Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Vedabe
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 69
    Quetzalcoatl, all the way XD hehehe, a lot of non jp players, so you´ll get more chance to progress :P
    (0)

Character
    Flionheart
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Don't lie.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenoxio View Post
    Also keep in mind higher population is not exactly a good thing.

It causes a lot of congestion with claiming mobs, camps, mazes, etc.
    Which is true, HOWEVER that comes later in the equation.

As a new player, especially with only about 1/3 or so of the players being below level cap, he probably DOES want a higher-population server to start with.
    (0)

Character
    Mephista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Ragnarok is a nice server to be on to we seem to have a mix of JP / EU / NA players
    (0)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    All servers are pretty much equal.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Well I cant really recommend a server but I am on Asura. Speaking of which, any of you out there who are on Asura, add me if you will. I am new myself and could use some help/advice/guidance
    (0)

Id say come on Bahamut and i can help you out and give you linkshell and everything but game is kinda closed now ^^:
    (0)

Character
    Ruvion
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Best advice I can give is that it really doesn't matter what server you start out on but try to persuade a friend to join the game with you at the same time, if you don't already know someone that plays that is. This way you will have someone to do everything with as you get further into the game. Keep in mind that this game is an MMO so half the fun is playing with others. It probably wouldn't hurt to shout in your home nation asking for some help. Just don't ask for money or items because no one likes that. You might come across a vet that is willing to show you the ropes, or even a few other new players. You can pool your money together and start an ls for other new members to join. Post your new ls in the forums here or on ffxiah.com and start recruiting. Like yourself, there are still new people out there and are looking for others in the same situation. Another good thing to do when starting out is to /sea all 1-10 and send some /tells. You might find some new people starting out like yourself and you can work together.

Also, I know alot of people are a fan of wiki and google and I am too. But, to age myself, when I first started there was no wiki so I got that players guide from brady games. I found it to be extremely helpful with explaining the basics of each job, spells, gear and weapons. It gave a list of the missions up to rank 5 for each nation, as well as quests. I know it's very out of date now but I would still recommend that you pick it up if you can and use it to help you start your journey throughout vana'diel.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ruvion; 03-20-2011 at 12:03 AM.

Character
    Elimari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 92
    I remember when I first played FFXI back in the day, I didn't get a choice of worlds, I got bunged on Odin, I didn't realise how much this meant to me... When I re-created my char, I started On Odin.. remembering that I did have some help, when I first gave it a bash.

Odin.. for me.. is the best world, I have been on Fairy (when they closed Odin) which got merged to Sylph, I went back to Odin soon after the merge...

However Odin, is getting merged with Ifrit soon (Ifrit > Odin) which.. funilly enough, were both my fave summons in FF7

So in short.. I dont think it matters what world you are on, as long as you make the most of it, I have created chars on other worlds with additional content ID's and have found that, there are a LOT of friendly players out there... which is rare for MMO's
    (0)

Character
    Gravionblack
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I like Duke am on Odin, i started the game and it took me a little bit to get into a good ls. Sadly now most of the people that were on said ls left or just don't play FFXI anymore so i just started my own ls. Right now it is really only me and a UK friend of mine.

If you come to Odin i am sure you will enjoy yourself as you would with any other server, I always say it is the people that make the server. Good luck in your choice, and welcome to a wonderful world . . welcome to FFXI ^^
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast