Character
    Kanobrown
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Ballad III range with stringed/flute

Has anyone else noticed that Ballad III party buff does not have the same range as other songs while singing with a stringed instruments?? I think it might be a bug, or I'm doing something wrong. Other feedback would be appreciated!
    (0)

Character
    Karumac
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It has to do with the way Range increases for songs.

Basically, as your skill in string increases from the level that you learn the song, the range goes up. Since Ballad III is learned at 85, the range increase is very negligible right now. At 99, it should be a little better, but still not as wide as the other two.
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    /sigh

how ppl still doesnt know how song works is really embarassing ;_;

maybe the brd community need to focus more on the basic and less on the atma :P
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Character
    Kanobrown
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I think you all missunderstand what I am saying...

My string skill is capped and I have merits in it. Also, I don't think that has anything to do with the range of party buff songs anyways... Wind instrument buffs tend to be about 10 yalms, and string instrument buffs land on party members within a range of about 15 yalms..

While singing the song Mage's Ballad III with a stringed instrument the range for which it lands on party members appears to be the same as if you were using a wind instrument. Ballad I&II seem to work correctly. I think it may possibly be a bug in the game. Has anyone else noticed this?
    (0)
    Last edited by Kane; 03-09-2011 at 06:15 AM.

Character
    Karumac
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    (0)

Character
    Kanobrown
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    thx karu. I always thought the range was a set distance
    (0)

Character
    Sekundes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    thx karu. I always thought the range was a set distance
    Stringed instruments do not have a 'set distance'. They vary based on the amount of skill over the level you learned it at.
    This chart illustrates the variable range based on skill.
    If you have capped skill at the level you learn a new song, it's distance is 10' and as you increase your skill, the range extends out farther to a max of 20'. Stack as much string skill as you are able to and watch the distance increase. Granted, it takes quite a bit to make any noticeable range increase but it happens and is very easy to test, go try it sometime.
    (0)

Player
    Nice to see someone else has taken interest in this. I have to say, many of the brd's I speak to don't understand this concept either and I'm always asked why I stack on the string gear for ballad.
    At the moment, my string skill isn't quite capped, 335 with gear and no merits. However, I've found that this has increased the range on my ballad 2 from 15 to 18. Bearing in mind from that very handy skill table that a range of 15 with ballad 2 is 249 skill, I'm guessing ballad 3 is going to be fun to increase the range for, lol.
    I think Karumac has hit the nail on the head - it was only learned at level 85, so come level 99, with more string skill available, I think we'll see a range increase. Unless of course it is a bug and nobody else has noticed or cares ; ;
    (0)