Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Inflation control measures.

Since Abyssea... well, let's not joke with ourselves...
    Selling shit gear to NPCs is a big cause of inflation.
    It creates currency, which can build incredulously fast... especially given how much abyssea rare items suck so bad, people won't pay more than 2-3k for them. Oh, but NPCs will buy that trash for 5-9k. And doing abyssea parties? Stock up on dominion points. Buy those augmented weapons, I think the scythe NPCs for the most? Maybe the lance? Whatever. I filled my inventory UP with that trash. (Kept one lance! +12 DMG +7 STR?! JEEBUS!) Aaand yeah, a million gil later I could finally afford to buy the spells I haven't been able to afford for so long.

I see serious inflation about to happen. Abyssea items, maybe not so much... that stuff is almost cake to get. But anything crafted or pre-abyssea might start jumping up in price. Cause everyone's getting gil like mad gil-loving hounds.

So... here's some ideas for cutting gil down a bit... (and to also solve some annoyances)

1) Bazaar fees. Bring back the 10% tax. Heck, start charging "AFK in front of the mog house in port Jeuno" fees. This would clean up port jeuno...... a bit. And take a small edge off the gil-crisis looming in front of us.

2) Stop the NPCs from buying Augmented items. They're augmented. We can't trade em... can't sell em... but NPCs want to buy them- and snatch em outta our bags? Great... but its a lot of the money problem.

3) Lower the value of a majority of items released since abyssea came out... I know they enjoy raping us for common items / lowbie junk... but I feel like the roles have reversed, and I'm not so comfortable raping a NPC for all the gil they can muster.

4) Booze. Tons of MMOs have bars / taverns / what-have-yous. Let players purchase some 'brew' and drink that stuff for all kinds of effects! Additional effect... blindness, flee, gravity, etc. Totally random effects, and it would be great to just toss some gil down for drinks with friends.

5) More food vendors, maybe NPCs with daily specials- a food item and a drink for a bargain price... get people to start using food enhancements again!

6) Weekly mini-Mog Bonanza. Simple prizes, vanity keepsake house decor, grand prize could be like a kupofried ring or something. Maybe 1 ticket limit per player. Heck, if this was a daily thing, it would suck so much gil out of the player base! 10k a ticket, 7 days a week- 70k a week.... Oh yeah

7) Face / Hair "restyle / makeover" total vanity thing, players have wanted for like Ever and a day, maybe like a 50,000 gil deal.

Okay- everyone else, throw suggestions out there for ways to keep the low prices we'd been getting Low, and maybe down to record lows! There is no sense in flooding the players with gil, items are just gonna shoot up in price again!
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    This is actually a pretty serious issue. Gil mobility at the moment is low, so it's less apparent than it's going to be if SE ever gives us anything worth buying again.

One option that isn't considered often:
    * Make currency (1 Byne bills, O.Bronze, T.Shells, Alexandrite) purchasable from the Goblin shop in Jeuno using typical guild mechanisms. Have it restock 20 per day (40 Alexandrite), sell them with a structure such that 10000gil is the maximum price for RotZ currency and 5000gil is the maximum price for Alexandrite.
    This would be a powerful price control mechanism. If currency prices exceed the shop's price, people would buy it out every time it restocked for -800,000gil from circulation per game day. Every real day (assuming 1 day of closed shop like other vendors), you'd sell 16-17million gil worth of currencies. As inflation decreases, people would wait for a lower price to clean the vendors out at.

So a few rich people who would have gotten relics/mythics anyway end up getting relics/mythics a little faster? So what? 20 currency/day adds up to 1 of each city dynamis run per day that SE is handing us.
    (3)
    Last edited by Byrth; 05-01-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forevergogo View Post

5) More food vendors, maybe NPCs with daily specials- a food item and a drink for a bargain price... get people to start using food enhancements again!

6) Weekly mini-Mog Bonanza. Simple prizes, vanity keepsake house decor, grand prize could be like a kupofried ring or something. Maybe 1 ticket limit per player. Heck, if this was a daily thing, it would suck so much gil out of the player base! 10k a ticket, 7 days a week- 70k a week.... Oh yeah
    6 I like. Mini-Bonanza's, kinda like a "Weekly" Lottery, Small Prizes, makes sense.

5 is lolwat, Who do you play with that doesn't use food? Only terrible gimp players don't use food >___>, But i wouldn't mind a shop somewhere that sells random assortments of food per day at decent prices. It would have to be NQ only, and rather ~stable prices to not screw with crafters profits, But i could see it working.

Edit: Also, Taking gil out of Circulation can be rather difficult, They try to control the influx, but its difficult to do. Making Augmented Armor non-NPC-able would be crap if you ask me, thats not a great solution at all, it would solve a lot of the Dominion Op weaponry gil problems, But really, they've already increases the Points for it, No need for a Universal "FU Nerf" to all Augmented equipment.

They could just implement an NPC similar to the ones in CoP Selling those Subs that desynth into something rare. Not a lot of "Rare" Things these days though tbh... So thats another problem.

