Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i remember writing an email to SE 7 or so years ago asking to have my brothers character seperated so we could play together.
    You should have made seperate accounts to begin with.
    (0)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    You should have made seperate accounts to begin with.
    I feel the same way... but there's nothing you can do about it now ><
    (0)
    Siren -- 99 THF / RNG / COR / BRD / BST / PLD / NIN / SCH / PUP
    [http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/6834-To-the-Devs-Character-Transfer-Service]
    Support this thread!

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Okay... sorry for the amazing necro bump but I wanted to try this out one more time. Having to select my "main" character reminded me of it, since I have two "mains" lol

But seriously it would be nice to hear from the Dev team if this ever could happen.
    (0)
    [http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/6834-To-the-Devs-Character-Transfer-Service]
    Support this thread!

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    they already said a long time ago that they have no plans of doing this.

The reasons are obvious. It would essentially be enabling the buying/selling/trading of single characters.
    (0)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Hence the edit in the OP:

Quote Originally Posted by Dekoda
    After a bit of discussion, the idea of simultaneously logging in on two (or more) characters on the same account came up. This would eliminate concerns of RMT activity and any other minor complications that may come from a transfer service. On paper, it would seem easier to implement and understand, making it more user friendly. As a player, I personally have no preference over either method as long as one gets added. Also note this would probably come with some sort of subscription fee to use.
    I just wanted to know if this were technologically possible. I realize this is different than a transfer service, and instead a simultaneous log in.

Still, I don't recall them saying they have no plans of doing a transfer service ever, unless you could kindly point out where they did. It simply says there is currently no way to transfer characters. However this does indicate that they were aware of some sort of demand.
    (0)
    Support this thread!

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    they already said a long time ago that they have no plans of doing this.
    They also said they'd never EVER raise the lvl cap. 20 lvls later, here we are.

I'm all for the idea myself.
    (2)
    Last edited by Baccanale; 10-02-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Just because they did one thing they said they're never going to do, doesn't mean that every other thing they've said they won't do is on the table.

And you'd better stop abusing my user name.

I'd be all for a solution that doesn't enable character trading. Logging in multiple characters on the same account would be the better solution.
    (0)

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    JAnd you'd better stop abusing my user name.
    But I have ADD and therefore can't type, I get names wrong, I start stupid threads, and spew BS all around the forums. HOW DARE YOU MAKE FUN OF MY DISABILITY! STOP TROLLING ME!

Wait, is that still the going excuse on here, or is there a new one I don't know about?
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiterpallasch View Post
    But I have ADD and therefore can't type, I get names wrong, I start stupid threads, and spew BS all around the forums. HOW DARE YOU MAKE FUN OF MY DISABILITY! STOP TROLLING ME!

Wait, is that still the going excuse on here, or is there a new one I don't know about?
    That excuse was never used, by me or anybody. I explained my condition, which is somewhat obscure, one single time to certain people in an (apparently futile) effort to allow a better understanding of how my mind works. Not once did I ever use it as an excuse, or ever even bring it up again except as a response to a post like this one.

If you can't type people's names, use copy and paste (which is what I usually do with hard to type names), instead of doing something that looks very much like an intentional abuse, even if you're saying its not.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 10-03-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5