Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    ^ What was the example with the tags/stones?
    (0)

Character
    Arisingchicken
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 60
    They said they couldn't make assault tags work like traverser stones.
    (0)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekoda View Post
    Over the years, there's nothing I've wanted to see more in FFXI than the ability to transfer a character from one account to another. At the very least, the ability to "separate" a character from an account (to create a new account) would be welcomed as well. I feel that not being able to play two characters simultaneously has hindered my play experience.

Obviously, this has been a concern in the past as well (as shown here):

http://support.na.square-enix.com/fa...o=4&q=transfer

I found it interesting that the phrase "currently" is used, as if it were a possibility in the future to see this kind of service included.

I have submitted this request in the form of a suggestion before, but I have never gotten any replies. Is there (or will there ever be) any hope for this kind of service? The link suggests purchasing another Content ID to play another character simultaneously. I tried that but my other character is Lv.90 right now with several quests completed and equipment acquired, so I was quickly unmotivated to make any progress when I tried starting a new character.

I would gladly pay some kind of fee for a service like this, as well as purchase anything necessary in order to transfer a character (Content ID, Expansions, Add-ons, etc). The presence of this request in the Square Enix Support Center's FAQ sections shows I'm not alone, and I've heard players both on FFXI and on other message boards in similar situations.

Those I've encountered in game have been hesitant to speak up and make suggestions themselves because they share an account with a family member (in violation of the ToS) but would like to experience the game by playing with each other simultaneously. I believe this kind of service would be an effective solution to create such an experience and allow players to have legitimate account activity.

I'd enjoy some sort of response on the matter, I haven't heard anything on it other than what's on the Support Center. Thank you!

NOTE: If anyone else has an opinion concerning this matter, please feel free to share!
    They would loose alot of sub if they did this. I know this guy who had his whole family playing the game. 5 different accounts.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Hence why I'm beginning to lean towards a simultaneous log in service, it would put to rest these kinds of complications (and others that may arise with the new ability to transfer EX items between characters on the same account).

I also suggested only a "separation" method of transfer service where the newly transferred character is placed as the first character on a new account... this would disallow "merging" accounts (which would cause profit loss in a case like you mentioned, with 5 separate accounts).

Still, if a separation service is included, I see no reason it would hurt subscriptions. I don't suggest implementing both. Thus even if an account "merged" 5 separate accounts, they still couldn't play simultaneously.
    (2)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I've talked to customer service about seperating characters. They said, and I quote, "no."
    (1)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I have too, over the phone =/ However, I was told that it was because it was "impossible" to perform. In other words, it would need to be a decision made by the developers if anything were ever to happen.

After repeated suggestions sent to Square Enix, I decided to try my luck with this thread. If it were hypothetically possible to implement with no difficulties (due to RMT, subscription fees, add-on/expansion content, etc), I haven't heard anyone express negative feedback on the matter (both on the game and so far on here). After some people here suggested simultaneous log ins, I don't think any of those difficulties would even exist.
    (2)
    Siren -- 99 THF / RNG / COR / BRD / BST / PLD / NIN / SCH / PUP
    [http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/6834-To-the-Devs-Character-Transfer-Service]
    Support this thread!

I don't see where a problem would exist, except for husbands/wives/family splitting up in which case one would hope that there would be a decision made by everyone using the primary card to cancel any other accounts on that card. As far as I can see, all that needs to happen is that a separate Content ID plus a Security Token be purchased for the family member(s). Assuming no mules, an extra $12.95 per month plus the cost of the token. Perhaps the extra token would not be necessary, not really sure. Maybe the extra money each month is not possible for a lot of people, but I do know quite a few players who can't play simultaneously because of this limitation and one in particular who got so frustrated by the negative responses from Customer Service that they bought a new system, new game and add-ons and started over.
    (1)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Well from responses so far in this thread, it sounds like most people would be willing to pay for the service. Obviously, the the feature should be optionally activated in general (either per each character you would wish to play simultaneously or for the entire account with the ability to log in with 2 or more characters) otherwise there'd be a problem with mules.

I have respect for people who are willing to restart all over again, but I really don't have that kind of time to relevel, unlock all areas, finish missions, etc. Plus, it would always annoy me that I have a level 90 character sitting on my other account that I still couldn't play =/
    (0)
    Last edited by Dekoda; 05-13-2011 at 12:44 PM.
    [http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/6834-To-the-Devs-Character-Transfer-Service]
    Support this thread!

Character
    Chinzu
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    this is something i would like to see. a friend i know shares an account with his brother, and they always have to do stuff like atma NM twice for each chara. i have known other people that would have used this kind of service but they quit.

as someone who duo boxes, i would like to keep everything on one account. i can still pay for both chara, but it would be simpler to use both from one account. a lot of people duo box nowadays.
    (1)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Hadn't been able to check back on this thread because of finals, so sorry for the necro-bump lol. I updated the OP to show the alternative option of being able to simultaneously log in. I think that should create less confusion for those unable to read the entire thread thus far.
    (0)
    Support this thread!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast