Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Gakaroth
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    As I said in the WHM thread. SMN's can't /heal thus need auto-refresh WHM and BLM do not need it, not now, not EVER.

Another case of EVERYONE wanting EVERYTHING and not having any negatives.
    SMNs CAN /heal, and also have the new favors to boost mp regain while having avatars out, personally i get 4mp/tic with an avatar out. Before quoting me, please understand I am WHM SMN BLM RDM BLU BRD 90. I solo'd my BLM to 75 on pets, I solo'd my SMN to 75 on normal mobs, etc. I had them all leveled long before level sync or abyssea. But the fact remains, MP pools are growing, BLMs end up tanking alot of the time, not all mobs are aspirable, and the ever growing cost of spells is crippling. Yes it doesn't make much of a difference, a mere 20mp/min, but while /heal it boosts the mp gained by that slight ammount over that minuite. Enemity douse is once every 10 mins before you suggest using that so you can /heal.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gakaroth View Post
    SMNs CAN /heal, and also have the new favors to boost mp regain while having avatars out, personally i get 4mp/tic with an avatar out. Before quoting me, please understand I am WHM SMN BLM RDM BLU BRD 90. I solo'd my BLM to 75 on pets, I solo'd my SMN to 75 on normal mobs, etc. I had them all leveled long before level sync or abyssea. But the fact remains, MP pools are growing, BLMs end up tanking alot of the time, not all mobs are aspirable, and the ever growing cost of spells is crippling. Yes it doesn't make much of a difference, a mere 20mp/min, but while /heal it boosts the mp gained by that slight ammount over that minuite. Enemity douse is once every 10 mins before you suggest using that so you can /heal.
    SMN's can /heal with a SMN out?
    (0)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by kaht View Post
    Emp Body +2: +2 refresh
    Serpentes gloves+boots: +1 refresh
    Augmented hairpin: +1 refresh
    Augmented subligar: +1 refresh
    wotg earring: +1 refresh
    owleyes: +1 refresh
    aspir
    aspir II
    refresh spell: +3 refresh
    convert
    sublimation (if you do the /sch route)

A year ago I would have agreed with you, but these days if you're having MP issues on BLM, you're doing it wrong.

I don't have any of those armor items. :/ It takes forever for my LS to get +2 items.
    I'll have to wiki the Serpentes gloves and boots, never been very lucky with augmented hairpins or subligars, and I'll have to painstakingly do WoTG all over again. X3 Never heard of Owleyes, either.

I'd be nice to have a constant refresh (aside from the spell) while nuking. Pretty sure nuking in that set would be incredibly stupid.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    I don't have any of those armor items. :/ It takes forever for my LS to get +2 items.
    I'll have to wiki the Serpentes gloves and boots, never been very lucky with augmented hairpins or subligars, and I'll have to painstakingly do WoTG all over again. X3 Never heard of Owleyes, either.

I'd be nice to have a constant refresh (aside from the spell) while nuking. Pretty sure nuking in that set would be incredibly stupid.
    Casting time is low enough with BLM you can take that gear off for 2-3 seconds to nuke, then re-equip it.
    (0)

Character
    Monkeynutz
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Only the +2 body is a nuking piece (though the WotG earring can be as well). It's obviously just an idle set.

On another note, those refresh hairpins are proving very, very elusive. I have some very nice dark rings, every KI you can get from Konschat, every scroll, and if I cared to check I probably have every temp item that can pop up in a chest.
    (0)

Character
    Gippo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    BLM's wont ever get refresh as a native trait.

Learn to play your job the right way, and your mp pool will take care of itself.

The playerbase has gotten very sloppy of late in abyssea. It's only when people are participating in content outside of abyssea that they realize how the game once was.

There's a reason our spells cost upwards of 250MP. You can either use sublimation from /sch or refresh 1 from /rdm, and with aspir/aspirII when it applies, you should be fine.

Your mp pool is your life, but I see too many people complain they dont have enough MP. Either your DD's suck, or you dont have enough support, or you truly think a blm should be chaincasting.

Get better friends, or learn to play the job the way it was intended.
    (0)

I completely forgot that I made this thread. I can't be sure anymore, but I think I picked Auto-Refresh as an easily understood starting point for discussing MP issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    BLM can get 7/tick auto-refresh just from gear if they want to:

Owleyes (Though a lot of people hate wearing this)
    Wivre Hairpin
    Goetia +2 body (2/tick)
    Moonshade Earring
    Serpentes Set
    Stearc Subligar

Certainly a lot better than the 1/tick we could get before Abyssea came out, but yeah you can still burn through all your MP (especially outside abyssea) in no time at all.
    Within my LS, I frequently play THF during events. Over the weekend, four of us decided to farm Dyna-Bastok for one or two AF2 pieces that people never got over the years as well as to sell/split currency drops. Some extra pocket change is always nice. It's been a long time, but I finally got the chance to play BLM outside of Abyssea.

My BLM only has access to 6MP/tick in Refresh at this point (Refresh 1 from /RDM, Wivre Hairpin, AF3+1 Body, Moonshade Earring), but with this much Refresh coupled with Aspir2, it's a world of difference from the Level 75 days. I nuked far more than I ever did in the Level 75 days, and not once did I need to rest MP or stare down my Convert timer. Sure, I still could blow through my entire MP pool in no time if I wanted, but by playing sensibly, I didn't have any MP problems.

So yeah, I jumped the gun on making this thread.

But.

The biggest difference maker in Dynamis? Asipr and Aspir2, and aspirable mobs are everywhere in Dynamis. Unfortunately, this isn't so true in the rest of FFXI, which is why I found this point interesting:

Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    Personally, I'd be inclined to suggest a FFXIV option here, although I'm not sure how feasible it would be - change Aspir and Aspir II such that they return MP even from monsters which do not have MP to drain. I've noticed in play that playing BLM against Aspir-able mobs (with Aspir II in the picture) is a completely different ballgame than playing it against things with no MP, and the ability to siphon MP from any monster was something I greatly enjoyed about XIV's MP mechanics.
    This is spot on. While reading the thread, I noticed that Aspir and Aspir2 were repeatedly cited as solutions to MP issues, but not once did anyone acknowledge that these spells are worthless unless aspir-able mobs are nearby. As it stands now, Aspir and Aspir2 are only part-time solutions, and that's why I liked Teakwood's argument.

If it's feasible for SE, SE should adjust mobs in FFXI so that they all have MP to aspir, much like they do in FFXIV. I believe that this adjustment would largely solve any MP efficiency for BLM. Furthermore, this adjustment would be a boon to all other jobs with access to Aspir spells from their main jobs or sub jobs.
    (0)

-- Fan of Abyssea and FFXI's New Direction --
    -- THF - DNC - BLM - RDM --

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4