Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Make currency (1 Byne bills, O.Bronze, T.Shells, Alexandrite) purchasable from the Goblin shop in Jeuno using typical guild mechanisms. Have it restock 20 per day (40 Alexandrite), sell them with a structure such that 10000gil is the maximum price for RotZ currency and 5000gil is the maximum price for Alexandrite.
    This would be a powerful price control mechanism. If currency prices exceed the shop's price, people would buy it out every time it restocked for -800,000gil from circulation per game day. Every real day (assuming 1 day of closed shop like other vendors), you'd sell 16-17million gil worth of currencies. As inflation decreases, people would wait for a lower price to clean the vendors out at.

So a few rich people who would have gotten relics/mythics anyway end up getting relics/mythics a little faster? So what? 20 currency/day adds up to 1 of each city dynamis run per day that SE is handing us.
    I'm just going to re-quote this.

It doesn't make a difference where the inflation is coming from. In fact, I prefer a system that takes money from the top end of the playerbase (people going for relics/mythics/etc) while handing it to the lower end of the playerbase (people xping in Abyssea and getting Cruor/Dominion Points, which they flip over into gil).

Casuals have the gil they need to buy food and gear, and more hardcore players have cheaper currency overall than they would without the price controls in place (+1 of each city dynamis run/day to supply.) Both parties win. ...And that's only if currency prices are higher than SE's set point. If they're lower, the price controls have no effect at all on the system.
    (2)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Forevergogo View Post
    In regards to Kaji's
    ""You are absolutely wrong. This is one of the few things in the game that is keeping gil in the market. I keep tabs on the RMT market as a far better measure of inflation and if it this was the issue you were, falesly I might add, making it out to be. Then the RMT market would have dropped significantly in price. With nearly 100% of the crafting market missing and how having to have a level 100 plus maxed synergy to do so, players have few other choices in generating gil."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation
    Educate yourself.

In the game's economic standpoint- using a monetary value system, by pumping More and More gil INTO the system is what causes inflation. Circulating that money between crafters and players has NO impact on inflation.

Keeping tabs on RMT is a RIDICULOUS measure of how the game economy is going. Here's a few reasons why...

1) Players are leaving FFXI at a steady rate, and have been.. it is an Old Game. This makes for less opportunity to sell gil to players. Supply and Demand- Hello?

2) Earning gil in game is almost easier than ever, especially farming stuff to NPC for instant money rather than trying to barter with other players with rarer items. So... demand for buying gil should be lower than usual...

3) Even with a less active player base, S.E. is NOT taken RMT activity lightly, they have steady banning of rmt accounts, the annoying spam tell-bots, and if you think this does Nothing to the price fluctuations with RMT, you're sorely mistaken.

here's some quick economic notes.
    Keep in mind, this is under the notion that money is being circulated.

A Balanced economy is where money comes in and leaves in the same quantity. Ex: Killing some beastmen (+gil!) sort of balances out with riding a chocobo now and then (-gil!)

Right now, we are very Unbalanced. Money is coming in (very quickly, I might add), it is not leaving NEARLY fast enough, and players are going to see ridiculous prices on just about everything. Look how expensive "merc"-linkshells are these days, for something as simple as a bcnm60, can cost you 500k out of pocket.

That's hefty pricing. And it is just going to get worse until S.E. balances out the market again.
    Big giant quote to point out there is a quote function... please use it.

Maybe it's just your server and not others. And mercenary linkshells? Are you serious? They still exist? You'd actualy use them? It is almost starting to seem like you're wanting to nerf abyssea gil so you can be the only one with money. You know they already nerfed abyssea gil before right? You seem to be miscontruing NPC sinks removing gil from the market as balance. Whereas the lack of gil is what causes the problem. As for your 1, 2, and 3. It's not a cut and dry suply and demand issue that you're trying to make it out as. If it was, especialy taking into account your OP, then the gil market would be booming. And farming is not any different then it has been in the past.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Because it doesn't make sence that if I eat food, my pet gets stronger. lol
    It would actually work for Summoners, since SE was dumb enough to add this perpetuation system, linking Summoner and avatar. Eating brain food would then make you able to summon a higher level avatar.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    please use it.
    Yes mam.
    Everything I'm suggesting is a mean of preventing the next updates "gil-splosions" or at least making them less... extreme.

In regards to future updates.. exciting, New, rare and even craftable items will appear in the level 90 to 99 range. These will have an outrageous demand, and with all the gil amassing NOW (months before we get there... months of stock piling gil to go...) well, some linkshells are going to dominate the market, and make it a very sad game.

example- Quint Spear, sells for a couple hundred thousand now- even when it is Easily Obtainable. Easily.
    When it was first released.. well, lemme quote from ffxiah,
    "Sylph seller buyer: Oct. 14, 2010 Steven - Pureshia 8,000,000"

Now, that was when gil wasn't so abundantly flowing into the mix. I'm predicting gross sales of tens of millions on items for the first month at Least of each expansion. Tens of millions PER ITEM, PER SALE, PER SERVER.
    Now, doesn't that worry you?

Everyone's stocking money, and has nothing to spend it on.

And fyi, a lack of gil is not a cause of INFLATION, it is a cause of DEFLATION. Where prices start going Down overall, because players are finding their money disappearing faster than they can make it.

And for the love of all that is good and holy, do NOT come back to me with any more talk of RMT and their prices, I don't care- I don't care. And guess what? I don't care. Do yourself and everyone a favor. Don't even look at them. Don't look at their prices, don't buy their gil, don't talk about them. It is disgusting and disrupting the game, and I'm ashamed to even have to ask you to NOT talk about them.
    (1)

Hmm, people are complaining about prices rising and that they are having to spend too much of the free gil that NPC's give them for gear?

crafting is in the dumps unless you craft consumables and even then it's really not worth the time. Truthfully I'd rather spend my time enjoying the game and playing instead of trying to scrape together 100k. As far as the post update price boom goes.... just wait a few weeks and the prices will come down. If you have to have that item as soon as it comes out your going to pay what it's worth to you. 200k for a blm scroll then it was worth 200k to you because nobody forced you to buy it.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Forevergogo View Post
    (Kept one lance! +12 DMG +7 STR?! JEEBUS!) Aaand yeah, a million gil later
    +15dmg, +7str, res poison+3 and 600k later. ^^
    Too bad drg is 6. lol
    (0)

Character
    Firebert
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I think the amount of gil NPCs are gonna buy abyssea items for are going to be reduced in not too long, perhaps after the coming update. Idk about you guys, but I'm gonna sell as much as I can before it's too late.

Unless it is intentional. I'm really having problems understanding how the devs didn't notice how fast cruor is gained, and how much the cruor items could be NPCed for. That lv78 gear has been around since the first abyssea after all, and SE must have noticed pretty early on how people made enough cruor for one of those pieces in 10 minutes of killing.
    On the other hand, this seems to have reduced the demand for what RMT's have to offer. And even though you only have to be 30 to start earning cruor, good luck getting cruor as a band of level 30's. It's kinda hard to be an abyssea leech without cruor and it's hard to get cruor without a high level.
    (0)
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3