Character
    Kegsay
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Should player connection really affect a Synergist's ability?

As many people who do Synergy know, clicking on the Furnace takes a while to bring up the menu and after performing an action it takes a while for the menu to reappear (this is related to your connection), and in turn affects everything about synergy. Depending on if my internet connection is good, I can have 4-5 chances to 'thwack' the furnace prior to an explosion, but on bad days I can struggle to get 3.

From a technical standpoint, every time you interact with the furnace (click/perform action) the client sends unnecessary packets which will only make the menu appear when they have received replies. Whilst I understand the need for ensuring that menus cannot be hacked to allow massive amounts of actions automatically, the cost is high since the menu takes just so long to appear. Packets should only really be sent for actions performed only, rather than these extra packets concerning menus.

As SE prepares to release augmentable via synergy 'good' gear, I can see the issue of being how good you are at this time critical craft being more dependant on something you can't control than something you can.
    (0)

Character
    Auspice
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The lag in the menus with synergy is the biggest issue with the system. It makes things harder than should be. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've had a synth fail or blow up on me because of the amount of time it takes for the menus to load to thwack, end the synergy, or feed fewell. It's just very clunky and cumbersome.
    (0)

Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegsay View Post
    Depending on if my internet connection is good, I can have 4-5 chances to 'thwack' the furnace prior to an explosion, but on bad days I can struggle to get 3.
    wow.. your bad day is my best. If i get 3 chances it like a celebration
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Godofgods View Post
    Lol yeah even with a superior connection I can never get more than three chances before the furnace pops.

I personally dont really find the menu lag an issue, but then I also avoid using synergy furnaces in high traffic areas for this same reason. It's much easier to simply use a furnace in a starter city than it is to use one in Jeuno. If you're using the furnaces in Port near the Abyssea NPCs these days, you're just stupid lol
    (0)
    Sovereign of Diabolos
    http://www.etherealls.com

Player
    ^
    I see almost no difference in port or somewhere else, same menu lag.
    Highest I could get is 4 Thwacks but its rare, oh and don't waste skill on it, its useless just don't go over 30% impurity and your furnace will never blow up!
    (0)

Character
    Starhopper
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Godofgods View Post
    same here....
    (0)

Character
    Nephilipitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    I don't thwack. I will when I do higher level stuff, but... All the augmenting synth stuff coming out in the next patch is going to be low level synergy stuff which means your worries are kinda unfounded.

I've done a couple of teleport earrings in Port Jueno. Part of the reason is because I don't want to force myself to fail, but at the same time I don't want to get it in 1 go so I can get a few more skill ups so I end up sitting there trying more than I normally would have to and for me that's a good thing.
    (0)

Character
    Arkanethered
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Smoother menus and prompts or heck even macro commands for various furnace commands would be welcome in my opinion.

Connection speed is an issue for me as well, only burning during overnight hours when my isp has more avail bandwidth really sucks.
    (0)
    Drk - 99
    Apoc - 95
    Calad - 85
    Bonecraft - 100
    Synergy - 80

Character
    Zyrs
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I have never gotten more than one time to thwack/correct per synergy and most of the time it's blowing up before I get any notification. It drives me crazy. Doesn't matter when or where I am, it's like swimming through molasses.
    (0)