More Items to Hold!

Hi everyone!

I just joined the forums and was browsing around when I discovered a thread about an upcoming update to the delivery box and item stack numbers. While I can certainly say, I for one would love more storage spaces when sending gear (and other items), I can't really agree with the change in item stack numbers. Currently on Ifrit some stacks sell for 20k-30k and if you change stack numbers to, let's say, 99 (a reference to other FF games) could you imagine the price it would skyrocket to? Or the fee for posting at that price? Or if anyone has a reason to say that it wouldn't skyrocket or it'd be cheaper, please discuss! I'd like to know some opinions on the stack numbers and if so, what would be a suitable number we could suggest to the Dev team. Thanks!

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/241-More-Items-to-Hold!?p=284#post284
    (0)

Character
    Teakwood
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Admittedly, 12 is a fairly convenient size for the stacks of some items. I don't imagine the price-per-item on a stack would shift -too- much between stacks of 99 and stacks of 12, but then again, the economy in FFXI has surprised me in the past fairly consistently.
    (0)

Thanks for the response Teakwood.

That's what kinda bothers me though is the economy is controlled by the player and prices can skyrocket pretty quick. A stack of 99 would be dang near impossible for a new player. I'd be comfy with a stack anywheres from 12-20 at the most.
    (0)

Character
    Aena
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90
    I hope this doesn't apply to synthesis items that yield only a handful of product at a time.

If it applied to Empyrean upgrade items, that would be awesome! Holding unstackable items I need 50/50/75 of, depending on when and in what order I'd get them, reeeaaally cramps up inventory space! It's nice the Heroes Empyrean upgrade items stack to 12, but that's still going to be many, many waiting stacks.
    (0)

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    One item that would be great to stack to 99 instead of 12... Automaton Oils.
    (0)

I doubt they'll be adjusting every item.
    (0)