Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NEW TO FFXI - LOOKING FOR GUIDANCE

Hey, I'm actually new to FFXI and will be playing on my 360. I was just wondering as far as servers were concerned which might be best for a newbie like myself. It seems like Bahamut is pretty popular. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

SOLID
    (0)

Bahamut is going to be receiving an influx of players soon once the major version update hits. Wouldn't be a bad idea to start out in a highly populated server for a new player to the game.
    (0)

Character
    Woolie
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 30
    cerebus seems to have a decent population 3200+ during JP prime times about 1800+ during NA time frames

keeping that in mind people seeking parties these days i did a search other day to doa level sync for a friend /sea all inv 10-80 and was only 14 people seeking it appears there are a lot of solo'rs until 30 then they break loose on abyssea with the weekend warriors on it gets a little more parties but still can be a hassle setting up old east ronf. birds parties or even ToAU parties are dead still with the new xp just lets people xp faster into abyssea.
    (0)

Character
    Zenoxio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Also keep in mind higher population is not exactly a good thing.

It causes a lot of congestion with claiming mobs, camps, mazes, etc.
    (0)
    -reseph, /r/ffxi founder

id say if u like the game any server is good to play. as long as u know theres a wiki and ah websites ull be fine. just get a mithra ir ur rly cool, anything else than a mithra is meh.
    (0)

Character
    Andevom
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Should you come to Asura, I'm sure you'll find yourself people willing to help you understand the game mechanics (that includes myself, of course ) and what role each job typically fills. Since you're playing on the 360, I highly advise you to get a USB keyboard to make communication easier. And be sure to read up on setting macros!

Welcome to FFXI!
    (0)

Well, I was on Sylph and let me tell you, it's majority JP based and I couldn't get into a Linkshell(guild) there.

I moved to Asura due to it being the most popular server.
    And now, i'm in the best Linkshell i've ever been in.

I also enjoy all the people talking in English.
    So, I suggest Asura.
    (0)

I would check out to find what servers are being merged and pick avoid a server that is joining another, reason is you have the possibility to lose your name and if your new thats not something you want to have to face and you can find a shell that will not have to be remade in the process of world merge.. Cerberus isn't bad at all if you go there, look me up I'll get you a Linkshell and help you on your way
    (0)
    (A)-GERM

Player
    I would recomend you to stay away from Shiva >.< because the server is dead T_T

Unless the fuse it with another server =D
    (0)

Character
    Andevom
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by tenshinoneko View Post
    I would recomend you to stay away from Shiva >.< because the server is dead T_T

Unless the fuse it with another server =D
    They are.

Alexander -> Shiva
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast