Character
    Wagram
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90

Are there any planned adjustments for Samurai in the next update?

I posted a thread a few weeks back asking whether or not Samurai (and not just limiting it to this job) was going to receive a Critical Hit WS. I want to know if Square-Enix has anything Samurai related coming in the next version update?

I'm not asking to become the best DD, but I am hoping that SE has something planned to at least make the job slightly more comparable to other jobs in abyssea. I really enjoy the job and even if there isn't an update i'll stick with it because it's the job I enjoy the most.
    (0)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    With just barely over a week left why would they tell you of any job adjustments for sam ahead of time?
    (0)

Character
    Wagram
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    There is always a possibility. They did give us a few sneak peeks into some Dark Knight and Puppet master changes.
    (0)

I still don't get why people want the solution to these problems to always be "give crit hit WS". Why can't we just get atmas that give non-crit WSes a boost without boosting crit WSes even further?

Something like: Double attack +10%, crit rate +20%, weaponskill damage +30%, WS crit rate -70%.

Seems logical to me. Atmas are what made sam and drk underperform, so therefore atmas should also be what brought them back up.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 05-01-2011 at 06:10 AM.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    give fudo (kaiten) same atk bonus than gekko!
    (0)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagram View Post
    There is always a possibility. They did give us a few sneak peeks into some Dark Knight and Puppet master changes.
    You have apparently misunderstood me. Why are you asking for them them tell you something that they would be telling you when they announce any new job adjustments ahead of time when they could just announce it during their next job adjustments announcement within DAYS if not hours of you asking?
    It would be a waste of SE's time to do so and would lessen the impact when they essentially announce the exact same thing AGAIN within days of the first announcement.
    (0)

Character
    Lotmorning
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Allowing Kaiten and Fudo to crit would help with there damage numbers in abyssea to be equal with other DD WS. An attack bonus like Y/G/K might be little to over powered for a properly geared Kaiten/Fudo sam. Inside abyssea I am able to do on average 2-3k Fudo's sometimes 4k if double/tripple attack happens to proc, yet I am always seeing 3-6k WS from Empy GA and even WoE GA along with other weapons (H2H Fury/Smite) however a chance for the WS to crit would be a decent improvement for SAM to be on par with other jobs. Even outside of abyssea without atma I see other jobs doing huge numbers because still getting crits on there weapon skills where Fudo/Kaiten still do around same.
    (0)