Oh, Heres a Solution, Allow players to buy Seals for +1 Empyrean armor. 150k a pop. So all the people crying they can't find help, can blow their gil on it and there you go, Gil exiting the system ! (This is half sarcasm...)
    (3)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 04-30-2011 at 08:08 PM.

I think the amount of gil NPCs are gonna buy abyssea items for are going to be reduced in not too long, perhaps after the coming update. Idk about you guys, but I'm gonna sell as much as I can before it's too late.

Unless it is intentional. I'm really having problems understanding how the devs didn't notice how fast cruor is gained, and how much the cruor items could be NPCed for. That lv78 gear has been around since the first abyssea after all, and SE must have noticed pretty early on how people made enough cruor for one of those pieces in 10 minutes of killing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 04-30-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I think the amount of gil NPCs are gonna buy abyssea items for are going to be reduced in not too long, perhaps after the coming update. Idk about you guys, but I'm gonna sell as much as I can before it's too late.
    I Can agree, I have a feeling they aren't going to go easy either. It'll be a "beastmen Weapons" nerf. go from selling for ~7k to somewhere in the ballpark of 30 gil.

Then Suddenly Cruor becomes useless again. Except for the brews.
    (0)

I should probably blow all my cruor on items before the update, and just count on building it up again for whenever i need brews . After all, brews will always be there, easy NPC money won't.
    (0)

While your at it for food vendors add in some mid-high level ammo vendors
    (0)

Player
    Buying ancient currency~! good idea :P

But, you're right, Byrth. Gil mobility right now is low. There aren't many super-rare and thus very valuable items, and players are still very hesitant with blowing tons of money on a level 88~ item when they feel level 99 approaching.

So yah, gil is gonna stock pile, and when the last level-upgrade comes into play... players are gonna be fighting over the new stuff with tens of millions of gil. Sounds great if you can get your hands on those items and sell em, but.... a lot of players are just gonna stand around with hands in their pockets going "wtf..." Major gil explosion, its coming. SE needs to address its source(s) quickly.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Forevergogo View Post
    Since Abyssea... well, let's not joke with ourselves...
    Selling shit gear to NPCs is a big cause of inflation.
    It creates currency, which can build incredulously fast...
    You are absolutely wrong. This is one of the few things in the game that is keeping gil in the market. I keep tabs on the RMT market as a far better measure of inflation and if it this was the issue you were, falesly I might add, making it out to be. Then the RMT market would have dropped significantly in price. With nearly 100% of the crafting market missing and how having to have a level 100 plus maxed synergy to do so, players have few other choices in generating gil.
    1.) I support Jeuno tax, but as a measure to fight congestion, not inflation.
    2.) This is a terrible idea, people need to be able to recouple money on bad augments from FOV. Plus the base weapons from dominion notes are craftable and therefor sellable.
    3.) Again with recouping of income. These are craftable items, but are by no means sellable. Players need to be able to get their money back on these after skilling synergy.
    4.) No, we are not WoW.
    5.) No on the food vendors as well. SE has already proven that all NPC pirces are horrendeous. People will not pay 10k ea for mithkabobs. And the bigger issue os that in the end, if they are fiar prices, you will elliminate cooking as a craft. Plus, people do still use food, lots of it.
    6.) This is your one and only good/viable idea. I support a weekly lottery without gil prizes. You could make the ragular bonanza a power ball. You need a better grand prize though, XP is not worth it.
    7.) So many times this has been mentions, but it would be a logistic nightmare. PSU had it, but it was designed into the game fromthe start.

In short, 99% of what you are are saying is wrong and a terrible idea.
    (0)

Weekly Bonanza could have random rewards based on a Rank System. Like the following: (note, as a "Restriction" items from these, They should be labeled "EX" to you cannot sell them, (or maybe not?)). (Second Note: Prizes would "Change" Daily/Weekly, So you wouldn't get everything listed, It would be randomly selected each day.)

Rank 1 Prize: Red Curry Bunsx12, S. Carbonarax12, Universal Ninja Tool-bag)x12, (DipperYuly)x12 , Pet food Etax12. Allied Ring x1, The-Nidhogg-Scale Furnishing, etc

Rank 2 Prize: Yellow Curry Bun x12, Tavn Tacox 12, Toolbag (New Spells)x12, Random Jug Pet x12 (80~90's), Pet food Zeta x12, Etc etc, Kupofreid's Ring.

Rank 3 Prize: Meat Chiefkabob x12, Cream Puffs x12, Toolbag (old spells)x12, Random Jug Petx12 (75~80), Pet Food Zeta x6, Anniversary Ring. Dragon Chronicles, Star Globes Miratete's Memoirs

Etc and So on. Basically, A bunch of "Disposable" items, and rarely an Exp ring, or Exp page. Something random thrown in, Furnishings. Maybe some Event Items people want for Triggering (Shinai, Pitchfork).

I wouldn't go as far as to make Rank4/5 Prizes, just a simple "1 2 3" like that. Daily drawings would be the best bet. Just replace the whole Chocobo system with it.

Edit: if done Daily, Could limit it to maybe 2-3 Tickets a Day. ~2k Each or something. If done weekly, Maybe ~5 Tickets, Since there'd only be "3" numbers to match.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 05-01-2011 at 05:25 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast