Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowHeart View Post
    cerebus seems to have a decent population 3200+ during JP prime times about 1800+ during NA time frames

keeping that in mind people seeking parties these days i did a search other day to doa level sync for a friend /sea all inv 10-80 and was only 14 people seeking it appears there are a lot of solo'rs until 30 then they break loose on abyssea with the weekend warriors on it gets a little more parties but still can be a hassle setting up old east ronf. birds parties or even ToAU parties are dead still with the new xp just lets people xp faster into abyssea.
    Well I am actually joining Cerberus and im dragging 3-4 of my WoW buddies with me (real life friends) who've played FFXI in the past and we have old accounts with at least 1 75 before the new level cap, and we kinda forgot our info (except one person but we apparently cant get into odin where his char is located) anyway we could use another person to grind with from 1-30 lol so if any new players joining Cerberus wants a leveling group feel free to pm me
    (0)

Kill Or Be Killed....

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Yes because the worlds that are ending and being shoved on to another have been shutdown for new people so that no one can high-jack peoples names. So at the moment there is a slight limit if servers to join. On the other hand it shouldn't matter which one you choose just use a shout in which ever starting city you choose. Normally stay away from shouting in the starter towns port sections as most people do not hang out there unless they are using the AH in port Sandy. Wish you could join Alexander, cause I would probably be able to help you out. A good way is to use the find a mentor search, hopefully there are enough people who still have that on. I used to on my main but not any more, got headaches from trying to help people who would try even Mother Theresa's patiences. When you get asked the same question you just answered multiple times within a 5-10minute time span you stop wanting to help new people.
    (0)

Character
    Breaux
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    lol i played on alexander too, wave to lithera, we met now and than^^.
    when game is up i think it won´t last long till we get moved to shiva, so to anybody new and looking for help, when we are back just contact me ingame , wheather on alexander or shiva and i do what i can to help.
    breau, alexander/bastok
    (0)

Taru are living amongst us^^

Player
    If you want to come to cerberus someone posted that them and 2 other people will be starting on cerberus and also one of my friends and I will be helping them and leveling with them would be great if you could come ^^
    (0)

Player
    by that i mean Nataskiller who just posted above
    (0)

Character
    Caesaris
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SP1CE View Post
    id say if u like the game any server is good to play. as long as u know theres a wiki and ah websites ull be fine. just get a mithra ir ur rly cool, anything else than a mithra is meh.
    I agree!!

I'd actually discourage a new player joining this game right now. Most of the missions you'll need to complete will be impossible to beat without help. While there are plenty of people willing to help a new player out, the sheer number of quests and missions that you'll need to complete just to be on par, is crazy! You'll need your nations nak 10, outpost supply quests, Zilart, CoP, WoTG, chocobo riding, airship pass, Genkai's (limit breaks), not to mention AF, Relic (if you decide to pursue), magian trials for those shiny weapons we've all spent the last 6 months of our lives to get, and a whole lot of grinding exp for your main and it's 3 or 4 required subs to make your job useful come lvl 90.

I love FFXI, and I plan to play it for as long as it's engaging and fresh, but this game is NOT for newcomers... not at this stage of the game. Nothing in the game explains itself, and even the simplest quests require you to look up a walkthrough on a website. When I have to play on XBOX 360 anc can't have my wife's laptop nearby, i find the game, even after 6 years of playing, damn near unplayable. Someone shouts for a NM run, and unless I lookup what the monster drops, I have no idea. New food recipes pop up with no in-game explanation as to what it does.

After 6 years, i'm pretty used to this game not explaining anything. But new-comers to this game, expecially those who have played games that don't require you to have your browser constantly pointed at the ffxi wiki page or the ffxiah.com site for the most basic of info, need not apply.

Sorry to jump on my soap box, and i hope I don't make any newcomers feel less inclined to join us in our Vanadiel Adventures, but truth is truth, and they don't pay me enough to lie around here! The game is fun, new comers can enjoy it, but be prepared to have this game explain absoultely nothing... and you WILL have to either keep your browser on those 2 websites, or be prepared to years of trial and error just trying to perform the simplest of missions and quests. SE wants your money, and they don't want you to complete any in-game task in a meaningful amount of time... it's like an MMO version of a quarter eater in the old school arcades. Just know what you are getting into.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3