Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

proc rate af3+2 set

has anyone run some testing on the proc rate for triple dmg yet?
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I believe currently the accepted chance is x% for x number of pieces, starting with 2, or something close.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    The numbers i've been following for some time are x-1% for x pieces (so 2 pieces 1%, 3, 2%, and so on), but 5% for 5 pieces. I've never seen any tests that completely proves this, but well, i'm not completely on par with things going on these days.
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Most AF3+2 set procs are a 10% chance or appear to be. Not cited, but from hearsay I believe MNK, NIN and DNC have all been found to be 10% with 5/5.

It's hard to test THF and WAR especially because it only happens during TA or DA respectively.

Although if you can't cap haste with 5/5, it'd never be worth it. (And without atma on THF you can't)
    (0)

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    hmm assumed it is 10% proc rate, with 25% haste (tiercel necklace,twilight belt,rapidus sax, and yeah i know its not totally capped) + mandau with 5% proc rate. could be worth the shot.
    (0)

I tested a while back and got about ~6/7% Proc rate with 5/5, But there was room for error.

Very well could be 10%.
    (0)

I have not run any tests on it (I only have 3/5 +2 pieces anyways), but all I know is that's it's pretty disappointing, at least in my experience. A random 3900ish damage Sneak Attack was kinda cool though!
    (1)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Character
    Alukat
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeek View Post
    I have not run any tests on it (I only have 3/5 +2 pieces anyways), but all I know is that's it's pretty disappointing, at least in my experience. A random 3900ish damage Sneak Attack was kinda cool though!
    "Set: Augments "Triple Attack"

Occasionally causes the 2nd and 3rd attack of a Triple attack to deal triple damage. "

wiki is wrong at this point? because sneak attack is the first hit of a triple attack.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat View Post
    "Set: Augments "Triple Attack"

Occasionally causes the 2nd and 3rd attack of a Triple attack to deal triple damage. "

wiki is wrong at this point? because sneak attack is the first hit of a triple attack.
    Yes, it's wrong. It was believed for some time that it only works on 2nd and 3rd hit (even I noticed that for a while, not sure why), however since it turned out to be wrong. I've also noticed a ~4k Sneak Attack melee hit, so it must work.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Originally it did only work on the 2nd and 3rd hit. It was ninja patched at some point though.
    (0)