Utsusemi Blink & The Ranged Attack Issue

I'm a career thief and have been the majority of my five years of play. As a thief my primary subjob has and always will be ninja. Between my natural evasion and the benefit of shadows I've enjoyed a long career of not getting hit by mobs. However, there's always been one horribly intense failing of the shadow system - Ranged Attacks.

Without my shadows I can avoid most ranged attacks with ease, gleefully evading Yagudo ninjas and Goblin rangers and thieves all day long. But, the moment I put up utsusemi I'm immediately bombarded by what must be the most accurate high precision ranged attacks in history.

Why are ranged attacks guaranteed to wipe out shadows?

If I can dodge these attacks 90% (rough guess) of the time without fail normally, why would adding shadows to my defense suddenly make my ability to evade these projectiles so impossible? Shadows don't seem to hamper my ability to dodge melee strikes, yet they jump and take the fall for and every incoming ranged attack.

This disproportionate handling of attacks is mind boggling and extremely infuriating. I want to see it changed. Ranged attacks should have to pass through evasion and parrying checks just the same as melee attacks before destroying shadows, for utsusemi and blink alike.
    (0)

10 years ago Squaresoft was great. 10 years ago Hironobu Sakaguchi left Squaresoft. 10 years ago Square's profits were at an all time high. In the last 10 years their profits have done nothing but decline. Coincidence, I think not. Do yourself and the fans a favor SE, bring back Sakaguchi. Bring back the awesome you once had.

I'm pretty sure the reason was that THFs and RNGs could stand at a distance against ranged attack monsters and evade it all until the monster decided to engage, which I think is forced at like 50% HP. Now you can always argue how balanced it is to be guaranteed to deal 50% of a monsters life without risk of death.

Of course with sleep bolts being around, you could practically kill a mob completely without it ever moving. So balance is already a bit so-so regarding ranged attacks.
    (0)

Well that reason is out the Window kinda Mala.

Fomor RNG mobs's ranged Attacks are not 100% Shadow-Taking. They follow the same rules/patterns as normal attacks.

My guess is that, Back when, They probably register "Ranged Attacks" from Mobs as TP moves, and TP moves always take a shadow, hit or miss. but when they released RNG-Fomors, Who probably mimic players closer than we think, They follow the same patterns as PCs, Ranged Attacks not taking shadows.

I suck at explaining but i hope you see what i'm trying to say. Theres inconsistencies. RNG-Beastmen attacks are 100% Taking Shadows, while RNG fomors attacks Do not.

(Then again, When you think of it from Sleep Bolt point of View, Fomors would resist them to high hell LoL.)
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Fomor RNGs are exempt from that rule? I didn't notice.

Either way, I consider it a bug. Why should RNGs be able to avoid even Perfect Dodge? It doesn't really make much sense to me.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Yah, Fomor RNGs are Exempt.

I mean, i haven't tested in a year or so (Around the time they uncapped CoP Zones?). But last i checked they were.
    (0)