Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    Utsusemi: Ni.
    Thank you.

Merton, doing that in the LS I'm in wouldn't cut it. If I see an NM readying a TP move that would hurt a lot, then I would cast Cure V or VI so the SS would soften the blow, then cure up however much damage they received. Because of that, there have been times where I've had to use Cure IV because I used Cure V or VI for the SS, after having used one or the other for when shadows are down (our MNK tanks come sub /WAR, is that normal?). Apademak for example.

We also have 2 to 3 DDs at least on everything after procs, instead of just one. Both my friend and I keep auspice up. We both full time Orison Bliaud +2 except for curaga's. It's just the way this LS is. Spamming Cure V and VI would indeed be boring. Her and I don't mind having to tank occasionally. We have -PDT sets and -MDT sets. We've never died during the times we've had to tank. So no harm.

Sometimes, we even have to cast Curaga III and IV!
    (1)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    If they're using a Tranquil Heart job trait to allow for a Cure V enmity behavior difference in the jobs, wouldn't the May 9 change to job traits (they can now be extended beyond their previous max with gear, spells and other job abilities) allow for the -50% cap break?
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I can see examples where you'd need to throw a Cure IV just because it's another Cure that isn't down. My question would be how this is happening so often that you pull hate for a significant amount of time. PDT and MDT sets are a given I'd say. They're certainly great for popping on WHM when I do get that random smack or two. But my point is that this happens so infrequently on WHM to the point of being negligible, whereas I cannot say that at all on SCH. Maybe our LS experience are just that different.

In the end, I still think the enmity difference in the two jobs is huge to the point that if Cure V were added to SCH with an enmity adjustment there would still be something quite special for using a WHM as main healer over SCH, even if you discount things like barspells, auspice, shell potency, afflatus solace, esuna, divine benison, etc.

I do have to say though that I'm not about Cure spamming and that's actually why I like SCH so much. I'd go for an alternative to Cure V, but my guess is we're not going to see anything more creative than Tranquil Heart and Enmity adjustments.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
    Unless the highest tiers (the WHM-only ones) break the -50% enmity cap, SCH and RDM WON'T gain more hate from cure5 than WHM. All three jobs will be casting in -50% enmity gear/traits anyway.

The way it is now, WHM with -50% enmity will gain 200CE and 350VE from a cure5 (regardless of amount cured). If they change this to use the same cure enmity formula that cure4 uses, that same WHM will gain (assuming 1000 hp cured) ~323CE and ~1935 VE (we dont have good numbers for lvl90).

Any job which can cast cure5 ( or any cure for that matter) for 1000hp, while wearing -50% enmity, at lvl 90, will gain the same enmity as a WHM (under the tranquil heart model).
    Do we actually know how Tranquil Heart works yet? I highly doubt it after Animus, but it could simply work as -Enmity for Cure spells that is calculated before regular -Enmity. So we'd have Tranquil Heart Enmity (tEnmity) and Regular Enmity (rEnmity), giving a formula like: "(Base Cure CE/VE * tEnmity) * rEnmity"

Savant's loafers +2 stick a *1.1 before MAB when calculating magic damage, so I don't think it would be impossible for SE to do such a thing (if I'm grossly misunderstanding actual game mechanics sorry, it's late). Regardless I don't think Tranquil Heart is the answer simply because SE gave it to SCH and RDM, too. We only get it nine levels later than WHM, so I highly doubt we're very far behind on tiers.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Do we actually know how Tranquil Heart works yet? I highly doubt it after Animus, but it could simply work as -Enmity for Cure spells that is calculated before regular -Enmity. So we'd have Tranquil Heart Enmity (tEnmity) and Regular Enmity (rEnmity), giving a formula like: "(Base Cure CE/VE * tEnmity) * rEnmity"

Savant's loafers +2 stick a *1.1 before MAB when calculating magic damage, so I don't think it would be impossible for SE to do such a thing (if I'm grossly misunderstanding actual game mechanics sorry, it's late). Regardless I don't think Tranquil Heart is the answer simply because SE gave it to SCH and RDM, too. We only get it nine levels later than WHM, so I highly doubt we're very far behind on tiers.

If it's a seperate term then it would probably work well, depending on how much more of it WHM gets over RDM/SCH. I'm willing to bet, though, that it's just a straight -enmity to cure spells. Maybe i'll be pleasantly surprised.
    (0)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17