Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkwizardzin View Post
    Your asking for sch to get spells it not only doesn't need but is giving even more power to an already powerful job.
    Christ... Please explain how spells I already have access to via subjob would be any more powerful if I have access to them on main? Seriously. I'm not suggesting Scholar becomes stronger at all by giving it basic enfeebles, I'm simply suggesting it because it's a matter of completion and there is no reason not to have them.
    The only reason anyone has been able to bring up for not having them is that it takes away from Red Mage, but you're all apparently lacking the knowledge that most Scholars are subbing Red Mage and have these spells almost all the time. Not to mention that Red Mage has both a second tier of enfeebles as well as a Job Ability that enhances its enfeebles.

Considering the fact that other jobs balance wise are not doing very well (im looking at you Pup,pld and to a lesser extent any dd job that isn't war, mnk, nin) you should be thankful of where the sch job is right now.
    Yes, other jobs could do with adjustments. I'm not posting in the Paladin section asking for Scholar to get anything new though, am I? Or is it against forum rules for me to make suggestions for Scholar in the Scholar section?

I'm well aware asking for these basic spells is a petty suggestion, I'm fairly sure I've said several times that I'm only suggesting it because Scholar also got Blink/Stoneskin/etc. recently, which were in the exact same situation as enfeebles. Suggesting that it would be a game breaker to give Scholar the spells (which I apparently have to keep reminding, Scholar has anyway from subjobs) is preposterous though.
    (0)

Fair enough your entiled to your opinion but if SE gives sch those enfebbling spells then there would be almost no point of subing /rdm anymore (only things left would be refresh convert and fast cast) and to be honest it would give sch more power because then sch could full time /whm sub and have all enfebbles and haste and more healing tools.

I don't think SE would ever be willing to do that tbh... there would never be a good reason never to change subs and sch would be able to have everythng from both sub jobs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Darkwizardzin; 07-30-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Player
    Fair enough your entiled to your opinion but if SE gives sch those enfebbling spells then there would be almost no point of subing /rdm anymore (only things left would be refresh convert and fast cast) and to be honest it would give sch more power because then sch could full time /whm sub and have all enfebbles and haste and more healing tools.

I don't think SE would ever be willing to do that tbh... there would never be a good reason never to change subs and sch would be able to have everythng from both sub jobs.
    Subbing White Mage gives you Haste already. Haste isn't Red Mage only. The same with half the enfeebles.
    And what extra healing tools exactly? Cura, Curaga and Curaga II are all virtually worthless. Unless I'm missing some other curative spells I'd gain from subbing White Mage I hardly see this as being game breaking.
    Heck, if I need Haste I currently do sub White Mage. I'm missing out on Gravity (completely worthless these days), Bind, Blind and Bio. Bio II is probably the only one I care about since it procs !!.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Subbing White Mage gives you Haste already. Haste isn't Red Mage only. The same with half the enfeebles.
    And what extra healing tools exactly? Cura, Curaga and Curaga II are all virtually worthless. Unless I'm missing some other curative spells I'd gain from subbing White Mage I hardly see this as being game breaking.
    Heck, if I need Haste I currently do sub White Mage. I'm missing out on Gravity (completely worthless these days), Bind, Blind and Bio. Bio II is probably the only one I care about since it procs !!.
    Your forgeting about Divine Seal and you also again missed my point. I know subing /whm gives you haste my point was that you would never have to sub /rdm again if SE gave us all the enfebbling spells. Thats as if you took /whm and /rdm and merged them into one super sub. :/

The point of sub jobs is so you can add a few things to make your job better (but you can't get everything because different subs have different things to offer) giving sch enfebbling spells nativly would kindof miss the whole point of subing /rdm to begin with. If that happened no one would sub /rdm again and sch would have so much more spells to work with for free...... that isn't fair to other jobs.
    (0)

Player
    Convert and Fast Cast are far better tools than you're giving them credit for. Then there's the minor DoT boost from Accession -En spells.

Once sub Red Mage does gain Haste, I'll never sub anything again. It seems like circular logic to say you can't give Scholar native enfeebles because it would mean we'd only sub for example, White Mage, when the alternative is only ever subbing Red Mage.
    (0)

Anyone try to use SCH/NIN ? (since SCH got Stoneskin ?)
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Momotarotaru View Post
    Anyone try to use SCH/NIN ? (since SCH got Stoneskin ?)
    Only really useful when soloing, in which case you don't really have time to be casting Stoneskin and whatnot. Scholar/Ninja will never play out like Red Mage/Ninja, Scholar lacks enough Fast Cast and -Interruption to actually tank with Utsusemi.
    Duo+ it's almost certainly worthless.
    (0)

Hey momo how have you been lately?
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Christ... Please explain how spells I already have access to via subjob would be any more powerful if I have access to them on main? Seriously. I'm not suggesting Scholar becomes stronger at all by giving it basic enfeebles, I'm simply suggesting it because it's a matter of completion and there is no reason not to have them.
    The only reason anyone has been able to bring up for not having them is that it takes away from Red Mage, but you're all apparently lacking the knowledge that most Scholars are subbing Red Mage and have these spells almost all the time. Not to mention that Red Mage has both a second tier of enfeebles as well as a Job Ability that enhances its enfeebles.
    The point is having them sub job only makes you want to sub job it, that's how it works.

If you get everything naturally then there would be no need for subjobs, it's regardless if they're basic spells or not. Warp and Teleport spells are basic, you still need to /blm and /whm to get them.

Convert, Fast Cast, and all the enfeebles is a reason to /rdm.
    (0)

I have loved sch ever since I took it through the dunes, when I got to 75 and took it to events I loved it even more, however now it does seem to be lacking, in the healing department i cant count the amount of times I have had my party saying "dont spam cure 4, it generates too much hate" when theres nothing else we can do, alot of the time all I can do is keep animus minuo up to help with the huge amount of hate cure 4 generates.

Also what they could add on the dark arts side is to give us the ability to aoe elemental spells, but hugely lower magic attack when used with manifestation, this idea is mainly if SE wants to keep us in abyssea after 99 so we atleast have 1 more spell to proc yellow (it should work in the same way as -agas for procing), it would make the spell useless for damage therefore not breaking sch but we could use it to proc yellow a little better.

On the topic of making useful spells/abilities perhaps if they add the crimson grimore as a merit ability in the new 99 merit system "uses all stratagem charges, duration 30 seconds, recast: (somthing not too game breaking maybe 20 mins), greatly enhances spells cast using the correct grimore"

With it using all strategem charges low duration and possibly high recast they could make it so spells cast using the correct grimore would do more dmg/heal better/enhance better/DoTs and debuffs last longer, it would not be spammed for if you think proactively and want to conserve stratagems, if this was implemented because of the nature of the crimson grimore is like in the sch story it would have to be quite potent but the downsides like high recast and using all strategems would have to be high to ensure its not game breaking.

Maybe instaid of duration 30secs possibly duration 1 spell cast to make it for those OMGWTF moments but it would need balaning carefully or it could easily break sch.

Also we need cure 5 asap.
    (0)

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast