Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Misi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    No one is forcing people to buy the gear that you can purchase via cruor. If jobs/levels that can acually equipt it rather buy it then purchase it themselves through the cruor system that is their decision/loss. You gained the cruor, you should be able to spend it as you wish.

Some of the notable inflation i've seen has been on consumables (food, ninja tools, bolts, ect) and over priced synergry crafted items. (in which case you just don't buy them) As far as augmented weapons go, I'm glad you can NPC them if you get a disappointing augment. Besides, if people are only punished by taking chances when they don't work out ( Hi FoV augments) No one will want to do them anymore. Looking forward to the new augmenting system.

Other inflation is on low level gear. Most of us who have played for years know what matters, what we do and don't need. I feel bad for the first time players. If I came into this game not knowing anyone and couldn't purchase simple things off the AH or an NPC because of that inflation, thats no incentive to keep playing if you can't even achieve the basics or if everything just feels too far out of reach. Its also turning into "All we have to do in this game is get to 30 and then leech" and that is not what FFXI is about.

Maybe things will get slightly better with the AH merger, But I'd like to see a Rare-EX NPC added that sells gear and weapons in the starting towns (with reasonable prices) At least one NPC for a melee class, and one for mages. and adjustments on scroll prices in NPC shops.

A weekly lottery would be sweet, but since they take such care in picking numbers its unlikely unless they develop a new system for it, like something through M.H.M.U.
    (0)
    Last edited by Misi; 05-01-2011 at 05:25 AM.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It's a good spead Karby, but it caters a little to heavily toward melee then mage. Though the game dose lean that way anyway. >.<
    (0)
    Last edited by Tsukino_Kaji; 05-01-2011 at 05:33 AM.

Since it wouldn't be for Uber prizes, they could just have a Random Number Generator System in place >.>
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    It's a good spead Karby, but it caters a little to heavily toward melee then mage.
    Was just Spit-balling, Couldn't think of good mage food. Or mage items in General.

Was really just naming Random things i would actually like to win as a "Daily" event.
    (0)

Probably because there is no good mage food. And even worse food selection for pet jobs. Assuming you can get worse than terrible.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamasala View Post
    And even worse food selection for pet jobs.
    Because it doesn't make sence that if I eat food, my pet gets stronger. lol
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Because it doesn't make sence that if I eat food, my pet gets stronger. lol
    Could be "AoE food" Similar to the food you get with your NPC, or "Party food", that only works with you and your pet.

Wouldn't be a big stretch :X
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Could be "AoE food" Similar to the food you get with your NPC, or "Party food", that only works with you and your pet.

Wouldn't be a big stretch :X
    I use that qiqirn hot pot on people randomly. ^^
    (0)

LoL >___>

That would be a funny thing to do...
    (0)

Player
    In regards to Kaji's
    ""You are absolutely wrong. This is one of the few things in the game that is keeping gil in the market. I keep tabs on the RMT market as a far better measure of inflation and if it this was the issue you were, falesly I might add, making it out to be. Then the RMT market would have dropped significantly in price. With nearly 100% of the crafting market missing and how having to have a level 100 plus maxed synergy to do so, players have few other choices in generating gil."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inflation
    Educate yourself.

In the game's economic standpoint- using a monetary value system, by pumping More and More gil INTO the system is what causes inflation. Circulating that money between crafters and players has NO impact on inflation.

Keeping tabs on RMT is a RIDICULOUS measure of how the game economy is going. Here's a few reasons why...

1) Players are leaving FFXI at a steady rate, and have been.. it is an Old Game. This makes for less opportunity to sell gil to players. Supply and Demand- Hello?

2) Earning gil in game is almost easier than ever, especially farming stuff to NPC for instant money rather than trying to barter with other players with rarer items. So... demand for buying gil should be lower than usual...

3) Even with a less active player base, S.E. is NOT taken RMT activity lightly, they have steady banning of rmt accounts, the annoying spam tell-bots, and if you think this does Nothing to the price fluctuations with RMT, you're sorely mistaken.

here's some quick economic notes.
    Keep in mind, this is under the notion that money is being circulated.

A Balanced economy is where money comes in and leaves in the same quantity. Ex: Killing some beastmen (+gil!) sort of balances out with riding a chocobo now and then (-gil!)

Right now, we are very Unbalanced. Money is coming in (very quickly, I might add), it is not leaving NEARLY fast enough, and players are going to see ridiculous prices on just about everything. Look how expensive "merc"-linkshells are these days, for something as simple as a bcnm60, can cost you 500k out of pocket.

That's hefty pricing. And it is just going to get worse until S.E. balances out the market again.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast