primeval Brew. Chaos Roll is useless with capped attack, if you're not using a WS that can crit/DA (i.e. any magical WS), that eliminates those possibilities, Store TP and Regain are fairly irrelevant when you're already hitting 50tp/tick.

I brewed Rani on COR with Aeolian Edge - the only two rolls that help are Wizard's and Allies. Self SC with back to back AE (Evisceration -> AE is also a SC, can't recall which offhand). When you're busting out 15-20k WS, the SCs are also pretty beefy and the Allies Roll boost helps increase that big chunk of damage. Killed Rani from 80% in a little over a minute.

Yet again, very situational roll and maybe you don't find it worth 100k+. But not "useless" in the Gallant's roll tier.
    (0)

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    By the way, I just ran into another situation where Allies Roll is useful. Primeval Brew. Chaos Roll is useless with capped attack, if you're not using a WS that can crit/DA (i.e. any magical WS), that eliminates those possibilities, Store TP and Regain are fairly irrelevant when you're already hitting 50tp/tick.
    And yet another Allies Roll situation I stumbled into last night... KSNM99 The Hills are Alive. The common strat is to do skillchains to pop the turtle out of its shell, then have the mages nuke. Allies Roll is fantastic on your DDs for this.
    (0)

Scholars roll is great for blms since their set bonus is based off conserve mp, making it way better then caster's roll in the long run, who wouldn't want to do better dmg over having a shorter casting time and recast. All the rolls are dependant on whos in the party.
    I disagree, in Abyssea at least. BLM are largely there for Yellow proc. The faster they can get those spells off the better. IF you are nulled, you want your recast time down as well. If I'm in the magic proc party as COR, its Casters and Evokers until proc then Wizards/Evokers. SCH roll is definitely second tier with Healers roll these days. Might be worth it with Brewing, but wth the massive refresh of Brew, I think the Wizards/Warlocks combination would just as easily get the job done.
    (1)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4