Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Turdinator
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    BLM/RDM can get 10 mp/tick Refresh outside of Abyssea, and 20 mp/tick (more if you're using the wrong atma) in Abyssea. Couple that with Convert, Aspir I, and Aspir II and you've got a massive amount of MP recovery. I've never really had any problems, to be honest.
    Mojo hit it on the head.
    (0)

Character
    Kaht
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Emp Body +2: +2 refresh
    Serpentes gloves+boots: +1 refresh
    Augmented hairpin: +1 refresh
    Augmented subligar: +1 refresh
    wotg earring: +1 refresh
    owleyes: +1 refresh
    aspir
    aspir II
    refresh spell: +3 refresh
    convert
    sublimation (if you do the /sch route)

A year ago I would have agreed with you, but these days if you're having MP issues on BLM, you're doing it wrong.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Imole View Post
    You know if they made it posible for BLM to actually mele without haveing HUGE amounts of acc gear Spirit taker would be a very viable option for BLM in a party setup. The trial staffs have very respectable damage on them making them decent for spirit taker damge. On the other side another option for suporting this idea is to sub DRK. I know it sounds wierd but say you got your ice staff on and cast ice magic DRK sub gives you TP propotionate to a percentage of the MP cost. On top of that /drk gets absorb TP and BLM does have a very high dark magic skill making it a worthwhile option. Not saying its the best option just saying it is an option people overlook.
    DRK gets Occult Acumen I at 45, BLM gets it at 85 so /DRK just for that job trait doesn't work out as they don't stack and /DRK doesnt get II until 58. Just wanted to point this out.
    (0)

Character
    Monkeynutz
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    BLM really only has major mp issues outside of Abyssea if you play as though you are in Abyssea. I can certainly accept that people don't have all or even half of the items listed for auto-refresh, but there's no excuse to not work toward getting them. None of the pieces require that much work to obtain (though some may require a fair bit of time and luck). Even with overly expensive nukes (which is perhaps something SE should look into as T5 nukes break the mp efficiency trend that was established with 1-4) 10/tic refresh outside of Abyssea would have been completely unheard of a year ago, and I can distinctly remember how amazed I was to get 5/tic refresh in Abyssea from my first atma (Full Moon, or atma of the Heavens at the time).

Unless you're soloing/ manaburning when can you even cast enough spells to run through that much refresh and not grab hate from the tank? Usually on anything more difficult to kill than an exp mob I have to watch for things to stun and be careful about overnuking while the timer is burning down for the sake of enmity, not mp.
    (0)

oh please dear god no blm auto-refresh! I have enough problems with BLM, RNG, DRK and SAM that have no idea of the entire concept of hate control. Having to rest between casts is what made your better blms realize that while yes, you can do 3k damage with this cast if you aren't going to finish it off you are asking for a beating and maybe a lower-tier nuke would work better, especially since the tank has only done 126 points of damage so far. Just as with people who AFK, my 90 thf will SATA a hate-happy DD, since obviously you WANT the hate.

Seriously, for major DD (which blm certainly is) knowing when to go all in is just as important as knowing what will happen if you do if you want the party to function smoothly. Good long-time DDs know this, but there are too many people coming up too fast who just haven't learned that fine line of hate threshold to walk yet. Giving them the tools to screw up even more than they already do is NOT a good idea. Between conserve MP and MP recovery gear/food/meds and +hMP gear a decent blm should be fine.

As to not having the MP to keep up outside Abyssea noone else has the juice either. Abyssea has led to sloppy play in all areas for all jobs, expecting your Atma/AF3 to save your butt. Seriously, my Dynamis LS which is all in the 90 range wipes just as often in Dynamis now as we did at 75! Sure we can get the XP back easy, but why are we losing it in the 1st place?! Because people THINK they are all invincible now, and they're not. No target control, sloppy gigantic pulls that sleepers can't target that size, people all trying to "solo" stuff (apparently thinking the healers are there for thier exclusive use), it's just stupid! You can't get the healers to let the people who are playing so sloppy deal with the consequences of it either! This same stuff happens everywhere now!

No, SE needs to leave job weaknesses as they are to remind us of our own mortality. Besides, how much fun can you have in a game if you can never lose?
    (0)

Player
    Idiots will always be idiots, the issue isn't that people will overnuke because of autorefresh (Idiots do that anyway) but Blm has more refresh in gear and can /Rdm for Refresh spell and convert, they don't really need autorefresh trait as badly anymore.

Your dynamis group sounds like they would have wiped at 75 anyway.
    (0)

no, at 75 we actually paid attention to things and had discipline, some players don't feel the need for it now and it gets the rest of us killed. Case in point, it's been weeks since I've seen anyone ask who is the targeter, for mages or melee.

and as to the autorefresh and my other comments, it is your WEAKNESSES that make you learn, not your strengths. People learn best from mistakes. As an example, in my early days on thief Perfect Dodge was on one of my macros. After popping it one to many times when it was irrelevant and not having it when I needed to save my party it was removed from my regular macro list, and it now sits in solitary splendor in a macro set as Alt 1, with Ctrl-0 being the only other macro, my sac-pull macro.
    (0)

Player
    In which case you have lack of attentiveness of your shellmates to blame, not Abyssea/Job Traits. Realizing you're not in abyssea takes all of 5 seconds and adjusting according accordingly takes maybe 5 minutes max, there's no one to blame but yourselves for believing you can do something you can't do.
    (0)

Character
    Gakaroth
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    In my opinion, as BLM has the 2nd largest MP pool in game, and lacks refresh without the right sub, it should have access to auto-refresh 1, which is 1mp/tic. The largest mp pool (SMN) has gained access to auto refresh 2, and WHM should also be given auto-refresh 1 in my opinion to balance it all out since our mp pools and spell costs are growing so much so fast
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gakaroth View Post
    In my opinion, as BLM has the 2nd largest MP pool in game, and lacks refresh without the right sub, it should have access to auto-refresh 1, which is 1mp/tic. The largest mp pool (SMN) has gained access to auto refresh 2, and WHM should also be given auto-refresh 1 in my opinion to balance it all out since our mp pools and spell costs are growing so much so fast
    As I said in the WHM thread. SMN's can't /heal thus need auto-refresh WHM and BLM do not need it, not now, not EVER.

Another case of EVERYONE wanting EVERYTHING and not having any negatives.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast