Hybrid View

Character
    Kayrie
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Destrier Beret

Ok, so if I understand this correctly, only new players who purchase the new ultimate collection can obtain this fine piece of equipment? Umm... Is that fair? New players get an extremely helpful hat and we old players get a crummy statue? I may not speak for all players, but I'd rather get the hat instead of the Prishe statue. New players aren't the only ones with level 1 jobs. Think about it. First 3 add-ons we were rewarded with the awesome Nexus Cape. It was a nice reward for having purchased that add-on trilogy. All I ask is that we get something useful as a reward for purchasing the Abyssea trilogy.
    (3)

Making a new thread about something that has 8 threads already is going to get you negative attention :|, The devs have already responded to one of them, You should try posting this there.

New threads =/= Dev Attention :X

This might invite unwanted negative attention from people.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I had no idea such an item existed, I have never seen one, nor do I know what it dose.
    (0)

That's because it's not in the game yet until the next patch.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...Epic-Items-%29

That's the announcement.
    (0)

its not just for new characters, its for people who buy the ultimate collection. I've been playing for a long time, and after seeing the stats, all i can say is where should i slide my credit card!?
    (0)

Player
    Old players should know what it like without FoV buffs, cheap RR and Warp scrolls, exp rings, etc. etc. etc.

While this hat would be great for pre-level 30 jobs, and perhaps for the costume fun after that...
    it isn't really necessary if you know the game, ie use your ring, use your fov buffs, and play smart.

I'd rather see a ra/ex movement speed and increased skill up rate hat for us long term players that works beyond level 30.
    Skilling up after popping chests in abyssea for 60 levels is terrible.
    (0)

Character
    Capnsavahoe
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Forevergogo View Post
    Old players should know what it like without FoV buffs, cheap RR and Warp scrolls, exp rings, etc. etc. etc.

While this hat would be great for pre-level 30 jobs, and perhaps for the costume fun after that...
    it isn't really necessary if you know the game, ie use your ring, use your fov buffs, and play smart.

I'd rather see a ra/ex movement speed and increased skill up rate hat for us long term players that works beyond level 30.
    Skilling up after popping chests in abyssea for 60 levels is terrible.
    Leveling up combat skills is not that bad, I can't say the same about magic skill since I'm not mainly a mage. But I know that Katana, Evasion, Ninjutsu, Great Katana, Dagger leveled pretty fast for me after I jumped from 75 to 90, the one that surprised me the most was Evasion, I capped it back up in few hours worth of skilling.
    (0)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I think there should be an alternative way to obtain this item for people that either A) don't play on pc (my husband wants one of these in the WORST way, but he only plays on xbox 360, and for the love of god not everyone is rich do NOT tell me he needs to buy a friggen computer, since that is saying spend $500+ to buy a $20 in GAME item) B) for people that have been playing this game for 7 yrs and have sunk (at this point) several thousand dollars into the game and don't deserve to pay another $20 for content they already have, to get.... 1 in game item, no matter how wonderful the stats are.
    (0)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain