Character
    Valdr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 33

Reactivation Charges

Greetings,

This is my first post on the forums and I would like some clarification and guidance concerning a few things. I canceled my Content ID last August and am thinking of playing again once the servers go up, but even though I have read the information about reactivation I am a bit confused. If I were to start playing again, how much is it going to cost me to reactivate my character and start up service? Due to SE's incredibly difficult and inconvenient billing/account support and PlayOnline system it sounds like I'll be charged $12.95 for the billing cycle of the month I start in (without the charges being prorated, of course) and an additional $12.95 to reactivate my character which gets charged the next month. So I'll get charged $12.95 for the first month even though it won't be a complete month of play, and then $25.90 the next month for the monthly fee and the reactivation fee. Am I correct? I apologize for the lengthy post and would greatly appreciate insight into this.

In other news, how is Asura? I want to do all the missions (I am on the Magicite mission that gets you the airship pass), but it seems like nobody does anything except play Abyssea.
    (0)

This is a question best suited to support not forums

http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?la=1&id=20
    (0)

RDM BLM BLU SMN THF SAM COR ..::{ Desperately Seeking Salvage }::..

Character
    Valdr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 33
    I tried to ask them, but even submitting a simple question required me to put in the last 4 digits of my credit card number (I don't even have one registered since I canceled the Content ID) and other information that is a ridiculous to ask for a basic question about billing. I was hoping someone could just give me a quick answer instead of trying to wrestle with their support page.
    (0)

try phone support?
    858-790-7529

or repost your issue on the Technical Support Page
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/79
    (0)
    Last edited by Varchesis; 03-22-2011 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Added Tech Support Forum Link

Character
    Valdr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 33
    I will try that if I am unable to get a quick answer on here, thank you. I wasn't able to find a phone support number before.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by LunaticVoice View Post
    Greetings,

This is my first post on the forums and I would like some clarification and guidance concerning a few things. I canceled my Content ID last August and am thinking of playing again once the servers go up, but even though I have read the information about reactivation I am a bit confused. If I were to start playing again, how much is it going to cost me to reactivate my character and start up service? Due to SE's incredibly difficult and inconvenient billing/account support and PlayOnline system it sounds like I'll be charged $12.95 for the billing cycle of the month I start in (without the charges being prorated, of course) and an additional $12.95 to reactivate my character which gets charged the next month. So I'll get charged $12.95 for the first month even though it won't be a complete month of play, and then $25.90 the next month for the monthly fee and the reactivation fee. Am I correct? I apologize for the lengthy post and would greatly appreciate insight into this.

In other news, how is Asura? I want to do all the missions (I am on the Magicite mission that gets you the airship pass), but it seems like nobody does anything except play Abyssea.

I think you have it slightly wrong. You get charged for the full month you reactivate (even if it's only one day) that charge gets added to the next monthly fee taken out. So in your example you would be charged $25.90 on the next billing cycle but nothing immediately.
    (0)

Character
    Valdr
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 33
    I just talked to chat support (in the past I've had issues but this time it was great) and they clarified it for me. Basically, if you want to reactivate you should do it on the 2nd of the month because that gets you the most out of your non-prorated monthly fee that pops up next month. So they charge you $25.90 the following month, but you don't pay any extra.

So how is Asura these days? Will I have any hope of doing low-level content and the expansion packs with people?
    (0)

You won't be doing a lot of low-level events unless you have some friends or a group who want to get some 'old stuff' done. But you can usually find people who will want to help thru the boosted EXP parties that now exist.
    (0)